How Much Vitamin D3 Do You Take

BibleBeliever

Damn dude, I feel you on the shoulder crystal thing. I feel like D and K can **** with Calcium. The only thing that attenuated shoulder kinks for me is sufficient magnesium.
I used to take citrate, but the irritation is very potent. I have some in the glycinate form and it still often causes the same effect. Otherwise I have about 3 cups of coffee a day for it, orange juice and coconut water.
I could try it out sometime if taking vitamin d to have higher magnesium and observe if it counters the negatives.

Sometimes the shoulders would cease up pretty much. I would have to ram it into a wall several times to pop the kink out. Other times it would crack with every single rotation, usually several cracks.

No d3 supplement in a while and now just did 150 sledgehammer hits on the tire with a full squat each hit; lots of hitting the bag and many hindu pushups. Not even the slightest of shoulder kinks.

Did you take magnesium or get it from food? I have tried epsom salt bathes here and there and they make the feet feel great, but didn't notice any other effect.

Frankdee20

Wow dude that's serious, I guess everyone is truly different. To answer your question, I supplement Magnesium. I also try obtaining from food. In my opinion though, regardless what Peat says, coffee provides minimal Mag. I guess OJ has more, but it's still inefficient source. To me, black beans, banana, dark chocolate, spinach, are better sources. I know people are going to go ape ***t if they read the bean reference. They'll say its estrogenic, bla, bla. Idk. To me, using beans here and there isn't going to form a vagina, so they need to relax with that.

BibleBeliever

Wow dude that's serious, I guess everyone is truly different. To answer your question, I supplement Magnesium. I also try obtaining from food. In my opinion though, regardless what Peat says, coffee provides minimal Mag. I guess OJ has more, but it's still inefficient source. To me, black beans, banana, dark chocolate, spinach, are better sources. I know people are going to go ape ***t if they read the bean reference. They'll say its estrogenic, bla, bla. Idk. To me, using beans here and there isn't going to form a vagina, so they need to relax with that.
How do you find the digestion of beans?
I remember many years ago when I was told beans were good for me, I opened a big can of black beans and ate the whole can with a spoon.
It ended up being a very bad experience.

Do you use apple cider vinegar or anything else? I tried chickpeas sometime ago; 5 tablespoons a day for some molybdenum, but my body did not tolerate it well at all.

Frankdee20

Good point, I guess some people can't tolerate beans, or can't digest them. I don't experience flatulence, cramping, diarrhea, etc., nothing. I eat them out of the can, draining and rinsing first. I also make them from scratch. Perhaps these are digestive enzyme, or lack of, going on. Idk though. Isn't there a product called Beano ? To help ?

raypeatclips

I have been wondering about vit D recently, and the balancing with K and A. Vit D is one of the things that is big in the mainstream health media, many people I know are taking vitamin D tablets, and reporting improvements, but none of them are taking A or K, some I am sure haven't even heard of K. Where are all the negative reactions from lack of A and K? A lot of doses sold in regular shops are quite low, perhaps they are not high enough to cause problems. I don't know.

B

Braveheart

Usually have bad results with even 1000 iu of vitamin d; tried it in pill form and dropper. It does deepen the voice quite a bit, but I find it causes light headedness, fatigue and feelings of what appear to be thin blood; faintness.
Taking vitamin k2 and vitamin a do not appear to give any greater tolerance for it. Sometimes it also causes calcium crystals, especially in the shoulders. They make a snapping sound when I rotate enough.
All these negatives go away upon cessation of supplementing. Getting vitamin d from sunlight, milk and eggs do not cause this effect.

Boron increases vitamin d in the body, not sure if related to my reactions. I was taking 3mg of boron a day, but don't think it could cause that much of an effect to vitamin d supplementation in such a small dosage.
"The study took place in Serbia with supplementation beginning in October and concluding by January; in other words, the study occurred during the fall transition to winter, a time when vitamin-D status would be expected to worsen. Yet, with boron supplementation, 25(OH)D3 levels rose significantly, with an average rise of 20%.2"

Nothing Boring About Boron

Otherwise I found this about coffee/tea increasing vitamin d levels.
"Vitamin D levels were significantly highest among those consuming 9–12 cups of tea/week in all subjects (p-value 0.009) independent of age, gender, BMI, physical activity and sun exposure."
Tea and coffee consumption in relation to vitamin D and calcium levels in Saudi adolescents
interesting PubMed stuff, Jack...thanks!

Frankdee20

Vitamin D3 at 5,000 IU with LE Super K has had the most profound effect on my mood of any supplement. I take this combo every other day, but perhaps shouldn't be afraid to do this daily. I balance it with A (10,000) and Unique E occasionally too.

johnwester130

Vitamin D3 at 5,000 IU with LE Super K has had the most profound effect on my mood of any supplement. I take this combo every other day, but perhaps shouldn't be afraid to do this daily. I balance it with A (10,000) and Unique E occasionally too.

vitamin d fatgiues me

has this ever happened to you

dbh25

I am taking vit. D 5000 IU * 5 days a week. The doctor suggested taking a 50,0000 IU dose every 2 weeks instead. My Vit. D level usually comes in 50-70.
Has anybody taken higher dose D and what has been your experience?

Frankdee20

I am taking vit. D 5000 IU * 5 days a week. The doctor suggested taking a 50,0000 IU dose every 2 weeks instead. My Vit. D level usually comes in 50-70.
Has anybody taken higher dose D and what has been your experience?

I love vitamin D, no other supplement has made such a dramatic difference in my mood and enthusiasm for life. My level was 22 last month. I take 5,000 with K2 about 4-5 days a week and occasionally take E and A. I was flat depressed no affect never smiled and hated life, never got off the couch. I’m a completely different person now.

Frankdee20

I actually think vitamin A negates any positives from D, it gives me a bit of brain fog. I may stop taking it.

RobertJM

I love vitamin D, no other supplement has made such a dramatic difference in my mood and enthusiasm for life. My level was 22 last month. I take 5,000 with K2 about 4-5 days a week and occasionally take E and A. I was flat depressed no affect never smiled and hated life, never got off the couch. I’m a completely different person now.

I can see that from your photo. I'm definitely gonna get me some of this!! Seriously though, I have never bothered with d3 much. I have three bottles I bought about six months ago (comes in MCT oil), but I didn't notice much from acute supplementation other than constipation and issues with sleep architecture. So seemed to definitely mess with my serotonin. It was probably increasing serotonin in my brain, but decreasing it in my gut (as per Hadiut's thread). I get the same constipation effects from dose dependant niacinamide (another serotonin gut lowering compound). Increasing thyroid fixes that (of course).

I've never been tested for d3 though, and I live in a country where winter time is just unpleasantly brutal (U.K.). It's already getting really cold here. The sun is rarely seen now. I would guess my levels are maybe atrocious? Or they will
become so as we further go into winter. I try to get good levels of sunlight in the summer. But I no longer supplement d3 at all during the winter time. I haven't done for years, to be honest.

Even though it would be wise for me to perhaps get the relevant d3 tests done first, I'm tempted to just do what your doing, and start taking 5000iu per day. I mean, it's not like that dose is crazy or anything. Or I could just be more conservative and stick to the 2000iu advised by Peat (I think? Did he say that? I'm sure he did? That might be incorrect actually) for winter time supplementation.

Frankdee20

I can see that from your photo. I'm definitely gonna get me some of this!! Seriously though, I have never bothered with d3 much. I have three bottles I bought about six months ago (comes in MCT oil), but I didn't notice much from acute supplementation other than constipation and issues with sleep architecture. So seemed to definitely mess with my serotonin. It was probably increasing serotonin in my brain, but decreasing it in my gut (as per Hadiut's thread). I get the same constipation effects from dose dependant niacinamide (another serotonin gut lowering compound). Increasing thyroid fixes that (of course).

I've never been tested for d3 though, and I live in a country where winter time is just unpleasantly brutal (U.K.). It's already getting really cold here. The sun is rarely seen now. I would guess my levels are maybe atrocious? Or they will
become so as we further go into winter. I try to get good levels of sunlight in the summer. But I no longer supplement d3 at all during the winter time. I haven't done for years, to be honest.

Even though it would be wise for me to perhaps get the relevant d3 tests done first, I'm tempted to just do what your doing, and start taking 5000iu per day. I mean, it's not like that dose is crazy or anything. Or I could just be more conservative and stick to the 2000iu advised by Peat (I think? Did he say that? I'm sure he did? That might be incorrect actually) for winter time supplementation.

Lol, yeah I love that photo, it brings out my eyes.

Frankdee20

Constipation by D3 could be remedied by Magnesium, perhaps it’s boosting calcium too much. The magnesium would balance that, acting as a channel blocker. I think you can do 1-2,000 a day of D3, and try the K, so Calcium gets in bone.

aquaman

Danny Roddy says he and clients get bad sleep off D3, and need Vit A to balance out and improve sleep

cyclops

Constipation by D3 could be remedied by Magnesium, perhaps it’s boosting calcium too much. The magnesium would balance that, acting as a channel blocker. I think you can do 1-2,000 a day of D3, and try the K, so Calcium gets in bone.

Do you take the d3 orally? How much K2 do you take? Orally or topically?

RobertJM

Danny Roddy says he and clients get bad sleep off D3, and need Vit A to balance out and improve sleep

Estroban for the win.
Or buy the ingredients individually and make your own estroban for the win

RobertJM

Thanks yeah, you're probably right there with the magnesium.