How To Clear Elevated RT3 When T3 Is High

jase_11six

How can one clear elevated RT3 when T3 is high.. i cant supplement with T3 due to high T3

OP
jase_11six

jase_11six

hey @haidut i will start to post here, im loosing hair due to hypothyrodism . my trichologist (hair and scalp expert) noticed im deficient in iodine and low in zinc and copper. i also have high reverse t3 which makes me slightly hypothyroid. What can i do to stop hair loss and regrow my hair? i bought an lllt cap and used for 4 months but no luck

appreciate your help !

Peatful

How can one clear elevated RT3 when T3 is high.. i cant supplement with T3 due to high T3

Primarily by decreasing stress.
Stress in many forms...

Implying that even thyroid can stress a weakened system.

What are your waking temperature and after breakfast temp?

You don’t state your diet and that is truly the key.

Eat more. This is huge.
Do this by eating more frequently.
Nutrient dense easily digestible foods. Foods, not liquid meals IMO.
No PUFA obviously.

Keep blood sugar stable.
Uneven BS is a huge stress.
Macros 40/30/30 or 50/25/25.

Get plenty of sun.

Supplement as little as possible or just temporarily until you are metabolically sound.

Lastly, hair takes a long time to catch up. I say this as to not have you basing your health on your hair day to day.

That’s a good starting place.

Elize

Reverse T3 Treatment Guide + How to "Flush" it out of ... - Dr. Westin Childs
RestartMed › reverse-t3

Very good info.

Elize

Elize

Greetings. Hope you find some help from the information . Dr Child's has loads of information re thyroid health. I do not tolerate any of the natural thyroid meds like Arnor WP or Nature Throid due to the pork in them.

Best wishes

Elize

fradon

if carbs increase thryoid then wouldn't eating less carbs lower thyroid.

Elize

I am 5'2" weight is 98 pounds. I eat a lot of carbs. When eating less carbs I become constipated, cold and don't tolerate thyroid meds well then. I also experience a lot of adrenaline and combine my carbs with olive oil and coconut oil or home made ghee. Having less carbs could mean less absorption of thyroid meds as carbs provide fuel to the body . I may be wrong.

OP
jase_11six

jase_11six

Greetings. Hope you find some help from the information . Dr Child's has loads of information re thyroid health. I do not tolerate any of the natural thyroid meds like Arnor WP or Nature Throid due to the pork in them.

Best wishes

Elize
hi Eliza,

ive read that increasing minerals such as selenium, iodine, iron and zinc can help lower rt3.
my selenium levels are mid range, iron is okay, zinc is low, copper is low and deficient in iodine. im trying to improve in these areas

i was told not to take t3 as my t3 is close to being on the higher end of the range. however my doctor did say she wouldnt mind me taking 5mcg each day to lower the rt3...

recently i bought guggul a indian herb that is said to lower elevated reverse t3 but i have noticed i keep getting headaches and nausea from it.

im unsure if i should jump back on to the low dose t3 to clear my high rt3
its hard to find the root cause cause i feel like my adrenals and liver are good. i dont think i have any inflammation going on too

what do u advise :)

Elize

I did the T3 protocol and now am severally hyper. Lost loads of weight when I didn't want to. Have severe adrenaline issues and take only my thyroid meds. Selenium and supplemens and other prescription meds I am very cautious with. Am going to try Tulsi tea. If I was you I would try iodine for a short while. There's a good iodine forum. Also try Stop The Thyroid Madness forum.

Best wishes

OP
jase_11six

jase_11six

I did the T3 protocol and now am severally hyper. Lost loads of weight when I didn't want to. Have severe adrenaline issues and take only my thyroid meds. Selenium and supplemens and other prescription meds I am very cautious with. Am going to try Tulsi tea. If I was you I would try iodine for a short while. There's a good iodine forum. Also try Stop The Thyroid Madness forum.

Best wishes
I'm in both those Facebook groups.
For iodine is the 150mcg dosage the right one... Lots on Lugols are doing more than 12.5 mg

Elize

Another thought. Drop all supplements and do just your thyroid meds and eat well.

Peatful

FitnessMike

I can attest that once you drop t4 and stay on t3, your rt3 will drop, but the problem isn't solved.

I started supplementing selenium and zinc daily and will retest rt3 along the rest of the tests in few days, if my rt3 drops from the last test, that would mean that I was deficient on one or both of these minerals.