How Much Willow Bark Extract Should I Take?

Francisco

I have recently started taking willow bark extract for its aspirin-like effects. The powder I take has 240mg of salicin in a half tsp. How much should I take to see the desired effects?

Lejeboca

I have recently started taking willow bark extract for its aspirin-like effects. The powder I take has 240mg of salicin in a half tsp. How much should I take to see the desired effects?

What is your desired effects? I recall Dr. Peat saying that 500mg of aspirin should be not too much. Perhaps consider a 1:1 ratio of willow bark and aspirin? You can probably take more as long as you intake sufficient amount of vitamin K.

Personally, I've seen "aspirin-type" signs such as excessive bleeding from as few as 3 drops of willow bark ethanol tincture 3x per day after a just a few days of intake, and use it now only for acute conditions (infection, fever, cold, etc.).

Literally

Be very careful, it seems the dosing for this may need to be quite low.

I put the bark it in my tea -- a less effective extraction -- and when at first I put too much, I had vision issues where I saw black and red spots and had trouble seeing because of this. Using it much more conservatively I find that I crave it sometimes, which I take as a good sign.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals