How To Deal With Mosquito Bites?

iPeat

Hey, GAF. Did you find any relief for your daughter? My 3 year-old daughter has the same thing right now. Her eye is nearly swollen shut.

Also, to anyone really, is overreaction to mosquito bites normal? My 3 year-old and my 6 year-old have always violently reacted to mosquito bites. Ever bite turns into a one inch welt (or bigger), and itches them so bad they wind up making themselves bleed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GAF

Primarily, I did prevention by killing the little buggers en masse in areas where she might be.

The other suggestions here helped too.

I think it is excess histamine and the kids probably outgrow the issue. In the meantime, kill the little critters.

iPeat

Primarily, I did prevention by killing the little buggers en masse in areas where she might be.

The other suggestions here helped too.

I think it is excess histamine and the kids probably outgrow the issue. In the meantime, kill the little critters.

Thank you for responding. Honey and Vitamin E seem to help a bit.

Did you ever use cypro on your kids like someone on this thread mentioned?

ilhanxx

You can put Ocimum basilicum in the room especially entrance. mosquitos hate that or you can put 3 4 pieces cloves in a half lemon near pillow before bed. after bite, cologne is good option for me, it relaxes. before bite, johnson off baby spray protect skin.

Lejeboca

Hey, GAF. Did you find any relief for your daughter? My 3 year-old daughter has the same thing right now. Her eye is nearly swollen shut.

Also, to anyone really, is overreaction to mosquito bites normal? My 3 year-old and my 6 year-old have always violently reacted to mosquito bites. Ever bite turns into a one inch welt (or bigger), and itches them so bad they wind up making themselves bleed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The reaction depends on the type of mosquito, I think. For example, to the small "tropical" ones, I react with large welts, while "northern" mosquitoes don't bother me as much, per bite, i.e.

Homeopathic Ledum (15c or 30c) reduces the mosquito welt and itch for me pretty much immediately upon taking it.
!! A warning, however, don't take Ledum if you had lyme or (I suppose) another tick borne disease: You may wind up with a strong Herx reaction !!

GAF

Did not try cypro. She is grandchild. Parents wouldn't go for experiment like that.

iPeat

Did not try cypro. She is grandchild. Parents wouldn't go for experiment like that.

Ah. Ok, thank you. I get it. I can't seem to muster the courage to try something like cypro either, even though my kids have quite a few conditions that I believe cypro could benefit and given the fact that it's literally prescribed to infants (in relatively high doses) because it's so safe.

As far as mosquito bites goes, TocoVit (topically) has been really effective for my 2 kids. Doesn't stop the bites, but it turns a bite from a large, itchy welt to jut a big red mark in just a few minutes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals