How to circumvent the stresses of wearing a hat for long periods

balding at a young age has caused me to wear hats for most of the time im in public, after wearing a baseball cap for longer that 10-20 minutes i start to get serotonergic feelings and general sense of stress. The pressure from the hat is not even alot its just the little pressure causes me stress.

catharsis

It could be that you are self-conscious of your hair and that could cause stress. There is also people who wear turbans and the tightness around the crown have contributed to their balding.

My hair is thinning a bit and I have a stock of beanies for when my area gets cold. You could either find a hat that you feel confident or attractive in or shave your head to reduce your awareness of your hair. I have found that wearing clothing (albeit non-toxic clothing) that makes you feel confident and attractive is very metabolic, pro hair growth, and pro-dopamine. Ray has recommended scalp massages as well for hair growth; the ideal situation is to reduce stress, increase blood flow, and increase local metabolism (either through topical agents, sun, or oral supplements)

JamesGatz

Yea so the way I see it:

Wearing a hat and/or anything that lowers serotonin in general will make stressors more noticeable/bothersome - serotonin isn't masking your stressors so things that don't bother you previously will bother you more

Given that you mention the pressure it probably is the tightness of the cap - when my serotonin is low, tighter clothes, hats, shoes tend to bother me - I don't think it's so much that it's too small rather that I believe the body thrives when things are a looser fit - I encountered the same issue and started wearing bandanas instead because hats are only made so big nowadays

I

i_nomad

stop reading jamesgatz posts as anything other than light entertainment
Seriously. Always just one long “I observed stuff and came to odd conclusions that I’m now pushing as theories or solutions” post.