How to down regulate androgen receptors? (PFS)

OP
M

Mister

The reason he felt miserable while taking the DHT wasn't really from the DHT itself. It was due to the shutdown of of gonadotropin synthesis. So, while he had reasonable or even high levels of DHT, his testicular steroidogenesis was reduced and he was deficient in every other steroid made starting from pregnenolone down each unique steroidogenic pathway.

This period of time where "things felt off" was due to having simultaneously low steroidogenesis and, now, no DHT since he ceased using that. During that period is where the HPTA readjusts and begins producing gonadotropins. As steroidogenesis returns, the hope is that AR expression is lowered and 5AR expression is restored and it seems like that's what happened for him.
Yeah that could be the explanation, although I've read proviron is only mildly suppressive of the HPTA.

Cooper

Androgens on high doses downregulate AR, why do you think countless people recovered from PFS with strong doses of steroids? I have been saying this for 2 years. I have no idea what you tried, i even forgot who you are (My memory is very bad. Getting a simple proifle picture would prevent that, i don't understand why some people don't use it.) but you seem like inside a loop. Just try things and see it yourself.

Besides that, if you wanna go anti- androgenic route, try Bicalutamide. It will downregulate your ARs.

Everything else is waste of time and energy.

Last edited:

wildworld1992

Androgens on high doses downregulate AR, why do you think countless people recovered from PFS with strong doses of steroids? I have been saying this for 2 years. I have no idea what you tried, i even forgot who you are (My memory is very bad. Getting a simple proifle picture would prevent that, i don't understand why some people don't use it.) but you seem like inside a loop. Just try things and see it yourself.

Besides that, if you wanna go anti- androgenic route, try Bicalutamide. It will downregulate your ARs.

Everything else is waste of time and energy.
How's your recovery so far?

ChemHead

How's your recovery so far?
Better relative to how I was when I made a long post about this subject a couple months ago. I took about a gram of DHT over the span of a week about a month ago and I've been experiencing a lot of improvement in sleep quality, dreams, and my skin is producing significantly more oil. If progress continues, this should be over in a couple months. If it stagnates, then I will either have to take DHT again for longer or I will likely also try an androgen receptor antagonist.

wildworld1992

Better relative to how I was when I made a long post about this subject a couple months ago. I took about a gram of DHT over the span of a week about a month ago and I've been experiencing a lot of improvement in sleep quality, dreams, and my skin is producing significantly more oil. If progress continues, this should be over in a couple months. If it stagnates, then I will either have to take DHT again for longer or I will likely also try an androgen receptor antagonist.
Hi ChemHead, what form of DHT did you use?Ws that DHT cream? If so, did you apply it to your scrotum directly? Thx.

ChemHead

Hi ChemHead, what form of DHT did you use?Ws that DHT cream? If so, did you apply it to your scrotum directly? Thx.
It was a hydroalcoholic gel (Andractim) and yes I applied it directly and also followed it with DMSO to encourage penetration.

Peatfan69

You took a gram orally or topically? I thought Andractim was very low percentage

ChemHead

You took a gram orally or topically? I thought Andractim was very low percentage
Transdermally. So, by injection, maybe 300-350 mg/week. Andractim contains 2 grams per tube. So, I used around a half tube in a week's time. 30-40% is probably absorbed.

outcast1979

I know its not about gaining muscle. Im just saying that if up regulated androgen receptors were the problem for pfs sufferers, then wouldnt a side effect of that be that they could build muscle easily?
Down regulating androgen receptors would be the last thing I would, I can imagine that would make things even worse.
You are right about the concept of building muscles with upregulated ar,i have pfs for 16 years,i am 42 now i dont use anabolic steroids i am full of veins i get pumps easily.The sexual sides are gone,the problem is mental sides for me depression anxiety social phobia,i think the gaba receptors is the culprit.

wildworld1992

You are right about the concept of building muscles with upregulated ar,i have pfs for 16 years,i am 42 now i dont use anabolic steroids i am full of veins i get pumps easily.The sexual sides are gone,the problem is mental sides for me depression anxiety social phobia,i think the gaba receptors is the culprit.
How did you solve your sexual sides?

wildworld1992

Hi ChemHead, how's it going? Did you make more progress?

outcast1979

I know its not about gaining muscle. Im just saying that if up regulated androgen receptors were the problem for pfs sufferers, then wouldnt a side effect of that be that they could build muscle easily?
Down regulating androgen receptors would be the last thing I would, I can imagine that would make things even worse.
Late reply here,never had a problem building muscles before and after fin.Considering my age i will say that after fin i build more easily muscles plus thinner skin and more veins.The only good thing after stopped finasteride.

OP
M

Mister

Also heard NAD+ reduces AR significantly, anyone know if this is correct?

EustaceBagge

You do understand that even though your androgen receptor expression has increased, it is to counter the effects of low androgenic activity to begin with? So if you fix yourself the androgen receptor expression will return to baseline, but you will have more androgenic activity than you have now.

Your body is craving the androgens and thus creating the environment for it. PFS lowered your androgens and this is what your body did to compensate for it. The only problem is that when you introduce exogenous androgens it doesn't reach all tissues evenly.

This means that for example when you produce testosterone it is mainly done in your balls and then it enters your bloodstream, but when you inject testosterone it is in your blood and only a little amount enters your balls.

So my guess is that even if you manage to downregulate your androgen receptors, or their sensitivity to androgens, it will make matters worse not better.

Isn't it logical that if you decreased DHT using finasteride, you would need to increase it to fix yourself? Weak stuff like proviron or masteron won't cut it.

I have to add that I didn't suffer from PFS so I'm not talking out of experience!

Cooper

You do understand that even though your androgen receptor expression has increased, it is to counter the effects of low androgenic activity to begin with? So if you fix yourself the androgen receptor expression will return to baseline, but you will have more androgenic activity than you have now.

Your body is craving the androgens and thus creating the environment for it. PFS lowered your androgens and this is what your body did to compensate for it. The only problem is that when you introduce exogenous androgens it doesn't reach all tissues evenly.

This means that for example when you produce testosterone it is mainly done in your balls and then it enters your bloodstream, but when you inject testosterone it is in your blood and only a little amount enters your balls.

So my guess is that even if you manage to downregulate your androgen receptors, or their sensitivity to androgens, it will make matters worse not better.

Isn't it logical that if you decreased DHT using finasteride, you would need to increase it to fix yourself? Weak stuff like proviron or masteron won't cut it.

I have to add that I didn't suffer from PFS so I'm not talking out of experience!
The amount of bro- science in this post is dazzling to read, lmao. No, taking something exogenously creates a homogenic absorbtion, do you have any idea how fast the blood stream flows in your body in a minute?

EustaceBagge

The amount of bro- science in this post is dazzling to read, lmao. No, taking something exogenously creates a homogenic absorbtion, do you have any idea how fast the blood stream flows in your body in a minute?
You are right about the broscience. But this is why bodybuilders on prep get their women pregnant, when they are on a LOT of hormones the concentration in the balls also increases and they suddenly are fertile. But when they use a low amount of hormones, the concentration in the balls is not enough and own production is shut down, thus they are not fertile.

Ronnie Coleman has 4 kids. So much for the imfertility problem of bodybuilders. I just extrapolated this info towards supplementing DHT. Finasteride doesn't differentiate in how it ***** up your 5ar enzymes. The body still wants its DHT, so what does it do? It sensitizes the androgen receptors.

So why do you want to desensitize/downregulate them if they are the symptom and not the cause?! Since when does a high amount of ar expression result in pfs and a not working ****? Is that not broscience?

OP
M

Mister

Okay so what do you suggest to fix it? DHT gel?

EustaceBagge

Why not inject DHT in a relatively high dose alongside dht gel applied to the scrotum?

Just like Tgel, the DHT gel will increase circulating hormones, but not enough to cause a shock. You will never absorb enough DHT from the gel to cause a very high dose in your body. So inject the stuff.

Be ready to look like a caveman with thick back hair though haha.

Peatfan69

Why not inject DHT in a relatively high dose alongside dht gel applied to the scrotum?

Just like Tgel, the DHT gel will increase circulating hormones, but not enough to cause a shock. You will never absorb enough DHT from the gel to cause a very high dose in your body. So inject the stuff.

Be ready to look like a caveman with thick back hair though haha.
Injectable DHT is practically impossible to find. DHT gel in DMSO at a high dose does gets absorbed systematically too though