How To Determine If You Need Thyroid Medication

DaveFoster

Tsh under .4 causes a loss of hair?

It sounds that way from the quote but I'm wondering if in the original question the person had a higher TSH? Unfortunately we don't know the original question just his reply.
He means that a TSH above 0.4 would contribute to the loss of hair. Ray has a good portion of his hair for his age, and he states that things that improve local thyroid metabolism in the follicle can assist the growth of hair.

Im interested in peoples thoughts on whether diet alone is good enough to improve thyroid.
It might be best to think of a quality diet as necessary but not sufficient for good thyroid function. In other words, one cannot be healthy on a poor diet with a thyroid supplement, as the PUFA eventually accumulates to the point where the cell cannot respire.

Xisca

Yes the thyroid will be down regulated if famine is experienced.
I suspect the same ! Got the idea from my father, who still shows some features corresponding to having lived the war. He has low thyroid though not too low blood results. I can see it more in the symptoms, as if it was hormone resistance.

Famine also affects the nervous system, because your life is frightened. And it is known that some stress response can modify some gene expressions, and also that the expression is transmitted! More surprising, after psychotherapy, the genes were modified, and also the genes of the descendence who did not do the psychotherapy... It is about a japanese research, I do not have the reference...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals