How To Consume Coconut Oil By Itself Without Tasting Or Touching It

chanlaw

Any tips? Taking it by capsule would use a lot of capsule since i want to be getting around 120g fats

shepherdgirl

Is it that you don't like the taste/feel of CO? Refined CO does not have any coconut flavor. you could try to mix it with something else and maybe it wouldn't be as hard to get down.

OP
C

chanlaw

Is it that you don't like the taste/feel of CO? Refined CO does not have any coconut flavor. you could try to mix it with something else and maybe it wouldn't be as hard to get down.
Yes but i currently have two box of unrefined, it would be waste. I am trying to seperate sugar, protein vs fats so need a way to consume coconut oil as it is my main source of fat

shine

Maybe you can warm it up and inject it via your rectum with one of those bigger syringes. Or you could use a feeding tube that you stuff down your throat every day.

I'd prefer gulping it down though.

schultz

What's the purpose of separating the macros?

I heard Ray mention digestion is much improved by consuming all 3 macros together. Just a thought.

I believe it was this podcast on digestion -> https://www.toxinless.com/polsci-100426-digestion.mp3

You could mix it with warm cream and drink it... It doesn't seem appealing to me, but sounds more appealing than coconut oil by itself. Add a little vanilla and it might taste okay.

olive

There’s no need to separate proteins and fats. Just carbs away from fats by 4+ hours. Or fats away from carbs by 3+ hours. Assuming you wish to adhere to the randle cycle.

Also coconut oil lacks micronutrients. And many micronutrients require fats for absorption. Taking straight coconut oil isolated from other foods may lead to nutrient deficiencies. I suggest just eating meat/fish/shellfish/eggs (proteins+fats+micronutrients).

OP
C

chanlaw

What's the purpose of separating the macros?

I heard Ray mention digestion is much improved by consuming all 3 macros together. Just a thought.

I believe it was this podcast on digestion -> https://www.toxinless.com/polsci-100426-digestion.mp3

You could mix it with warm cream and drink it... It doesn't seem appealing to me, but sounds more appealing than coconut oil by itself. Add a little vanilla and it might taste okay.
High fat hurts insulin sensitivity. I want to time high fat with fat solubles.

OP
C

chanlaw

There’s no need to separate proteins and fats. Just carbs away from fats by 4+ hours. Or fats away from carbs by 3+ hours. Assuming you wish to adhere to the randle cycle.

Also coconut oil lacks micronutrients. And many micronutrients require fats for absorption. Taking straight coconut oil isolated from other foods may lead to nutrient deficiencies. I suggest just eating meat/fish/shellfish/eggs (proteins+fats+micronutrients).
I remember reading protein is best digested with sugar. Can the body get sugar from glycogen to digest it well when taken with fat?
I am worried about pufa from the sources u wrote. I want to keep it as low as possible while having 120g fat diet

olive

I remember reading protein is best digested with sugar. Can the body get sugar from glycogen to digest it well when taken with fat?
I am worried about pufa from the sources u wrote. I want to keep it as low as possible while having 120g fat diet
Why do you want such a high fat intake? Many on this forum have tried that approach and failed. SFA has many draw backs, just like PUFA. 20g of fat a day is plenty to absorb micronutrients from real food without racking up tons of PUFA.

Also think it’s worth noting that 120g of coconut oil solo is going to give you the runs.

Last edited:

Tenacity

You don't. Pretty sure if you don't like something it's a good sign that you shouldn't consume it.

Oraganic4me

621CBCD9-59B4-49D8-9985-4A4B9364088B.jpeg 4D017687-C3C0-4D14-96F6-EAF2B12CD939.jpeg I have a slight allergy to coconut... I get scratchy throat when I consume full fat coconut milk... unrefined coconut oil and coconut sugar...
I had given up on it completely, then I heard an interview with Dr Peat and he said if your allergic to coconut then try the liquid coconut oil that has been refined and flavor removed.. so like a gluten for punishment that I am , I purchased a bottle and tried it ! WOW, no allergic reaction, no taste, I use in carrot salad and sautéed potatoes, mushrooms etc... I love it! Thanks to Dr Peat recommendation

berk

. Just carbs away from fats by 4+ hours. Or fats away from carbs by 3+ hours. .
why? and do you have scientific study's that proves your theory is right?

berk

seriously, where does this information come from? are there study that backs this theory up? i cant find any.
Dietary fats traveling 24 hours in the bloodstream, so separate carbs and fats makes no sense.

boris

When you hold your nose and breath through the mouth you won‘t taste it. Keep the nose shut for a while even after swallowing. Rinse the mouth and chase with something to eliminate and mask the aftertaste.

As far as „without touching“ goes. There is only one way that comes to mind: feeding tube. Sounds more brutal to me than trying to get used to the texture.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals