• Every other day and not happy with your health

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Once every 3 days or longer and happy with your health

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Once every 3 days or longer and not happy with your health

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Ulysses

I noticed that since I started eating Medjool Dates, that has increased the frequency of going #2. I think some people experience digestive issues with these and I might be one of them or my system is still adjusting to the Medjool.
Isn’t this a good thing?

Arnold Grape

Straight up: eating a lot of calcium and specifically cheese makes it difficult to go to the bathroom on the regs

Ulysses

Straight up: eating a lot of calcium and specifically cheese makes it difficult to go to the bathroom on the regs
But why do you feel that it’s a digestive “issue” for you to be going more often while eating dates?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

I get it daily when promoting dopamine. This is an achievement for me, I had a history of being blocked most of the work days - not in a painful way, just slow transit that indicates an underlying problem.

Please could you explain what you actually mean by promoting dopamine?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I think 6 cups of Lactaid 1 or 2 % milk and 4 cups of OJ made the biggest difference in peristalsis and frequency. I have taken magnesium every day in several different forms for almost 40 years but never achieved any semblance
of regularity. I used miralax for a couple of years. It may be the vitamins and minerals in milk and OJ or something else. I was using bowel health as the measure for success eating/drinking Ray Peat suggested foods and it worked!

RobertJM

I get three healthy bowel movements per day when I combine:

a) increasing my calories
b) take t3 (roughly 6mcg twice per day)
c) adding (the rogue ace up the sleeve)....... iodine.

Iodine seems to promote bowel movements anyway, but this combo achieves something that I've never achieved before. It works for me personally.

I do take selenium and vitamin c with the taken above. Neither of which affect anything with bowel movements (tried and tested).

Nothing has ever given me this kind of effect before.

I don't know whether I will keep taking iodine. Other than the bowel movements and better sleep, it doesn't seem to do much else and you always have Peat's voice in the back of your head ('it's toxic'.... 'it will ruin you eventually'). Ugh.

Xisca

My health gut is better since I get a BM every other day instead of every day. My belly is more flat and quiet! My worse was a fast several times a day when I was still on gluten! So when you are irritated you go faster because of the irritation. I feel I need less food and assimilate it better.

If you get more sat fat and less fiber, then you slow and get better. If you need fiber, then this should be considered a false fast transit?

lvysaur

Only aged cheese. Milk and fresh cheeses like ricotta give me no constipation problems. Same with fresh mozzarella.

I usually do once a day, but I do feel better when I do twice a day. Eliminate like a Turk?

Jennifer

Any other 2+ a day people willing to share their secrets? There seems to be many of you not wanting to talk about it. :eek:
A fruitarian diet of mainly sweet, ripe fruit and to a lesser extent, strengthening my adrenals. Too much avocado or coconut meat, and greens, even well cooked, slow me down a little. I eliminate after every meal and feel my best doing so. It keeps my head and skin clear, my migraines, depression and bloating away, my kidneys filtering, my gut quiet and more. It has not been the easiest diet to stick to given where I live, but I was in so much pain prior to it that it has been worth it to me to make it work.

I will tell you my secrets but I better get "frequent poop" guru status from amazoniac.

The truth isn't that exciting.

The first thing that helped and wasn't a laxative was Cypro but only after around a month of use. Before that it made it worse. I was using 12mg a day split into 3 doses. I think 3-4mg may be enough though.

The second was a month of intense herbal anti biotics, biofilm disruption and h. Pylori treatments. Combined with a regime to increase gut motility mostly using LDN. Followed by a month or so of probiotics and a few month slow taper off of the LDN. This also resolved years of GERD and bloating I had tried everything on.

Then the rest was from general metabolism increase I believe.

I think I pooped so much on cypro because I still had bacterial overgrowth adding lots of bulk and low stomach acid not digesting food sufficiently. But my stomach wasn't as inflamed allowing everything to move along.

When I was constipated I would use a small enema if I didn't poop once a day. Otherwise I would feel awful.

My main trigger was fiber. Now I can pretty much eat anything. It has been 2 years since I did this all and I haven't relapsed yet.

My goals regarding health weren't to eat perfect and live forever. They are to feel good & be resiliant so I can enjoy life and that includes enjoying food. All this has allowed that for me.

would something like benadryl be just as good?

Wagner83

This isn't the ideal thread but I couldn't find an other one. I've been wondering how much posture can affect BM. An example would be sleeping in a bad position, particularly on the belly. It could change posture during the day but also interfere with digestion during the night. The use of squats/ squatting rather than sitting to poop has been discussed, I decided to squat away from the toilets and quickly felt things moving followed by an easy bm.
The other day I was going to have an incomplete BM, after the first round I squatted ahead of the toilets and ended up getting rid of much more.

Tenacity

You can tell from the poll results that twice or thrice per day is correlated with better health. Anything below twice a day and people are more likely to report dissatisfaction with health.

Before I became very ill in August, I would go at least twice a day. Now I'm lucky if I go twice.

RisingSun

At least two movements a day, sometimes three.

I eat mostly paleo, lots of fruit first half of the day, meat and veggies the second half.

3 psyllium&bentonite shakes a week.

When I introduce milk I only poop once a day and it’s usually loose

paymanz

Fascinating. The only time I have ever reached over 3 times was after eating something irritating, like a night of heavy drinking hoppy beer, or eating a hot curry.

To those that reach 2-3+ a day, how do you do it?
I' m wondering if our body craves those irritating food to stimulate bowel movement?!

Douglas Ek

No one mentioned magnesium and calcium. High calcium constipates. And high magnesium does the opposite. My sister always had tons of cheese and dairy and was always constipated at that time. Magnesium smooths things.

olive

Two times a day. Three if I supplement with mag.

Diet is fruits/rice/potato in the AM and shellfish/fish/beef/coconut/cocoa in the PM

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals