How the Nazis ruined musical tuning / 432 hz music / Goebbels

cjm

Time-stamped to 11:20 where he plays the same song while changing between the different scales. I was going to try to explain it but Adam Neely does a great job, worth a full watch.

From the OP: "To say that the decision to tune the "Concert A" to 440 vibrations per second (Hertz) was a Nazi conspiracy, might seem to be an exaggeration; yet it was Dr. Josef Goebbels's Radio Berlin that organized the conference at which this decision was made. "

Listen to the video and make your own observation but 440hz sounds better.

(12-tone equal temperament, aka the notes in the scale are all equally spaced apart, sounds similar in 432 and 440, but only after hearing the 440 it is apparent that 432 sounds a little de-tuned, not necessarily jarring. Hip hop has made gainful use of de-tuned scales but I don't think anyone wants to hear the chakra-based temperament -- prove me wrong, tho)

View: https://youtu.be/ghUs-84NAAU?t=680

Last edited:

cjm

Music Tuned to 440 Hz Versus 432 Hz and the Health Effects: A Double-blind Cross-over Pilot Study​

From the study: "The data suggests that 432 Hz tuned music can decrease heart rate more than 440 Hz tuned music. The study results suggest repeating the experiment with a larger sample pool and introducing randomized controlled trials covering more clinical parameters."

What do you want from your music, honestly? Music can put me to sleep, or stir up any number of emotions, and it's only context that determines how "good" that is.

Makrosky

@cjm I am not sure I get your point, sorry. There is a huge subconscious and physical component to music that doesn't involve the "how good or bad it sounds to my ear" thing. As you can derive from the study I posted. So yes, it matters a lot, independently of what emotions the music arouses in you.

How can it sound good or bad when the frequency intervals are still the same, it's just been transposed down a few hertz. I have never understood the fascination with this at all. Sometimes when i have used old polyphonic analog synths the global tuning has shifted a bit for each oscillator so there is some frequency beating which can be interesting, but it also affects the keytracking of the intervals right the way up the scale from the slew of the components which is far more interesting than simply shifting every interval a few hertz, but the harmonic relationship when playing chords etc is the same as it would be 440

The Nazi's didn't "ruin"anything

seely

Trying to find a resonance chladni plate with 432 vs 440 but im not seeing it online.

A wonderful book about numbers/resonances/frequencies and the science and spirituality, “numbers in scripture” by Bullinger. It’s free online.

Sphagnum

Trying to find a resonance chladni plate with 432 vs 440 but im not seeing it online.

A wonderful book about numbers/resonances/frequencies and the science and spirituality, “numbers in scripture” by Bullinger. It’s free online.

I’m not sure if this is what you were looking for, but it came up while looking for what I assume you meant:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-JMWNpd1VI

Brandin

How can it sound good or bad when the frequency intervals are still the same, it's just been transposed down a few hertz. I have never understood the fascination with this at all. Sometimes when i have used old polyphonic analog synths the global tuning has shifted a bit for each oscillator so there is some frequency beating which can be interesting, but it also affects the keytracking of the intervals right the way up the scale from the slew of the components which is far more interesting than simply shifting every interval a few hertz, but the harmonic relationship when playing chords etc is the same as it would be 440

The Nazi's didn't "ruin"anything

The Nazis manipulative behavior on the public reminds me of how big pharma is behaving today. I dont like it...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom