How To Cleanse & Heal Appendicitis Naturally? I Feel Like I'm On Brink Of Death

Strongbad

[moderator edit: posts moved from https://raypeatforum.com/forums/thr...etogenesis-non-peat.8800/page-19#post-117817]

Gl;itch.e said:
post 118814
halken said:
post 118759
Strongbad said:
post 118712
It's no surprise that milk has a more damaging effect to men in regards to testosterone and the body reacts in a very physically obvious way.
What physically obvious way would that be? I myself am not seeing it.

A user pm'ed me that I might be suffering from appendicitis or an appendicolith. It's the annoying chronic lower right abdominal pain that has been showing up since I started Peating. appendicolith is calcified intestinal track, meaning that I'm very undermethylating and that I need to lay low on calcium intake. Apparently my magnesium, zinc and manganese have been depleted due to prolonged consumption of lots of OJ and milk.

We get most of our calcium from green vegetables, anyway. That should be more than enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Strongbad said:
Gl;itch.e said:
post 118814
halken said:
post 118759
Strongbad said:
post 118712
It's no surprise that milk has a more damaging effect to men in regards to testosterone and the body reacts in a very physically obvious way.

A user pm'ed me that I might be suffering from appendicitis or an appendicolith. It's the annoying chronic lower right abdominal pain that has been showing up since I started Peating. appendicolith is calcified intestinal track, meaning that I'm very undermethylating and that I need to lay low on calcium intake. Apparently my magnesium, zinc and manganese have been depleted due to prolonged consumption of lots of OJ and milk.

We get most of our calcium from green vegetables, anyway. That should be more than enough

I know the exact right abdominal pain you have. I got it about 8 months into hight fruit/sugar/milk.

I eat alot less fruit and sugar now, which helps but i still feel it sometimes. I also notice lower fat helps some but is hard to stick with sometimes.

What has helped you?

tara

Strongbad said:
post 118859 Apparently my magnesium, zinc and manganese have been depleted due to prolonged consumption of lots of OJ and milk
Peat does recommend getting enough of these other minerals too, as far as I can tell.

CoolTweetPete

tara said:
post 118896
Strongbad said:
post 118859 Apparently my magnesium, zinc and manganese have been depleted due to prolonged consumption of lots of OJ and milk
Peat does recommend getting enough of these other minerals too, as far as I can tell.

He does, but I have had trouble locating the magnesium in his recommendations.

He seemingly condemned vegetables as a food source in one of his articles, and Roddy has mentioned not eating them at all; However, I have seen you mention a green soup, I believe. Do you recall Peat mentioning particular vegetables one may use in preparing a magnesium-rich soup?

Peat has specifically mentioned coffee as a source, but I have not seen any compelling evidence that coffee has significant amounts of Mg.

[moderator edit: see Magnesium In Coffee ]

Giraffe

CoolTweetPete said:
post 118902 Do you recall Peat mentioning particular vegetables one may use in preparing a magnesium-rich soup?
He specifically mentioned kale.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

extremecheddar said:
post 118873
Strongbad said:
Gl;itch.e said:
post 118814
halken said:
post 118759
Strongbad said:
post 118712

I know the exact right abdominal pain you have. I got it about 8 months into hight fruit/sugar/milk.

I eat alot less fruit and sugar now, which helps but i still feel it sometimes. I also notice lower fat helps some but is hard to stick with sometimes.

What has helped you?

It's still there but a bit less intense and prolonged. I basically stopped drinking milk, yogurt and other dairy products due to high calcium content. I also eat a lot less sugary food including fruits to minimize mineral depletion. I eat a lot more cooked or boiled green vegetables like spinach, kales because they're rich in magnesium. Instead of sugar, I eat white rice instead. Much easier to digest than potatoes and sugar, IME. I also eat more meat than usual per kineticz suggestion and limit coffee intake to twice a day. Sometimes I even substitute coffee with tea since tea is high in theanine. I know Peatarians think that tea is anti-thyroid but from I saw in SE Asia so far, lots of people consume it and it doesn't seem to be problematic thyroid-wise.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

halken said:
post 118894
Gl;itch.e said:
post 118814
halken said:
post 118759
Strongbad said:
post 118712

Receding hair, getting ***s, putting on weight etc etc etc.

I got those, too and also accelerated aging.

It seems that I've aged at least 5-10 times faster after I start Peating. More wrinkles, more rugged, worn-out textures and skin marks including loss of elasticity and smoothness. I used to be a baby face dude before Peating in my very low carb diet days. Now no more. I look like a very old man now.

I don't know if it's high cortisol, insulin resistance, high estrogen or what. But something about the Peating regimen really messes my body up so bad from inside out, accelerating degenerative process.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

CoolTweetPete said:
post 118902
tara said:
post 118896
Strongbad said:

He seemingly condemned vegetables as a food source in one of his articles, and Roddy has mentioned not eating them at all; However, I have seen you mention a green soup, I believe. Do you recall Peat mentioning particular vegetables one may use in preparing a magnesium-rich soup?

Peat has specifically mentioned coffee as a source, but I have not seen any compelling evidence that coffee has significant amounts of Mg.

Unfortunately, magnesium is under-emphasized in Ray Peat community. Quickly stroll around in this forum and you'll find these food being mentioned around out a lot: orange juice, sugar, milk, gelatin, thyroid supplement / NDT, ice cream. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I rarely read any Peatarians recommending green vegetables, except by guys like Westside PUFA.

When I found Danny Roddy, he's not a fan of vegetables except tube plants like potatoes and carrots.

When I found Ray Peat (through Danny Roddy), most Peatarians shy away from green vegetables because of their estrogenic nature and the fact that they're grown with pesticides etc. They only recommend underground plants like potatoes and carrots too.

I found that weird at first. Even in my very-low-carb diet days I always included some green vegetables, not much. but I was naive, desperate and would (STILL) do anything to stop and reverse my hairloss, so I stopped consuming vegetables except carrot salads mixed with vinegar and coconut oil.

No vegetables + lots of sugar/fruits/oj + lots of milk + lots of coffee = DISASTER

Strongbad said:
A user pm'ed me that I might be suffering from appendicitis or an appendicolith. It's the annoying chronic lower right abdominal pain that has been showing up since I started Peating. appendicolith is calcified intestinal track, meaning that I'm [highlight=yellow]very undermethylating[/highlight] and that I need to lay low on calcium intake. Apparently my magnesium, zinc and manganese have been depleted due to prolonged consumption of lots of OJ and milk.

Based on your description, you could be suffering from a gut infection or some sort of intestinal dysbiosis. A gut infection will DIRECTLY CAUSE "very undermethylating", eating a high sugar diet in the presence of such dysbiosis is akin to throwing gasoline on a fire, it's UGLY.

This was my experience and taking herbal anti-biotics/anti-fungals has cured the situation. I agree with a lot of what the OP posted here, however one does NOT need to ingest PUFA oils to fix the situation....there are other pathways.

Microbial overgrowth in the gut is a HUGE burden for the liver. Improving digestion with betaine (boosting stomach acid) AND supplementing with extra B vits and magnesium will go a long way.

In my non-expert opinion. pretty much EVERYBODY needs to supplement magnesium in this day and age.

beachbum

Strongbad said:
post 118971
CoolTweetPete said:
post 118902
tara said:
post 118896
Strongbad said:

Unfortunately, magnesium is under-emphasized in Ray Peat community. Quickly stroll around in this forum and you'll find these food being mentioned around out a lot: orange juice, sugar, milk, gelatin, thyroid supplement / NDT, ice cream. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I rarely read any Peatarians recommending green vegetables, except by guys like Westside PUFA.

When I found Danny Roddy, he's not a fan of vegetables except tube plants like potatoes and carrots.

When I found Ray Peat (through Danny Roddy), most Peatarians shy away from green vegetables because of their estrogenic nature and the fact that they're grown with pesticides etc. They only recommend underground plants like potatoes and carrots too.

I found that weird at first. Even in my very-low-carb diet days I always included some green vegetables, not much. but I was naive, desperate and would (STILL) do anything to stop and reverse my hairloss, so I stopped consuming vegetables except carrot salads mixed with vinegar and coconut oil.

No vegetables + lots of sugar/fruits/oj + lots of milk + lots of coffee = Disaster

Hi Strongbad,

I was reading a comment in a post about RP foods and agree with you. I feel it raises my estrogen too. I'm guessing your male from what your symptoms. I'm female and noticed using RP foods I feel worse, gained weight, craved oatmeal cookies (mine that I make), and other foods, my skin looks a little rough, and some other things. I think the only thing for me was adding progesterone cream. I decided to have normal healthy foods low in PUFA. I also feel I need to increase progesterone even more and use armotose inhibitor just some thoughts. I got side tracked, I would like to know what you do eat and has it improved your symptoms. If you rather email/PM me go right ahead.

Thank you
Beachbum

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Thank you guys for all your responses.

I have nothing much to add except that as soon as I get back to the states I'll try the hemp oil + sunflower oil + ionized Mag + P5P combo as soon as possible. At this point, I have nothing to lose.

The only stuff I've done so far is putting a full stop to any calcium-rich food. So no more milk, yogurt, cheese, icecream and other dairy food. I also reduce my sugar/fruit consumption in a big way. I consume mostly white rice now since it's so much easier to digest than potatoes and sugar/fruit. Also up my vegetables consumption. It's a lot easier when everyone around me gulp vegetables up like mofos :D

I've also been chugging vitamin B1,B2,B3 (aka Niacinamide),B6, Biotin and Magnesium glycenite everyday for about a month after posting this thread: viewtopic.php?t=8790. Doesn't seem to make a dent in fixing my calcification issue and my hair is still shedding like crazy. So basically my body doesn't seem to absorb any of the supplements.

Strongbad said:
....So basically my body doesn't seem to absorb any of the supplements.

This is another direct symptom of intestinal infection and/or low stomach acid (very common in hypothyroid people), which leads to chronic dysbiosis....have you ever taken pharmaceutical anti-biotics Strongbad?

michael94

thebigpeatowski said:
post 119270
Strongbad said:

This is another direct symptom of intestinal infection and/or low stomach acid (very common in hypothyroid people), which leads to chronic dysbiosis....have you ever taken pharmaceutical anti-biotics Strongbad?

Very interesting insight peatowski. Can you expand on what you'd recommend for this sort of situation?

Strongbad said:
post 119258 Thank you guys for all your responses.

I have nothing much to add except that as soon as I get back to the states I'll try the hemp oil + sunflower oil + ionized Mag + P5P combo as soon as possible. At this point, I have nothing to lose.

The only stuff I've done so far is putting a full stop to any calcium-rich food. So no more milk, yogurt, cheese, icecream and other dairy food. I also reduce my sugar/fruit consumption in a big way. I consume mostly white rice now since it's so much easier to digest than potatoes and sugar/fruit. Also up my vegetables consumption. It's a lot easier when everyone around me gulp vegetables up like mofos :D

Does dietary calcium intake slow down getting calcium out of the cells if you have adequate magnesium and oxidative stress under control? I'm still not sure how this works but I always thought calcification was from low magnesium/calcium in the diet. Btw, I do the ionic magnesium + p5p every night before bed. It has been helping definitely. The hemp oil/sunflower oil I've stayed away from, still unsure whether it's helpful. Keep us updated on how you progress.

Well that depends entirely on a person's situation....overt digestive issues would call for more intense therapy.

Constipation? Diarrhea? Bloating? Reflux? Undigested food in stools? Insomnia? Acne? Tinnitus? Hormone issues? Brain fog? Joint pain? All of these (and more) can be caused by gut bacteria trans-locating throughout the body via intestinal permeability.

Maybe there are no overt digestive symptoms, but feeling like everything tried does nothing due to a lack of absorption seems like it calls for at least taking some apple cider vinegar to ensure a more acidic environment in the stomach.

Low stomach acid is very common in hypothyroid people and often there are no symptoms at all. I'd start with ACV and move up from there. Betaine HCL in incremental doses, you'll know fairly quickly if the dose is right and absorption improves.

Chewing your food thoroughly and taking digestive enzymes can help...but if there is long standing dybiosis then more intense therapy is called for. Raw garlic is a personal favorite as it's broad spectrum and breaks up bio-films, a week long protocol is great for sterilizing the small intestines.

Sometimes anti-fungals are necessary if you know for a fact that yeast is an issue. Yeast overgrowth can occur anywhere along the digestive tract, from mouth to anus, but it loves to hang out in the cecum right by the appendix, specifically.

Mastic gum if you suspect H. pylori can help.

Hyperthermia using a red light/heat lamp sauna can do wonders for detoxing and killing microbes, it's like giving yourself a slight fever for 20 minutes a day.

There are other very effective anti-microbials, but this is a good place to start to see if you find improvements. Your liver and mitochondria will thank you.

It's been my experience that low-carb ketogenic diets work well (for a while) specifically because they lower the food substrate feeding gut microbes/endotoxin overload. Long term it absolutely suppresses T3 production, semi-starvation is not the answer because the microbes will win every time.

michael94

Peatowski, I have some tetracycline ( doxycycline from ADC ) on the way and will be starting that at 50mg a day split. I know Danny Roddy mentioned having good results from it and I've seen very little showing these antibiotics should be avoided. The dose is the thing that confuses me with regards to anti-imflammatory abilities but not antibiotic and whether other supplements need be taken alongside. Ray mentions vitamin k but I dont wonder if there are other things, maybe fermented dairy would do less harm than good.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

thebigpeatowski said:
post 119299 Well that depends entirely on a person's situation....overt digestive issues would call for more intense therapy.

Constipation? Diarrhea? Bloating? Reflux? Undigested food in stools? Insomnia? Acne? Tinnitus? Hormone issues? Brain fog? Joint pain? All of these (and more) can be caused by gut bacteria trans-locating throughout the body via intestinal permeability.

Maybe there are no overt digestive symptoms, but feeling like everything tried does nothing due to a lack of absorption seems like it calls for at least taking some apple cider vinegar to ensure a more acidic environment in the stomach.

Low stomach acid is very common in hypothyroid people and often there are no symptoms at all. I'd start with ACV and move up from there. Betaine HCL in incremental doses, you'll know fairly quickly if the dose is right and absorption improves.

Chewing your food thoroughly and taking digestive enzymes can help...but if there is long standing dybiosis then more intense therapy is called for. Raw garlic is a personal favorite as it's broad spectrum and breaks up bio-films, a week long protocol is great for sterilizing the small intestines.

Sometimes anti-fungals are necessary if you know for a fact that yeast is an issue. Yeast overgrowth can occur anywhere along the digestive tract, from mouth to anus, but it loves to hang out in the cecum right by the appendix, specifically.

Hyperthermia using a red light/heat lamp sauna can do wonders for detoxing and killing microbes, it's like giving yourself a slight fever for 20 minutes a day.

There are other very effective anti-microbials, but this is a good place to start to see if you find improvements. Your liver and mitochondria will thank you.

It's been my experience that low-carb ketogenic diets work well (for a while) specifically because they lower the food substrate feeding gut microbes/endotoxin overload. Long term it absolutely suppresses T3 production, semi-starvation is not the answer because the microbes will win every time.

It won't hurt to add a little bit of ACV in the mix. It can give a little kick to the veg broth taste. Raw garlic will be disgusting, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm shopping around for Hemp Oil and it seems like this one has a perfect omega-6 - omega-3 ratio: 8000mg - 2000mg: http://www.amazon.com/Manitoba-Harvest-Organic-Fluid-Ounce/....

I don't know if they round up the number for marketing sake or if it's legit. If it is, there's no need for sunflower oil.

Nicholas

thebigpeatowski said:
post 119299 Well that depends entirely on a person's situation....overt digestive issues would call for more intense therapy.

i couldn't agree with you more. it makes more sense to consider acid/enzymes than to consider calcification, in my opinion. assessing whether you chew your food well enough is the first thing to try if one suspects low stomach acid/enzymes. bacteria balance is a massively important issue, in my experience, too. which, of course, is related to how well you're breaking down your food. balancing bacteria, mitigating endotoxin, has a lot to do with consistency and meeting the demands of the body, but it also has to do with the foods you choose to eat. for example, the only reason i eat a little bit of vegetables is because it balances my digestion for some reason. same thing with the specific starches i choose to eat and my avoidance of excess fruit. sometimes an assumed "liver glycogen" issue or "hypoglycemia" could simply be an inability to break down your food. being temporarily hypoglycemic and eating frequently is how you get out of hypoglycemia and how you replenish glycogen - but considerations of acid/enzymes and balancing your bacteria have to also be considered.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

thebigpeatowski said:
post 119270
Strongbad said:

No I haven't taken any pharmaceutical anti-biotics before. I don't know which one is good to begin with so I never bothered.

Is there a way to diagnose specific chronic dysbiosis / intestinal infection? There're just so many types of them.

The only symptoms I have are:
- random, prolonged cramp on my lower right abdomen
- bloating (lots of gas/farting).

I don't have diarrhea, constipation and other symptoms. Except maybe that some parts of my face have very minor rash that eventually become skin flakes. Kinda like rashes but really light. Maybe they're connected?

I've tried ACV. It couldn't eliminate the pain at all. But when I ate a bit of raw garlic, the cramp immediately subdued. I still feel the pain a bit but it's much subtler now. Raw garlic is so nasty and hot I gotta mix it with coconut oil to handle the heat.

Nicholas said:
post 119349
it makes more sense to consider acid/enzymes than to consider calcification, in my opinion. assessing whether you chew your food well enough is the first thing to try if one suspects low stomach acid/enzymes. bacteria balance is a massively important issue, in my experience, too. which, of course, is related to how well you're breaking down your food. balancing bacteria, mitigating endotoxin, has a lot to do with consistency and meeting the demands of the body, but it also has to do with the foods you choose to eat. for example, the only reason i eat a little bit of vegetables is because it balances my digestion for some reason. same thing with the specific starches i choose to eat and my avoidance of excess fruit. sometimes an assumed "liver glycogen" issue or "hypoglycemia" could simply be an inability to break down your food. being temporarily hypoglycemic and eating frequently is how you get out of hypoglycemia and how you replenish glycogen - but considerations of acid/enzymes and balancing your bacteria have to also be considered.

I do experience hypoglycemia symptoms after consuming alcohol but not regular food. I don't know if that means anything.

Most of the food I eat now are very soft like rice and vegetables so proper chewing is not a problem. The only exception is meat but I always chew meat well before it goes into the stomach.

B

Strongbad said:
No I haven't taken any pharmaceutical anti-biotics before. I don't know which one is good to begin with so I never bothered.

This is very good, so you can start with very mild things and work up slowly to over time to see how things affect you.

Strongbad said:
Is there a way to diagnose specific chronic dysbiosis / intestinal infection? There're just so many types of them.

Not really, most tests are very expensive and some are unreliable. In my opinion it's best to just experiment and pay very close attention to how things affect you, which you've already started doing with food.

Strongbad said:
The only symptoms I have are:
- random, prolonged cramp on my lower right abdomen
- bloating (lots of gas/farting).

The area you describe is very near your appendix, so I would be paying close attention. My appendix ruptured 5 years ago, I was a big bread eater back then, but the feeling you describe sounds VERY familiar :shock:

Strongbad said:
I don't have diarrhea, constipation and other symptoms. Except maybe that some parts of my face have very minor rash that eventually become skin flakes. Kinda like rashes but really light. Maybe they're connected?

In my experience skin issues are related to a few things: gut dysbiosis, whacked hormones and/or a lack of certain nutrients either due to poor absorption or a higher need for certain vitamins etc. that aren't being met.

Strongbad said:
I've tried ACV. It couldn't eliminate the pain at all. But when I ate a bit of raw garlic, the cramp immediately subdued. I still feel the pain a bit but it's much subtler now. Raw garlic is so nasty and hot I gotta mix it with coconut oil to handle the heat.

ACV is mostly for upper digestive issues/low stomach acid, but raw ACV has enzymes too. Raw garlic is better for small and large intestines. One way to try raw garlic is to put a clove or two through a garlic press into a glass with a couple ounces of water and let it sit for 15 minutes. This allows the enzymes develop, then shoot the whole thing (bits and all). It's known as Russian Penicillin, very effective and very cheap. You don't have to do it every day unless you're having major issues.

Strongbad said:
I do experience hypoglycemia symptoms after consuming alcohol but not regular food. I don't know if that means anything.

One cause of this is poor liver glycogen storage, there are other causes too.

Giraffe

thebigpeatowski said:
post 119371
Strongbad said:
This is very good, so you can start with very mild things and work up slowly to over time to see how things affect you.

Peat mentioned in the Learned Helplessness interview that raw eggs are antiseptic.

"They have seen that the raw egg yolk killed viruses that other related chemicals weren't able to destroy."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom