How To Convince An Endocrinologist?

Max23

Hi!

I would like to hear from people how you managed to convince an endocrinologist to prescribe thyroid hormone if you were euthyroid and had hypothyroid symptoms. I failed once, gave her some names like Ray Peat, Broda Barnes, Stephen Langer. I am going to visit one more soon and now I´m taking the research with me that I have found, how T3 and AT has cured fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism and other symptoms. They cannot say no then, although it seems very outside of the standard practice. My health is failing really bad and I don´t have much time to find other solutions. I just would like to test it to know, because Ray Peat and so many others think it works.

I would appreciate your help very much!

Dhair

Hi!

I would like to hear from people how you managed to convince an endocrinologist to prescribe thyroid hormone if you were euthyroid and had hypothyroid symptoms. I failed once, gave her some names like Ray Peat, Broda Barnes, Stephen Langer. I am going to visit one more soon and now I´m taking the research with me that I have found, how T3 and AT has cured fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism and other symptoms. They cannot say no then, although it seems very outside of the standard practice. My health is failing really bad and I don´t have much time to find other solutions. I just would like to test it to know, because Ray Peat and so many others think it works.

I would appreciate your help very much!
There are online sources for these products. I personally will never waste my time with endocrinologists again. You can buy cynoplus and cynomel from online Mexican pharmacies, and you can also buy thyroid products from Idealabs.

yerrag

There are online sources for these products. I personally will never waste my time with endocrinologists again. You can buy cynoplus and cynomel from online Mexican pharmacies, and you can also buy thyroid products from Idealabs.
+1.

They are trained to tell you that you're either normal or hyperthyroid. Hypothyroid is outside their vocabulary.

So, it's either you end up with low metabolism and its accompanying chronically diseased state, and eventually be found with something wrong with your heart, or liver, or kidney, and given all sorts of meds that worsen your situation.

Or your thyroid gets cut up. At this point, you get the thyroid meds. It will come. In their own way. In their own time. Never yours.

Regina

+1.

They are trained to tell you that you're either normal or hyperthyroid. Hypothyroid is outside their vocabulary.

So, it's either you end up with low metabolism and its accompanying chronically diseased state, and eventually be found with something wrong with your heart, or liver, or kidney, and given all sorts of meds that worsen your situation.

Or your thyroid gets cut up. At this point, you get the thyroid meds. It will come. In their own way. In their own time. Never yours.
+1

Luckytype

This.

I went through 4 doctors and ultimately cancelled my first endo appt because of my own ability to listen to myself and understand common successful protocols. Each of these doctors told me something different. I added in a myriad of anecdotal stuff from members here and created a plan that has been incredibly successful thus far.

Bart1

I have exactly the same issue with my endocrinologist , just created a similar topic for this. I think about just starting with thyroid from idealabs. My only concern is that I feel that my thyroid is a bit enlarged. It also moved my adams apple a bit. I want to get a ultrasound to rule out thyroid cancer before I begin treating myself with thyroid, but they won’t do it. He did feel my neck but very superficial.

So I’m at a crossroad, do I start treatment or let my health deteriorate further to prove to the rest of the world I have thyroid issues!

Luckytype

I have exactly the same issue with my endocrinologist , just created a similar topic for this. I think about just starting with thyroid from idealabs. My only concern is that I feel that my thyroid is a bit enlarged. It also moved my adams apple a bit. I want to get a ultrasound to rule out thyroid cancer before I begin treating myself with thyroid, but they won’t do it. He did feel my neck but very superficial.

So I’m at a crossroad, do I start treatment or let my health deteriorate further to prove to the rest of the world I have thyroid issues!

The latter portion of what you wrote unfortunately is the truly disgusting truth question about modern medicine.

What do your temps say? What kind of recently blood work have you had? Thats where I would start to get an idea of a picture.

Bart1

The latter portion of what you wrote unfortunately is the truly disgusting truth question about modern medicine.

What do your temps say? What kind of recently blood work have you had? Thats where I would start to get an idea of a picture.

I'm a 37 year old male, recent bloodwork :

TSH 2.0 mU/l - range 0.27 - 4.20
Free T4 -19.69 pmol/l - range 11.6 - 21.9
Free T3 - 4.42 pmol/l - range 3.08 - 6.78
Reverse T3 - 283.7 pmol/l - range 138.6 - 331.1
PTH - 5.7 - range 1 - 7
SHBG - 49.9 nmol/l - range 18.3 - 54.1
Testosterone - 16.2 nmol/l - range 6.9 - 28.1
Prolactine - 256 - range 53 - 360
IGF-1 - 13 - range 10.8 - 31.9
Cortisol (8 am) - 426 - range - 170 - 500
LH - 4 - range 0.8 - 7.6
FSH - 3.5 - range 0.7 - 11.1

Pulse in rest won't go over 60-65 during the day, when I wake up around 50-55. I feel cold a lot, have not yet measured temps.

Basically I have no energy at all. I did weight training before and now it seems like I am losing all my muscle, really strange and scary. I lost some weight and my muscles feel flat and soft. I feels like Im not able to store glycogen in the muscle anymore. I am very dizzy during the day so definitely a liver problem I guess. Low libido, ED, hair loss, eczema.. I got all the issues right now. But the doctors say there's nothing wrong!

Luckytype

I'm a 37 year old male, recent bloodwork :

TSH 2.0 mU/l - range 0.27 - 4.20
Free T4 -19.69 pmol/l - range 11.6 - 21.9
Free T3 - 4.42 pmol/l - range 3.08 - 6.78
Reverse T3 - 283.7 pmol/l - range 138.6 - 331.1
PTH - 5.7 - range 1 - 7
SHBG - 49.9 nmol/l - range 18.3 - 54.1
Testosterone - 16.2 nmol/l - range 6.9 - 28.1
Prolactine - 256 - range 53 - 360
IGF-1 - 13 - range 10.8 - 31.9
Cortisol (8 am) - 426 - range - 170 - 500
LH - 4 - range 0.8 - 7.6
FSH - 3.5 - range 0.7 - 11.1

Pulse in rest won't go over 60-65 during the day, when I wake up around 50-55. I feel cold a lot, have not yet measured temps.

Basically I have no energy at all. I did weight training before and now it seems like I am losing all my muscle, really strange and scary. I lost some weight and my muscles feel flat and soft. I feels like Im not able to store glycogen in the muscle anymore. I am very dizzy during the day so definitely a liver problem I guess. Low libido, ED, hair loss, eczema.. I got all the issues right now. But the doctors say there's nothing wrong!

Very common symptoms for sure. Start getting temps this week. Your TSH should be a little lower too.

What does your food and caloric intake for a day look like?

Bart1

Ok will start measuring temps, bought a digital one, mercury ones are prohibited here. What is the best place to measure and how long?

I have a strict diet during the day:
Breakfast:
OJ+Milk+ (Collagen/Bone broth protein) + cane sugar, salt, strawberries/cherries , 1 egg
Lunch: one melon, mostly honeydew, some cottage cheese

Somewhere carrot salad with coconut oil

Try to eat grapes/more melon, apple sauce with a boiled egg en some coconut oil

In the evening I eat with my girlfriend. Things I try there is to avoid PUFA as much as possible and avoid gluten. Mostly some meat or fish (not the fatty ones)/shrimp, some starch gluten free.

I drink 2-3 coffee with sugar and milk between meals.

I take the following supplements:

Energin, Tocovit, Vitamin D,K2 (next bottle will be estroban to add Vitamin A). Aspirin, Taurine, glycine. Sometime some zinc and selenium because I seem to be deficient in that (white spots on nails, disappear with zinc).
This week started with pansterone, which seem to help with energy, libido and dizziness.

So only thing I want to try next is thyroid.. I ordered tyronene (day) and tyromix (evening)

@haidut does this sound like a good supplement stack for me?

What could I do more?

Bart1

Very common symptoms for sure. Start getting temps this week. Your TSH should be a little lower too.

What does your food and caloric intake for a day look like?
Forgot to put your comment as a reply. Any suggestions much appreciated!

OP
Max23

Max23

I have listened all of Danny Roddy´s podcasts and thanks to haidut I am in this forum. I didn´t know that it was possible to order T3 online from Idealabs. How is it legal? What´s the catch? I would like to buy Tyronene but it says lab use only and when you click on info, it says harmful if swallowed. I would also like to know what has the user experience been like? Has it helped? My health is really bad now, my muscles and eyes are failing. I can use the computer very little in a day. I would really appreciate if you or anyone else would explaine the situation to me.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help!

OP
Max23

Max23

Estonia isn´t listed on this list. I wrote the Broda Barnes Foundation once and they told me to write to the daughter of Jacque Hertoghe and to ask weather she knew of any colleges in Estonia, but she didn´t write me back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals