How pure are the Thyroids used in Thyroid-S and Thiroyd ?

Bodhi

Hello Peatarians,

The other week i spoke to a friend naturopathic doctor, when i was putting forward the idea of ordering NDT from Thailand...

She warned me and told me she had seen a few cases where people had severe reactions to those pills...
She told me it was not about the fillers but about the fact that we do not know how clean and pure the thyroids are they use for these pills?

I'm a bit concerned to order these pills , what is your opnion about this?

Thanks for your views...

Bodhi

Dean

Bodhi said:
Because Glandulars are not the same as NDT?

Hmm, I thought they were different terms for the same thing as well. What's the difference?

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

Dean,

NDT = Natural Dessicated Thyroid ...wich contain all the natural hormones...

Glandulars can be made of fresh freeze dried thyroids but they contain no hormones, the idea is that they contain the basic building materials human cells can use to revive the tissue wich is adressed...

answersfound

Bodhi said:
Dean,

NDT = Natural Dessicated Thyroid ...wich contain all the natural hormones...

Glandulars can be made of fresh freeze dried thyroids but they contain no hormones, the idea is that they contain the basic building materials human cells can use to revive the tissue wich is adressed...

This is 100% false. The glandulars Iisted certainly contain hormones.

I understand you are new, but please don't make absolute statements like this when you don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks! :D

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

Lookingforanswers,

Yes i'm new but not so much in researching ...

First : I did not made any absolute statement.

Second : To my knowledge NDT is on prescription and Glandulars are not because its not legal to sell a supplement wich contain Thyroid hormones OTC...

Third : All books websites fora i have read including loads of people i personally spoke about hormones
are all having different opinions or experiences with the use of Bio identical hormones, so my guess is that it's impossible to make absolute statements on websites like this one... even on this one u can find allot of contradictions..

http://www.arltma.com/Supplements/Glandulars.html

http://www.raysahelian.com/glandulars.html

BTW i'm not agianst Glandulars ...

answersfound

Bodhi said:
Lookingforanswers,

Yes i'm new but not so much in researching ...

First : I did not made any absolute statement.

Second : To my knowledge NDT is on prescription and Glandulars are not because its not legal to sell a supplement wich contain Thyroid hormones OTC...

Third : All books websites fora i have read including loads of people i personally spoke about hormones
are all having different opinions or experiences with the use of Bio identical hormones, so my guess is that it's impossible to make absolute statements on websites like this one... even on this one u can find allot of contradictions..

http://www.arltma.com/Supplements/Glandulars.html

http://www.raysahelian.com/glandulars.html

BTW i'm not agianst Glandulars ...

Yes glandulars with the hormones are illegal to sell, but there are many that slip through the cracks. Another example being ThyroGold

tara

Purity of the products I know nothing about.

I think Peat was keen on Armour NDT way back when they were sampling and testing every batch to make sure the dose in each tablet was standardised, and that they were including al the active components of the thyroid. But that he is not now aware of any NDT manufacturers that are this rigorous about how uniform their product is between batches, and that's one of the reasons he recommends the synthetics he uses. Also, I think he said Armour started breaking out some components to sell in separate formulations.

I don't know how big a problem it would be for most people, but maybe some people would be particularly sensitive to dose changes between batches, or maybe your naturopath friend knew of people who tried too high a dose, and got problems because of that? I'm just speculating, I don't really know. I've read of people who go onto 1 tablet immediately or within a few days of starting, then increase to 2 tablets within a week or so, and I can imagine this could cause reactions if they didn't need anywhere near that much.

Some people here have had good experience with various NDTs, including the ones you list.
Some people do better with the synthetics, with which T3:T4 ratios and timing can be adjusted to suit the individual.

If I were to try one of these NDTs, I'd be starting with 1/8 or 1/4 tablet, and not increasing till I saw results over at least 2-3 wks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals