How to cure Ulcerative Colitis (IBD)

Vins7

I would try supplementing boron and betaine, and do intermittent dry fasting.

I can explain why I think that it could help if you are interested.
Why dry fast? Is drinking water bad for the gut?

Roselynne

Hi everyone,

Could you please help me figure out how to resolve ulcerative colitis?

Diet helped me avoid biologic but there's still inflammation and symptoms.

Things that I've tried:
-Carnivore diet (helped reduce symptoms but no energy)
-Animal based diet with white rice and honey (reduced symptoms with energy but no complete remission)
-Helminthic therapy is (2+ years, no effect)
-Low dose Naltrexone (does impact my sleep but not my AI)

Also, sleep, stress and lifestyle factors are under control and optimized.

I don't do well with raw milk and dairy unfortunately + raw milk is illegal here in Canada, also sugar makes things worse.

I'm all ears and ready to try any suggestions ?it's been a hell of a ride!

Thanks in advance
I was on the SCD for about 10 years it helped me initially however, I could not tolerate the nut and coconut flours. I found that a starch free diet is effective.

Roselynne

I also second B1. Start with a low dose. I take a B complex however take B1 and B2 separately.
K2 and Zinc l-carnosine have been helpful.

Rasaari

I also have a question re UC. i have been on Remicade for 6 months and now feel fine and i am very keen to stop but the doctors are using fear tactics to keep me on it citing other patients who have stopped in the past and have had bad flare ups leading to forced colon removal surgery.

Ideally i would like to stop the remicade and continue with a morning and evening mesalazine tablet and eventually come off that as well. My thinking is to have a colonoscopy or endoscopy to see whether the intestinal situation is indeed better and use that as leverage with the doctors.

Are there any tests or biomarkers i could check as to whether the UC is healed and/or in remission? Any other advice from those who have refused biologics and cured themselves? Many thanks in advance.
I used to be on remicade too, for a few years, until I started to form antibodies against it and got nice vasculitis from it. Georgi/haidut has talked about that it's tnf alpha blocking is good, however its toxic to the thymus, which was a surprise for me, but makes sense now that I look back. I used to be constantly sick with "flu" aka low grade endotoxinemia. Probably some fungal issues too. But it did help induce "remission" where I could eat anything and have no pain, and my inflammatory markers were good. Although I had some flare ups. With remicade/humira if you go off of them you might form antibodies and not be able to come back on them if things go bad. Georgi talked about ketotifen and that it could also block tnf-a and leukotrienes without the toxic side-effects. Its an old school antihistamine and might be hard to get but I got some from romania. Haven't tried yet, as Im dancing with bacteria and fungi now. I suggest you try to stabilize your intestines as much as you can when on remicade. That ***t cannot be taken forever.

Doctors are sure to establish "learned helplessness". When I was diagnosed with crohn's they made sure I knew that I was damaged goods for the rest of my life and there's nothing that can be done other than wait for a "cure". I never bought it though. Just didn't make sense to me that just suddenly (in terms of history) this awful inflammatory condition just popped up in the population, and there's nothing that can be done. I just was clueless how to combat it and so I have had to succumb the medicine men. A 14/15 year old just isnt supposed to even need to know about this stuff. This disbelief also led to me to all kinds of alternative health stuff from conventional "healthy eating" to vegan and keto and eventually to the peatosphere. Its important to keep your ibd patients sick, as the biologics are the most profitable drugs and you can just suck money out of these people. Pharma's 50 Best Sellers - True Cost of Healthcare humira 1st, remicade and ustekinumab 15&16.

Mesalazine is basically shitty aspirin. Issue with aspirin is that it starts to inhibit cox-2 properly in high dosages, however combining with vitamin E decreases the aspirin dosage.

"The use of aspirin in rheumatoid arthritis is limited since inhibition of the pro-inflammatory enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 occurs only at higher aspirin doses that are often associated with side effects such as gastric toxicity. Using a macrophage cell line (J774. 1A), the present study explores possible synergistic effects of aspirin and vitamin E on the expression and activity of cyclooxygenase-2. Lipopolysaccharide-induced prostaglandin E(2) formation was significantly reduced by aspirin (1-100 microM) or vitamin E (100-300 microM). When combined with vitamin E, aspirin-dependent inhibition of prostaglandin E(2) formation was increased from 59% to 95% of control. Likewise, lipopolysaccharide-induced cyclooxygenase-2 protein and mRNA expression were virtually abolished by the combined treatment of aspirin and vitamin E, whereas the two agents alone were only modestly effective. Vitamin C did not mimic the actions of vitamin E under these conditions, suggesting that redox-independent mechanisms underlie the action of vitamin E. In agreement with this, vitamin E and aspirin were without effect on lipopolysaccharide-induced translocation of the redox-sensitive transcription factor NF-kappa B. Our results show that co-administration of vitamin E renders cyclooxygenase-2 more sensitive to inhibition by aspirin by as yet unknown mechanisms. Thus, anti-inflammatory therapy might be successful with lower aspirin doses when combined with vitamin E, thereby possibly avoiding the side effects of the usually required high dose aspirin treatment."