How superior is raw milk compared to commercial?

FitnessMike

Yonebayashian

Screenshot_20220627-085421_Instagram.jpg

Raw milk doesn't just have more nutrients, it also contains elements completely lost in the heating process. It's pretty ridiculous how massive the difference is.

FPBP. I have heard pasteurized milk actually has a net negative effect while real milk is one of the most nutritious foods available. Start drinking and you will know.

DeadCatBounce

Pasteurized , homogenized milk in the store I think is bad for most people. The difference in my view is huge. Store bought milk makes me inflamed and ugly , raw farm milk makes me look good and feel good. Same for the people around me.

miquelangeles

I recently drank 2 liters of raw milk in the span of a few hours. Had zero bloat, felt euphoric for the following 24 hours, was full of energy and my feet were burning hot.
Completely different than pasteurized and homogenized milk.

P

pineywoodrooter

I recently drank 2 liters of raw milk in the span of a few hours. Had zero bloat, felt euphoric for the following 24 hours, was full of energy and my feet were burning hot.
Completely different than pasteurized and homogenized milk.

Same experience. Raw milk makes me feel great and I have zero digestion issues with it. I have issues with any type of pasteurized milk. If milk isn't raw I won't drink it.

Samya

I'm curious whether these stats are measuring the degradation via modern pasteurisation methods. I recall some information on degradation was using the older method which was higher temperature for longer.

I like raw milk but can only get raw Jersey milk locally and prefer Holstein, I'll try skimming some of the cream from the Jersey milk to see how it compares next time.

I like raw milk but can only get raw Jersey milk locally and prefer Holstein, I'll try skimming some of the cream from the Jersey milk to see how it compares next time.
I guess you can skim off cream and make butter from that if you want. Put the cream in a mason jar and shake it until it forms a solid mass. Haha but I love Jersey milk the best.

Vivin3BC

Raw milk = Testosterone boosting
Supermarket milk = submissive behavior, low t
I feel very socially anxious with supermarket milk

Gânico

With raw milk you will have all nutrition and biological factors intact, but supermarket milk is still a relatively good food if you can't get it raw, especially for it's calcium content.

Samya

I guess you can skim off cream and make butter from that if you want. Put the cream in a mason jar and shake it until it forms a solid mass. Haha but I love Jersey milk the best.
Jersey milk tastes great, the cows are really beautiful too. At the farm I go to depending on the content of the vending machine the milk can have varying amounts of cream, Jersey is usually already at least 5% fat, if it starts going above that I feel like it's a bit too much as I like to drink plenty of milk. If I was to skim off the visible cream layer, I wonder how much stays emulsified. I've heard Holstein milk separates less readily and goat milk stays mostly emulsified.

Last edited:

Mossy

I think the burden of raw milk on my food budget would counter any positives, health-wise. I say that half joking because raw milk is 5 times the price per gallon of that of supermarket milk, for me: $3 vs $15.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I think the burden of raw milk on my food budget would counter any positives, health-wise. I say that half joking because raw milk is 5 times the price per gallon of that of supermarket milk, for me: $3 vs $15.
yea i just checked its like 4x more expensive to get raw delivered, i will stick to organic pasteurized unhomogenized from Waitrose

Samya

yea i just checked its like 4x more expensive to get raw delivered, i will stick to organic pasteurized unhomogenized from Waitrose

Yeah unless you can find a local farm the cost of raw milk in the UK is too high, mostly because of delivery. The farm I go to is £2.50 for 2 ltr.

I saw the other day Sainsburys also sell unhomogenised organic milk, a Yeo Valley (semi) and also Grahams (semi or whole).

Sefton10

A family friend has a large dairy farm here in the UK. Holstein cows producing your bog standard milk that goes to a wholesaler and on into supermarket milks. You couldn’t pay me to drink that stuff, the place is literally like a vision into hell.

Dr. B

With raw milk you will have all nutrition and biological factors intact, but supermarket milk is still a relatively good food if you can't get it raw, especially for it's calcium content.
the grass fed percentage and organic nature might be more important than raw vs pasteurized? like soy/corn fed raw milk wont be as nutritious as 100% grass fed pasteurized milk?