How To Consume Aspirin Powder

A

Adnada

Hi folks! Can someone please tell me the best way to consume pure aspirin powder? Is there a benefit to mixing it into a drink vs. putting it into a gelatin capsule? If mixing it into a liquid, should it be heated for better dissolution? Thanks!

pboy

sorry I don't mean to hijack the topic, I just have a question about aspirin (I don't take it, never have cept when I was a kid). By preventing liberation of PUFA, would it not also prevent its detoxification, even if conditions were appropriate and abundant for such? Maybe aspirin is better only in acute situations to help reestablish metabolism in cases of severe mitochondrial compromise, along with a good amount of high quality carbohydrates, but like say you took aspirin all the time every day, you'd inevitably just slowly accumulate what little pufa you are eating and never really mobilize it out...say you actually had conditions that were right, like liver was stocked, metabolism and thyroid were good, clean intestines, and the body was able to take them from storage and conjugate them and spit them out in bile...would aspirin not prevent this? Just something to think about I suppose. When I was detoxing pufa it was obvious and it all played out exactly how i'd have expected pretty much, and at the appropriate time, but I never took aspirin and had fruit intake low at the time so not much salicylic acid and wasn't taking niacinamide or anything. I just wonder if people taking those supplements all the time are kind of suspending themselves but not ever giving themselves a chance to actually heal, detox

OP
A

Adnada

Good thoughts, pboy. I am interested in hearing responses to those possible downsides of aspirin. My interest in taking aspririn is to reduce estrogen. I have high estrogen symptoms despite 2 years of eating a very intentional Peaty diet and supplementing with thyroid and Progest-E.

jaguar43

pboy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95867/ sorry I don't mean to hijack the topic, I just have a question about aspirin (I don't take it, never have cept when I was a kid). By preventing liberation of PUFA, would it not also prevent its detoxification, even if conditions were appropriate and abundant for such? Maybe aspirin is better only in acute situations to help reestablish metabolism in cases of severe mitochondrial compromise, along with a good amount of high quality carbohydrates, but like say you took aspirin all the time every day, you'd inevitably just slowly accumulate what little pufa you are eating and never really mobilize it out...say you actually had conditions that were right, like liver was stocked, metabolism and thyroid were good, clean intestines, and the body was able to take them from storage and conjugate them and spit them out in bile...would aspirin not prevent this? Just something to think about I suppose. When I was detoxing pufa it was obvious and it all played out exactly how i'd have expected pretty much, and at the appropriate time, but I never took aspirin and had fruit intake low at the time so not much salicylic acid and wasn't taking niacinamide or anything. I just wonder if people taking those supplements all the time are kind of suspending themselves but not ever giving themselves a chance to actually heal, detox

Aspirin doesn't prevent the detoxification of pufas. Essentially the problem with pufa is that it creates oxidative damage because of it's chemical structure. It's sensitive to heat allows it to become rancid in the body. Saturated fats have a high resistance to heat because of its chemical structure. Aspirin protects against that oxidative stress i believe via oxidative phosphorylation/uncoupling. Also, it has anti-estrogenic effects due to lowering the prostaglandins and Cox-2 inhibitor characteristics, has anti-opiod properties. It also decreases insulin resistance, free fatty acids, and lipolysis.

P.S. Trying to project some philosophical subjectivism is useful, but essentially it can create a confusion within the wrong context by antagonizing objective reality.

As to the original post. I use a measuring scoop and swallow it with coffee or a drink. However, I am using pure aspirin without the starch.

Last edited by a moderator:

pboy

it was actually a grounded realistic question. How do you suppose the pufas will ever be eliminated if they cant be liberated so the liver can throw them out, or be oxidized? that's basically what I'm asking, I'm just trying to trace the dots

jaguar43

pboy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95926/ it was actually a grounded realistic question. How do you suppose the pufas will ever be eliminated if they cant be liberated so the liver can throw them out, or be oxidized? that's basically what I'm asking, I'm just trying to trace the dots

No it's not. Your thinking biology in a mechanistic way. liberating pufas doesn't mean that they will be eliminated, and eliminating them doesn't mean that they have to be liberated. It's a biochemical process that involve many variables that can remove them from the body. One variable would be the half life of pufas which is 600 days. Would you suppose that in 600 period, that they become liberated ? Not necessary, simply not eating pufa decreases them overtime.

Actually the liberating process from the fat stores has a chemical name called lipolysis. The low-carb advocates promote using "keto-acids"(fat stores) for energy instead of glucose. Ideally that would work if our fat contain no pufa, but realistic in todays modern society most of our food and therefore our fat stores contain pufas. However, studies show that lipolysis increases in proportion with other biochemical process increases the rate of diabetes. And drugs like bromocriptine significantly lower lipolysis and free fatty acids.

Aspirin, being extremely safe is sometimes taken out of context to prove an argument that isn't base on reality.

Unfortunately, you and others that I have seen are providing incorrect ideas to prove your philosophical subjectivism. Misleading members of this forum isn't something that should be tolerated.

pboy

dude you are unusually fierce about what I wrote, its cool if I'm wrong but I'm not trying to start an argument.

If the liver has high glycogen, your fat intake is low, and you have a decent thyroid and enough protein, pufa's can be treated like any other toxin and safely ushered to the liver and eliminated by attatching to a sulfate and putting in the bile. If you totally prevent lipolysis, the fat can never go from tissues to the liver for that to happen. Also if you just have high fructose and the other things I mentioned, or use coconut oil, the uncoupling can prevent damage from oxidizing pufa's, but again, if you prevent that totally, they'll just remain where they are. If you look at some of the people in the more raw vegan raw til 4 whatever lifestyle some people have lost ridiculous amounts of weight in a short amount of time, and it had to have been PUFA, so its pretty clear that they were safely oxidizing it because of the abundant fructose, and/or able to dump a lot out in the bile in which case the high fiber might have helped to

you say that pufa just simply has a half life of 600 days and over time tends to lower, but have no idea how or why that happens...they just disappear I guess

I realize aspirins benefits but I am fairly certain is should be used as a tool and a kick starter rather than a daily thing especially for people that are relatively strong of metabolism

its prostaglandin inhibiting properties are defineately very valuable, so it can be very protective, but at some point people probably, once they feel robust enough, actually wanna eliminate all the pufa from their body stores, not just prevent its liberation

tara

pboy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95936/ If you look at some of the people in the more raw vegan raw til 4 whatever lifestyle some people have lost ridiculous amounts of weight in a short amount of time, and it had to have been PUFA, so its pretty clear that they were safely oxidizing it because of the abundant fructose, and/or able to dump a lot out in the bile in which case the high fiber might have helped to

I'm not weighing in on the rest of this discussion, but I'm afraid I can't resist putting my PoV to this comment. Might work fine for some people - net benefit. But losing lots of weight rapidly does not prove anything about safe oxidisation or safe anything - there could well be some metabolism-suppressing effects or other damage on the way out as well.

Mittir

RP mentioned dissolving aspirin in warm water. You can also use
some baking soda, aspirin is more soluble in alkaline water.

I guess you already know that you will need extra vitamin K if
your intake of aspirin is more than baby aspirin.

Some people apply aspirin water on skin to avoid gut problems.
In certain people Aspirin can cause ulcer within a week. RP mentioned
that increasing aspirin dose slowly should not cause ulcer issue.
I have also read a study which used aspirin dissolved with baking soda
in water to prevent gastric problem. I am not sure what RP thinks about it.

Mittir

Aspirin, FFA Inhibitor and Half- Life

In one of the interviews someone asked RP if using FFA inhibitors like
Aspirin and Niacinamide would slow down the PUFA depletion.
He said it would slow down PUFA depletion and one would lose about
3 lbs in couple of years from fat cells burning its own fat.
That is going to be a very slow process. That 600 days number is
derived from regular dietary intake where they did not go through
weight/fat loss or any use of FFA inhibitors.

Use of FFA inhibitors depends on health status if one
can afford to burn PUFA . Age is a big factor. I had a huge improvement
in health using Niacinamide. Then i stopped using it and i believe my
liver is in much better shape now where i can withstand 10-15 hours
of food deprivation. Before peating i used to feel sick if i did not eat
anything just after waking up from 7-8 hours of sleep. Now i can wait another
6-7 hours without eating anything after waking up. I am letting some fat burn
to accelerate PUFA depletion. I will start using Niacinamide again if i start
having old symptoms.

Tarmander

Mittir said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95946/ Aspirin, FFA Inhibitor and Half- Life

having old symptoms.

How much niacinamide were you taking? I never felt like Niacinamide was helping my liver...I am curious how you thought that?

Mittir

Tarmander said:
How much niacinamide were you taking? I never felt like Niacinamide was helping my liver...I am curious how you thought that?

100 mg 2-3 times a day. I started with 50 mg once a day and slowly increased.
I have read a lot of posts here who did not have good experience with Niacinamide.
I think It was either due to bad excipients in supplements or they did not eat enough to
compensate for decreased fatty acid burning. I used GNC product.

jaguar43

Mittir said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95946/ Aspirin, FFA Inhibitor and Half- Life

having old symptoms.

I am pretty sure that reducing FFA using Niacinamide or aspirin isn't the same as reducing Poly unsaturated fats. FFA's are part of a biological process that can be cause by many different substances. Even growth hormone can increase free fatty acids. PUFAs' are from dietary sources and accumulated over time and have a different function then FFA though they do share similar characteristics. Here is a quote that describes aspirins function.

The shift away from fat oxidation under the influence of aspirin doesn't lead to an accumulation of free fatty acids in the circulation, since aspirin inhibits the release of fatty acids from both phospholipids and triglycerides. Estrogen has the opposite effects, increasing fat oxidation while increasing the level of circulating free fatty acids, since it activates lipolysis, as do several other stress-related hormones.

http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/aspir ... ncer.shtml

So again, inhibiting free fatty acids doesn't mean that you cannot eliminate pufa from the body. I would assume that free fatty acids ( fat oxidation) can actually make it harder to remove pufa due to its ability to inhibit glucose metabolism. Here is a study on it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12784183

Effects of free fatty acids (FFA) on glucose metabolism: significance for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

Most obese individuals have elevated plasma levels of free fatty acids (FFA) which are known to cause peripheral (muscle) insulin resistance. They do this by inhibiting insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis. The mechanism involves intramyocellular accumulation of diacylglycerol and activation of protein kinase C. FFAs also cause hepatic insulin resistance. They do this by inhibiting insulin-mediated suppression of glycogenolysis. On the other hand, FFAs support between 30 and 50 % of basal insulin secretion and potentiate glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. The insulin stimulatory action of FFAs is responsible for the fact that the vast majority ( approximately 80 %) of obese insulin resistant people do not develop type 2 diabetes. They are able to compensate for their FFA mediated insulin resistance with increased FFA mediated insulin secretion. Individuals who are unable to do this (probably for genetic reasons) eventually develop type 2 diabetes. FFAs have recently been shown to activate the IkappaB/NFkappaB pathway which is involved in many inflammatory processes. Thus, elevated plasma levels of FFAs are not only a major cause of insulin resistance in skeletal muscle and liver but may, in addition, play a role in the pathogenesis of coronary artery disease.

If free fatty acids inhibit glucose metabolism, and the liver need glucose to detoxify via thyroid hormone. Then it's safe to say that free fatty acids can inhibit the elimination of pufa by way of the liver.

ilovethesea

Adnada said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95865/ Hi folks! Can someone please tell me the best way to consume pure aspirin powder? Is there a benefit to mixing it into a drink vs. putting it into a gelatin capsule? If mixing it into a liquid, should it be heated for better dissolution? Thanks!

I don't know if this is right, but I use a smidgen measuring spoon and measure out about 4-6 spoonfuls in a glass. Pour Perrier or Coke over it, swish around to mix and drink.

You don't need to bother heating the pure powder. If you have sensitivities try building up a tolerance by taking a small amount each night, along with an antihistamine like cypro. I tolerate it fine now.

I quite like the taste of the powder, so I wouldn't waste a gelatin capsule... I save those for nasty bitter things like niacinamide or cascara.

Tommix

Hi folks! Can someone please tell me the best way to consume pure aspirin powder? Is there a benefit to mixing it into a drink vs. putting it into a gelatin capsule? If mixing it into a liquid, should it be heated for better dissolution? Thanks!

Take it with spoon and put it in your mouth, than drink water and swallow, this is how people eat, drink.
You people making so much fuzz for nothing. Really. There is no "right" way how to drink "aspirin".

Peata

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals