How Much Vitamin K2 Should I Take? (Mk7)

baccheion

If it works, 1 mg/kg vitamin K2 MK-4 split across 3 servings (each 6 hours apart). Some say they notice effects with even just 5 mg 3x/day. MK-7 could be added as a stabilizer. Relentless Improvement sells a MK-4 + MK-7 product.

Add some vitamin D3 to at least maintain sufficiency. Where there's vitamin D, there's also magnesium (before bed?).

BigChad

If it works, 1 mg/kg vitamin K2 MK-4 split across 3 servings (each 6 hours apart). Some say they notice effects with even just 5 mg 3x/day. MK-7 could be added as a stabilizer. Relentless Improvement sells a MK-4 + MK-7 product.

Add some vitamin D3 to at least maintain sufficiency. Where there's vitamin D, there's also magnesium (before bed?).

Where did you get the 1mg/kg figure from, why so high? that's like 70mg K2 a day?
Wouldn't jaw benefits still be obtainable over time, with a K2 dose of 3mg a day or every other day?

one other thing.
how come thornes vitamin K product, contains 1000mcg K1, 5mg MK4, 90mcg MK7. relentless improvement contains nothing but 15mg MK4. yet the thorne capsule is 3 or 4x as thick and twice as long as the relentless improvement capsule? Is thorne putting a lot of filler powder in their capsules or is relentless improvement underdosed or something?
theres another product that has 1mg K1, 1.5mg MK4, 300mcg mk7, 900mcg vitamin A, and 5000IU D3. its the same size as the thorne 3-K capsule, and much bigger than the 15mg MK4 relentless improvement capsule.

baccheion

Where did you get the 1mg/kg figure from, why so high? that's like 70mg K2 a day?
Wouldn't jaw benefits still be obtainable over time, with a K2 dose of 3mg a day or every other day?

one other thing.
how come thornes vitamin K product, contains 1000mcg K1, 5mg MK4, 90mcg MK7. relentless improvement contains nothing but 15mg MK4. yet the thorne capsule is 3 or 4x as thick and twice as long as the relentless improvement capsule? Is thorne putting a lot of filler powder in their capsules or is relentless improvement underdosed or something?
theres another product that has 1mg K1, 1.5mg MK4, 300mcg mk7, 900mcg vitamin A, and 5000IU D3. its the same size as the thorne 3-K capsule, and much bigger than the 15mg MK4 relentless improvement capsule.
Labels usually state what fillers or other ingredients are present.

1 mg/kg was derived from the osteoporosis studies (women weighed 45 kg and took 45 mg).

If not about 1 mg/kg, you could try 5 mg 3x/day. Many notice something from that amount. On the other hand, I'd do 1 mg/kg (each dose ~6-8 hours apart) if I were to waste my time. Some on lookism-like sites took 90 mg/day and recommend 50-90 mg. Even 150 mg in one case.

BigChad

Labels usually state what fillers or other ingredients are present.

1 mg/kg was derived from the osteoporosis studies (women weighed 45 kg and took 45 mg).

If not about 1 mg/kg, you could try 5 mg 3x/day. Many notice something from that amount. On the other hand, I'd do 1 mg/kg (each dose ~6-8 hours apart) if I were to waste my time. Some on lookism-like sites took 90 mg/day and recommend 50-90 mg. Even 150 mg in one case.

what if you take 15mg Mk4 twice a week, 1mg k1/5mg mk4/90mcg mk7 once a week, and 1mg k1/1.5mgmk4/300mcgmk7 4x a week, for many years?i think mk7 also amplifies Mk4s effects?

baccheion

what if you take 15mg Mk4 twice a week, 1mg k1/5mg mk4/90mcg mk7 once a week, and 1mg k1/1.5mgmk4/300mcgmk7 4x a week, for many years?i think mk7 also amplifies Mk4s effects?
I'm not sure how MK-4 exerts the face widening effect. From all I've seen, it has to be taken 3x/day to keep serum continually high. At that dose/frequency (with calcium and vitamin D3), some say they noticed effects in 6 weeks. Unsure if true or reliable/repeatable.

BigChad

what do you mean by MK7 as a stabilizer? what is it doing there

baccheion

what do you mean by MK7 as a stabilizer? what is it doing there
Stabilizing presence of vitamin K2 in serum. MK-4 is gone after a few hours. MK-7 also has effects not exerted by MK-4 (or maybe it was the other way around).

OP
PleaseDoo21

PleaseDoo21

Stabilizing presence of vitamin K2 in serum. MK-4 is gone after a few hours. MK-7 also has effects not exerted by MK-4 (or maybe it was the other way around).
MK7 boosts the levels in which your body uses MK4, regardless to say, doesn't MK7 just convert to mk4?

BigChad

MK7 boosts the levels in which your body uses MK4, regardless to say, doesn't MK7 just convert to mk4?
Not sure, mk7 seemed to help raise mk4 lvls more than mk4 itself.
Mk7 comes from fermented foods, bacteria. Mk4 is from animal fats, bone marrow etc. Only animals that actually consumed k1 in diet. Not sure how they get mk4 from geraniol. All the mk4 supplements on the market seem to be from geraniol. But i could've sworn i once saw an mk4 product on Amazon which was actually sourced from emu oil or some sort of animal fat. I wasn't able to find it again. I found it on an article talking about mk4 that linked to the product on Amazon. I didnt look into vitamin k much back then. Wish i saved the product since it is the only animal sourced mk4 supplement ive seen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals