How To Consume Brewer’s Yeast?

Astolfo

Im gonna start consuming some brewer’s yeast for histidine deficiency. I heard also RP’s dad took it for a while and cured his diabete’s, so it works. But i couldn’t find how much is needed and how should i consume it. Am i just gonna eat it? How many grams is the minimal dose and how many is the optimal?

boris

You can pour boiling water over it and let it sit, then drink the liquid and throw the residue in the bottom away.

You can eat it too, if you feel fine with it. I don't know what a good dosage would be, but I used to eat a few teaspoons of it without ill effects.

OP
A

Astolfo

You can pour boiling water over it and let it sit, then drink the liquid and throw the residue in the bottom away.
Could i get all the amino acids and vitamins from it by this way?

boris

I don't know about the amino acids, but Peat recommends the water extract for the B vitamins.

somuch4food

A quick search tells me amino acids are water soluble, so it should be ok.

I have tried some with warm milk and maple syrup and it was quite good.

I had actual dream recalls when I consumed it, but I stopped since I needed to do an elimination diet.

You're making me want to try again since I've mostly figured out my problem foods.

OP
A

Astolfo

I guess I will eat the powder after all. I don't really want to waste the product.

Does anybody know about how much did RP's father had to eat to cure his diabetes? A few teaspoons could change depend how full the spoon is. I guess 20 grams daily is okay(?)

My dad gave us brewer's yeast, daily for years, when we were little. He would mix it in cold water with some honey and we would get it down. I gave it to my kids when they were were kids too. I currently have a tub of it hiding in the shadows of my pantry.
Im gonna start consuming some brewer’s yeast for histidine deficiency. I heard also RP’s dad took it for a while and cured his diabete’s, so it works. But i couldn’t find how much is needed and how should i consume it. Am i just gonna eat it? How many grams is the minimal dose and how many is the optimal?

reaching

Ive been taking this. It's sold where I live as a common supplement for gas and digestion problems. I haven't noticed anything too profound since my digestion is pretty nice these days due to the reduction of starch. But maybe it is really contributing to my nice movements and I am not aware of it.

Kykeon

ray peat says it is best to take the brewers yeast, make an infusion and drink the liquid.
"Yes, boil the water and b. yeasts combination. Let simmer at rolling boil for 2-5 minutes. Then pour into glass. Let the sediment fall down to the bottom over a period of half hour or so. Pour off liquid. Discard sediment. Consume liquid only. 1T to 4T is the dose I use." [Source: Comment Section Ray Peat, PhD on Brewer’s Yeast – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)]

Nutritional Yeast / Brewer's Yeast another post about this topic.

reaching

Here is translation of supplement I am taking. I have been putting 10 pills in warm water and letting it dissolved and drinking all of it. I do it about two or three times a day. Eesh, it has some funky stuff in it. "Hydrogenated oil"
Probably should just get a brand from iherb.

-------------
"Brewer Yeast known as an important component of making beer by fermentation. Its size is about 10 microns (1 milimeters of 1 micron = 1000 minutes). It is spherical or egg-shaped under a microscope. The Glucan and Mannan in the cell wall is an essential amino acids and vitamins and it contains a lot of nutritional ingredients.

The live Brewer Yeast helps the digestive function, increase those ‘good bacteria’, such as lactic acid.

Indications:

- Bloating, Indigestion, Stomach Abdominal Fullness

- Overeat, Over-Drink, Heartburn, Chest Tightness, Nausea (Nausea, Hangover, Drunk Nausea), Vomiting

- Weak Stomach, Loss of Appetite (Anorexia)

- Nutritional Supplements, Nutritional Disorders

- Pregnant Woman, Breastfeeding Woman and Frail Physique Nutritional Supplements

Direction​

For age above 15 years old, 10 tablets 3 times a day, after meals.
[per daily dosage: 30 tablets]

Dry Yeast 7125mg
Containing lactose, calcium hydrogen phosphate, silicic anhydride, a hydrogenated oil as an additive.
Ebios tablet is a tablet with a taste and yeast peculiar smell in the yellowish-white to pale yellowish brown."

So just to make sure, we should focus on supplementing "INACTIVE" brewer's yeast, right?
Not the "ACTIVE" form?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals