How Often Do You CRAVE Meat?

SOMO

Maybe once or twice a week, I will get intense cravings for meat, sometimes chicken breast and sometimes beef.

My diet is mostly vegetarian, but I'm certain there's something in meat I require, because I do begin to crave it after a few days of eating a completely vegetarian (even with dairy and eggs) diet.

shine

I need to eat ground beef or entrecote 2-3 times a week or I will feel depressed and low energy. Without 70g of beef fat 2 times a week my brain just doesn't feel right.

I have a lot of experience with the vegetarian diet and experienced the same cravings, but supressed them. When I allowed myself to eat meat again it felt like holes in my brain were filled up again. My eyesight immediately improved, my mood got a lot better and my brainfog lifted.
Listen to your cravings.

Lilac

If I have a day with eggs as the main course or a day with mostly cheese/milk/yogurt, I tend to crave meat the next day. Meat is a real draw, and I am sated when I have it at least four times a week.

Lolinaa

Less and less, once or twice a week max.
I know we need it but if I could be healthy with only vegetables, milk and eggs I would be happy to not end an animal's life.
If most of us are vegetarians they won’t kill them, or will treat them better.
Last time I was buying oysters and I heard the crabs alive making noises, I think they were trying to escape, this has broken my heart literally.
Other times I think about Mufasa's explanation when he explained to Simba about the cycle of life.

OP
SOMO

SOMO

If I have a day with eggs as the main course or a day with mostly cheese/milk/yogurt, I tend to crave meat the next day. Meat is a real draw, and I am sated when I have it at least four times a week.

This. Meat is satiating and filling in a way that even massive amounts of fruit will never be.

I can have a small amount of chicken breast and feel full, but have an entire pineapple and still crave more.

I speculate it's more than just the protein content, possibly also the carnitine.

TheSir

Muscle meat rarely, but lately I have developed a ravenous appetite for pork heart. It's cheap, delicious and has low tryptophan. I can eat a one pound heart at one sitting and then do it again 3-4 times within the same week.

boxers

I wonder if theres an essential nutrient in meat that we need and it hasn't been discovered yet

jaminhealth

I eat a little meat every day and I'm 81. Born and raised with it, but now eat less but still enjoy a good piece of organic beef and lamp and turkey. Try to keep with the organics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals