How much zinc and copper do you get daily and how much is not enough in your opinion ?

Perry Staltic

Probably depends on the type you use (absorption), how old you are and what kind of drugs you take. Older people probably need more because they tend to not absorb as well and their thymus shrinks. Also some drugs deplete Zn.

OP
M

Motif

Probably depends on the type you use (absorption), how old you are and what kind of drugs you take. Older people probably need more because they tend to not absorb as well and their thymus shrinks. Also some drugs deplete Zn.
Seems like I don’t absorb it too well or I just need a lot, but my issue is that I don’t know how to balance copper with higher zinc cause I already struggle with copper intake with my intolerances to many foods.

i also have a Pyroluria diagnosis, but I don’t know if that’s a reliable thing.
Also copper deficiency that I can’t get rid of.

OP
M

Motif

I don’t think 11 mg zinc are enough for me. I will try to get over 20 to see how my skin reacts

Perry Staltic

I don’t think 11 mg zinc are enough for me. I will try to get over 20 to see how my skin reacts

If there's not enough selenium in your diet, I would also supplement that because Zn needs selenium to release it from its transporter protein.

OP
M

Motif

If there's not enough selenium in your diet, I would also supplement that because Zn needs selenium to release it from its transporter protein.
Ratio for zinc / selen?
thans for the tip.

I got zinc picolonate and sulphate !
but I mean food included 20 something mg

Perry Staltic

Ratio for zinc / selen?
thans for the tip.

I got zinc picolonate and sulphate !
but I mean food included 20 something mg

I don't know if there is a ratio. For what you want to take 50-100 mcg selenium should be fine.

FWIW, Masterjohn did a video regarding research that shows picolinate is well absorbed, but excreted more than other forms. I think sulfate is well absorbed.

OP
M

Motif

I started a trace mineral supplement and it has zinc picolonate or whatever it’s called. It’s already 15 mg so I don’t want to take much more of the sulphate if any

OP
M

Motif

Anybody knows if we need more zinc on days we eat super copper high , like liver?

how much more?

Yucca

Two words. Canned oysters.

I always wonder how Americans can eat those things.

Oysters are always eaten raw where I live. I tried once in my life cooked with gratin , but other than that oysters are eaten directly as soon as they’re opened with butter (or vinegar), bread and white wine...

...and yes, oysters are a very good zinc source.

OP
M

Motif

Anybody knows how much selenium is in one canned oyster?

and it’s not a good source for b12 unfortunately right? Cause I was reading vitamins are mostly drained out in canned oysters

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals