How To Calm Down The Nervous System ?

Motif

Especially after stretching my nervous system goes nuts and I feel restless, fidgety and agitated, but I need to stretch cause everything is chronically tight on me.

But even without stretching it is bad often. What could I do?

Recoen

Especially after stretching my nervous system goes nuts and I feel restless, fidgety and agitated, but I need to stretch cause everything is chronically tight on me.

Are your muscles or connective tissue or both are chronically tight?

The tightness in the muscle can be consistent with pre rigor mortis. So getting the cell out of an excitotoxic state and increasing the amount of CO2 production ( and therefore oxygen consumption) would be where I would start.

OP
M

Motif

Are your muscles or connective tissue or both are chronically tight?

The tightness in the muscle can be consistent with pre rigor mortis. So getting the cell out of an excitotoxic state and increasing the amount of CO2 production ( and therefore oxygen consumption) would be where I would start.

Not sure what exactly, but it’s stressing me for 20 years now. Started when I was 15.

Advices how to did this?

Agree with @Recoen's suggestion to increase CO2. I find the usual Peaty methods of raising CO2 to be calming: bag breathing, baking soda, high dietary intake of calcium or salt, the occasional dose of B1. (If other methods fail, acetazolamide might also be worth researching.)

I tend to underestimate the effectiveness of bag breathing. Sometimes I think it didn't help, but then notice 10-20 minutes later that my adrenergic symptoms are milder.

Last edited:

Lejeboca

In addition to agreeing with @Recoen and @Creative Nature about the benefits of CO2 here qnd ways to increase it, I recall @haidut saying that stretching, especially belly stretching, may raise serotinin due to increase in LPS from the gut. So I'd take something anti-serotogenic right after streching.
In genral, I think a glass of OJ before and after could be helpful, especially with baking soda added to it.

OP
M

Motif

In addition to agreeing with @Recoen and @Creative Nature about the benefits of CO2 here qnd ways to increase it, I recall @haidut saying that stretching, especially belly stretching, may raise serotinin due to increase in LPS from the gut. So I'd take something anti-serotogenic right after streching.
In genral, I think a glass of OJ before and after could be helpful, especially with baking soda added to it.

How much baking soda ?

Thanks for all your answes, guys

youngsinatra

Lower calcium intake and increased magnesium intake.

youngsinatra

How much mag would you say?
Increase to bowel tolerance. If you get diarrhea or loose stools, back up a little on the dosage.
Spacing the doses across the day is helpful.
Really depends on the individual and the stress they under (physical or mental).
Up to 10mg/kg of BW I‘d say.

OP
M

Motif

Increase to bowel tolerance. If you get diarrhea or loose stools, back up a little on the dosage.
Spacing the doses across the day is helpful.
Really depends on the individual and the stress they under (physical or mental).
Up to 10mg/kg of BW I‘d say.
Thanks

OP
M

Motif

Since sweating a lot from working out this issue is on a whole another level for me unfortunately.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals