How To Clump Together Rice Like Rice Patties

Like this decades ago when mcdonalds has rice burger what did they use so the rice stick together like rice patties but i will be using safe ingredients not gums and no wheat no gluten?

Planning to partner this with stilton cheese and edam

2_taiwan-singapore-mcrice-burger_1.jpg

5-mcrice.jpg

Luann

Well, to start with, short grain rice. Not American rice. Beyond that you may have to dehydrate it or something.

Travis

I used to make sushi.

You need the special sushi rice. It is bred to be really sticky.

You need the right amount of water as well. Follow instructions. Too much water will not be good.

It would be easy with a mold and sushi rice. You could use coconut oil in a cupcake pan or something and then bake it.

Or use a lot of oil and then apply a flame directly to the pan. You could fry it inside the mold; like a rice hash brown or something.

You can do it! Just start with the Asiatic sushi rice. It should make it easier because it is sticky. It is sometimes called "sticky rice".

Travis

A little egg white protein would help with cohesion if you don't object to that.

OP
HealthisWealth
@Liubo @Travis

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to do with egg.

And looking at the picture the rice looks crunchy/toasted...almost biscuity

Gl;itch.e

In a similar vein anyone know how to make rice bubbles/puffed rice?

nikolabeacon

In a similar vein anyone know how to make rice bubbles/puffed rice?
You can find it On the net. Heston Blumenthal does it very good. And for this patties( time consuming for home prep for me). It similar you just dry in the oven pre-cooked rice this time formed in patties. And fry it in coconut oil.

Last edited:

Logan-