How To Deal With Multiple Very Stressful Periods Daily

bimbambem

I have very stressful job in finance(quitting not an option for now). About 10x daily when I await results of my "investments" my stress hormones shoot over the roof. I've been doing it for years but my body still deals with this poorly. Especially when I loss a lot(which happens almost daily - there is a lot of variance), stress hormones don't go down for at least 1-2h.

I've been smoking and it helped a little(I think) but I quit over a month ago. I tried vaping nic but it's not the same so I am completely off now, and not looking to start again.

Any tips :) ? Maybe some food(am thinking salt?) around the most "stressful" period that could help a little?

Xisca

It is incredible, generally talking, up to what point we react the same as when there is a material threat to our lives! There is activation, so stress hormones, and they should go down when the threat is over, but you are hypervigilant, because you foresee that it is going to happen again.
Your system is saying "why relax as i know i have to go high again, let's stay there."
It just cannot go on lke this forever of course, but it is automatic.
That is when relaxation technique help, or even mindfulness etc. You are not present because you foresee the future and you get prepared before time.
If you help yourself to stand this more and longer, then you will just postpone the problem.
What you need as a long term, is to recover your ability to go up and down as quickly as possible.
You know how to go up, it just happen by itself, and what does not happen by itself is to go down. This part of the cycle is relaxation. You can also work with breathing techniques, as Buteyko.

tara

You can also work with breathing techniques, as Buteyko.
+1
One possible breathing exercise for first aid and practice: deliberately relax your body on an exhalation, and pause for as long as you comfortably can before inhalation. Practice often.

Make sure you are fed, so the extra stress triggers are not on top of already-high stress from low bloods sugars/low glycogen stores. A good substantial breakfast and lunch, and snacks as needed. Peat is keen on minimising PUFA (O6 and 3) for several reasons related to messing with metabolism. Check that you are covering micronutrient needs with diet. Deficiency in Mg, B-vits or others can sometimes make us more prone to stress. Avoid foods you know irritate your gut or trigger allergies. Get at least 80g protein/day. At least as much calcium as phosphorus (up to twice as much).

Get out for some sun on the skin at break times.

These are pretty general ideas - there may well be other useful tactics, but they probably depend on what you are already doing, and what your current state of health is like.

NathanK

Im sure you have tried much of the dietary advice so ill just add that ive been trying a drop of progesterone lately when stress hits. So far its done a decent job of chilling me out/helping me to be more resilient

XPlus

I think this builds up in the the presence of excess serotonin.
Anything that lowers serotonin can help.
I don't usually recommend cyproheptadine but I find it very effective for compating stress at work - this coming from a banker.
Expect to get less work done; and be really careful with it. Withdrawal can leave you a little dull. Perhaps you might want to combine this with some lesuride, to balance dopamine.
Consult a doctor. So if anything happens, you know who to blame.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals