How Often Do You Eat Seafood?

Fractality

Around once a week, I'm trying to eat it more often though. Usually shrimp/squid, but I'm going to start eating more tuna (the kind with the lowest mercury) since it is cheaper and quicker to prepare.

OP
L

Logan-

OP
L

Logan-

OP
L

Logan-

Heavy metals, microplastics, pufa, parasites are some of the problems with fish.

exile

I try to eat seafood once or twice a week.

This is what I shoot for. I eat shrimp, scallops, Dungeness crab although the price has gone way up. I’ve tried the crown price oysters but felt very nauseous both times after I had them.

eimearrose

This is what I shoot for. I eat shrimp, scallops, Dungeness crab although the price has gone way up. I’ve tried the crown price oysters but felt very nauseous both times after I had them.
Yeah those canned oysters made me feel ill too. I eat prawns and scallops, crab when I can get it.

exile

I ended up adding canned prince oysters back in. I just pat them down pretty well with a paper towel as they are super oily and I’ll just eat like two or three a day. I think a half can or whole can could have just been too much oil and/or too much zinc for me.

LadyRae

And what do you eat generally?
I eat a couple raw oysters every morning. I was eating Polar or Geisha, canned in water (I love them so much I have to hold myself back from eating the whole can). But lately I found raw (USA grown, in a jar) at Costco.

And a couple times a week I like lightly steamed shrimp and scallops and mini langostino tails (Trader Joes, USA) Occasionally I'll eat fish when it's served by others, but I don't seek it out anymore.

OP
L

Logan-

I eat a couple raw oysters every morning.
Do you ever worry about the risk of infection with microorganisms, parasites? Also microplastics and heavy metals? Do you eat sushi? I love them but I stay away from them due to fear of GI infections.

Limon9

I was eating cod and oysters for a while, but pretty much avoid seafood now due to the heavy pollution. Nothing comes close for trace minerals, unfortunately.

LadyRae

Do you ever worry about the risk of infection with microorganisms, parasites? Also microplastics and heavy metals? Do you eat sushi? I love them but I stay away from them due to fear of GI infections.

Not really. I ate sushi even during my four pregnancies. And these oysters are locally grown in Puget sound, on the west side of my own state, Washington. I rarely eat sushi now because they put so many weird sauces on everything. I do wrap a lot of my foods in nori sheets because I don't eat gluten and they're a great substitute for a tortilla, I think 😉.

Always ate a lot of weird stuff, I recall about 8 years ago traveling through Nicaragua with family, as my cousin was marrying a local girl there. Everybody got diarrhea, including my husband but I did not. I was eating street food sitting out in the sun all day, raw oysters, questionable fish, and I felt great the whole time. I was also nursing my 15-month-old and I have said this before, when I was breastfeeding I could burn through pretty much anything quickly!

OP
L

Logan-