How To Choose An Antibiotic?

If someone has decided that an antibiotic may be helpful to them and wants to try one -- how would they decide which one is best?

Ray has mentioned several that he thinks are ok, and many have been mentioned on this forum, such as:

Penicillin VK
Erythromycin
Tetracycline
Neomycin
Minocylcine
Doxycycline
Amoxicillin

I'm wondering what the difference is between these -- are some better in certain situations than others? Or are the mostly interchangeable? If one could choose, how would they?

TeaRex14

Hard to say really. Last time I took an antibiotic it really messed me up several years ago, granted I don't think it was a "peat approved" antibiotic (Ciprofloxacin), but I've never forgotten the horrible experience. Most people on the forum seem to favor penicillin, and while I agree it's probably the most well researched and safest to use, many people (like me) are allergic to it. Carrot salad and activated charcoal mixed with coconut/mct oil seem to be the safest antiseptic compounds. Doing the carrot salad daily, along with the AC/MCT mixture a few times a week, will likely be enough for most people. Well cooked mushrooms help stimulate normal bowel movements which help reduce the buildup of endotoxin as well. Alternatively you could probably try natural antibiotics like garlic extract and oregano oil.

OP
P
Thanks. Yes I understand that carrot, mushrooms, and sometimes charcoal are recommended by Peat as the safer "antibiotics"that can be used regularly. I have tried those and Oregano oil (and some other essential oils) as well.

I understand that pharmaceutical antibiotics are nothing to be cavalier about, but for people who have decided they are willing to take the risk for the potential benefits I am wondering how they would decide between the different kinds.

I'm dealing with a scalp condition, for instance, that I have not been able to heal with the milder things. I'm thinking I may benefit from an antibiotic, but not sure how to choose. Is there one in particular that would be best for my situation?

OP
P
I think minocycline is one of the safest

Yeah Ray has said its very safe. He also said he likes Penicillin the best. And the others I mentioned in original post he has mentioned as pretty good as well. I'm just wondering if one should just take any one of them because Ray said they're all pretty good.

I guess I would just go with Penicillin of minocycline, but wanted to know if there is any major difference in what they're used for. If they all do pretty much the same thing and if one doesn't work for you, maybe just try another.

Google for "antibiotics simplified 4 edition pdf". Nearly perfect guide for all possible classes and uses of ABs.

If someone has decided that an antibiotic may be helpful to them and wants to try one -- how would they decide which one is best?

Ray has mentioned several that he thinks are ok, and many have been mentioned on this forum, such as:

Penicillin VK
Erythromycin
Tetracycline
Neomycin
Minocylcine
Doxycycline
Amoxicillin

I'm wondering what the difference is between these -- are some better in certain situations than others? Or are the mostly interchangeable? If one could choose, how would they?

I sometime wonder if we're a hive mind here at the forum. I decided to experiment with Antibiotics last night and actually took an Amoxicillin in the morning to start my experiment.
Then I see this post, and Amoxicillin is one of the ones mentioned. Kind of a trip.
I'm in the same boat tho. I feel like I'm having some sort of endotoxin/infection issue and the usual carrot salad coconut oil fixes arent working.
From what I've read Penicillin is a good choice.
I think I'm going to order some Penicillin and one of the tetracycline soon to get some good experimenting going on.

M

member 6316

I sometime wonder if we're a hive mind here at the forum. I decided to experiment with Antibiotics last night.

Haha same, the couple of days I have thought about using antibiotics since nothing else has worked to heal my health . if you willing to share your source id like to know.

these have a higher likehood of damaging the liver (also dont forget to supplement with high dose of probiotics when you take antibiotics / antibacterials since they remove the good bacteria too):
  • Erythromycin.
  • Amoxicillin-clavulanate.
  • Tetracyclines (doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline).

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha same, the couple of days I have thought about using antibiotics since nothing else has worked to heal my health . if you willing to share your source id like to know.

these have a higher likehood of damaging the liver (also dont forget to supplement with high dose of probiotics when you take antibiotics / antibacterials since they remove the good bacteria too):
  • Erythromycin.
  • Amoxicillin-clavulanate.
  • Tetracyclines (doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline).
I get mine from alldaychemist

T

TheBeard

I sometime wonder if we're a hive mind here at the forum. I decided to experiment with Antibiotics last night and actually took an Amoxicillin in the morning to start my experiment.
Then I see this post, and Amoxicillin is one of the ones mentioned. Kind of a trip.
I'm in the same boat tho. I feel like I'm having some sort of endotoxin/infection issue and the usual carrot salad coconut oil fixes arent working.
From what I've read Penicillin is a good choice.
I think I'm going to order some Penicillin and one of the tetracycline soon to get some good experimenting going on.

How's your experiment going?

Which ones have you tried so far?

I am on the verge of trying antibiotics as well, as the usual carrot, garlic, coconut oil, ACV don't seem to do much for my condition.
I have extreme fatigue, I can't workout as the lactic acid build up is too high to do more than a few reps, and I have constant brain fog and lethargy probably due to the lactic acid.

I see nothing else as a cause than too high a count of gut bacteria, whether it's in the small intestine or colon, that ferments all the food I eat and give rise to such high lactic acid levels.

Beastmode

EMAIL WITH RAY:

ME:
We've only used penicillin thus far and seem to do ok with it.

Are there any other safe ones that you believe are best for keeping the gut healthy/sterile?
- Possibly in order of safety/strength.

RAY:
Erythromycin (antiinflammatory and laxative) and tetracycline (antiinflammatory).

Hairfedup

I used fluxocillin [sp?] and now have some liver damage although for 2 weeks I felt absolutely fantastic after suffering for a whole year from suspected small intestinal bacteria etc. So yeah maybe stay away from this one, I only took one pill a day for around 12 days. Anyone know what can be done to heal the liver damage/raised enzymes? My GP has set up another liver test as I didn't tell him about the fluxocillin, not sure what he will give me or if it will be beneficial.

2. anyone know of an online antibiotic retailer that ships to the UK?

Stilgar

I used fluxocillin [sp?] and now have some liver damage although for 2 weeks I felt absolutely fantastic after suffering for a whole year from suspected small intestinal bacteria etc. So yeah maybe stay away from this one, I only took one pill a day for around 12 days. Anyone know what can be done to heal the liver damage/raised enzymes? My GP has set up another liver test as I didn't tell him about the fluxocillin, not sure what he will give me or if it will be beneficial.

I’m in the UK and get mine from farmacia del nino and alldaychemist. You can get erythromycin from online pharmacies in the UK, just say you have rosacea and you can get 6 weeks supply

Hairfedup

I’m in the UK and get mine from farmacia del nino and alldaychemist. You can get erythromycin from online pharmacies in the UK, just say you have rosacea and you can get 6 weeks supply

thank you so much, honestly. some times this community really gives me hope even with the smallest suggestions/advice.

koreus

I got liver damage from the same antibiotic, ofc the doctor didn't make the connection, blamed it on a respiratory infection from over 6 months ago (COVID hysteria). If you look at the research you can see the NHS will soon be changing their policy on Fluxocillin due to liver toxicity. Would post a link but I'm on mobile. Easy enough to Google.

I fixed mine with high dose niacinamide (500mg per day). More than halved my liver enzymes in three days.

Hairfedup

I got liver damage from the same antibiotic, ofc the doctor didn't make the connection, blamed it on a respiratory infection from over 6 months ago (COVID hysteria). If you look at the research you can see the NHS will soon be changing their policy on Fluxocillin due to liver toxicity. Would post a link but I'm on mobile. Easy enough to Google.

I fixed mine with high dose niacinamide (500mg per day). More than halved my liver enzymes in three days.
wow, that's crazy. thanks so much for the suggestion, another weight off of my mind.

OliviaD

Sorry about that! I know this is old, and hope your liver recovered. * this is why you only want to stick with the RP list * - which is basically the old, stand by, original antibiotics. I'm in the U.S. and here all the docs want to use are the new fangled ones which have more side effects, and have not been studied as long. True, they can always cause side effects, and some liver damage, but it should be temporary and remember - RP also suggests using them at much smaller doses and shorter duration than normally medically prescribed. For instance... 100 mg/ day divided up into several doses for erythromycin, for a week. Standard medical dose is 500 mg 2x/day for 10 days.