How much topical progesterone (progest-e) to start with for a man?

jpgio

Want to start using progesterone topically just curious to see how much a man should start with. Thank you.

rr1

Want to start using progesterone topically just curious to see how much a man should start with. Thank you.
I think 1 or 2 drops of progest-e(less than 10mg) is a suitable amount if you don't have any any symptoms. But 20-30mg seems to be a more common amount if you are comfortable with that. In some it could temporarily shrink the penis or lower libido, but I get the complete opposite effects. Progest-e rubbed on gums.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

I used about 20mg topically with olive oil. Didn’t really like the effect it gave me. Made me feel dull sort of anhedonic. Might revisit it later down the road.

rr1

I used about 20mg topically with olive oil. Didn’t really like the effect it gave me. Made me feel dull sort of anhedonic. Might revisit it later down the road.
Which brand/product?

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Progest-E I slept really good and I feel relaxed today but slightly different I don’t know if it’s less androgens or maybe just less cortisol/estrogen. It’s not a bad thing necessarily. I doubt I took enough to actually have a significant negative effect on androgens.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Which brand/product?

Progest-E I slept really good and I feel relaxed today but slightly different I don’t know if it’s less androgens or maybe just less cortisol/estrogen. It’s not a bad thing necessarily. I doubt I took enough to actually have a significant negative effect on androgens.

Jayvee

Does anyone know if Progest E still contains Soy Isoflavones? Or is this an older formula that did? I swear I'm getting estrogenic effects from it. im super sensitive to anything soy so maybe it's just me.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Does anyone know if Progest E still contains Soy Isoflavones? Or is this an older formula that did? I swear I'm getting estrogenic effects from it. im super sensitive to anything soy so maybe it's just me.
They say there is nothing left of the soy the vitamin e is extracted from in the final product

OP
jpgio

jpgio

I think taking the progest-e up regulated my natural production or just stabilized my hormones because I’ve had great effects after the first day or so since taking it. Lower stress more relaxed clearer head.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Update took another dose a little smaller this time around and had some negative effects. Mostly Irritability. From what I understand this could be caused by the smaller dose converting to allopregnanolone. Got better effects from the higher dose although both doses were very small. Gonna lay off it for a while

rr1

Update took another dose a little smaller this time around and had some negative effects. Mostly Irritability. From what I understand this could be caused by the smaller dose converting to allopregnanolone. Got better effects from the higher dose although both doses were very small. Gonna lay off it for a while
Read SonOfEurope posts if you haven't already. He mentions that some people benefit from starting with a higher dose, almost 100mg for a few days. The reasoning being something like, you need to flush out excess estrogen and small amounts can be estrogenic. Even the instructions where you buy progest-e state this.

(as low thyroid, high estrogen situations require a high initial dose to avoid progesterone reverting to estrogen)

nintendo1889

Are there any advantages of topical over oral?

The body internally converts it into allo-pregnonelone, per Michael E Platt.

I've been taking it for my ADD, my lumosity scores has been going up since starting it 3 months ago, especially in the 'attention' score.

If you're worried about the soy in the progest-e product, or taking progesterone internally, what about taking vitamin E and using the external progesterone cream?

They say there is nothing left of the soy the vitamin e is extracted from in the final product
I noticed that too. It sort of makes sense, since people are mainly allergic to proteins.

Dr Michael E Platt (plattwellness.com) says this as well, that 5% seems to be the magic amount that causes the least toxicity. If it has the opposite effect (increases adrenal dominance rather than decreasing it [as in the case of adrenaline dominant people, such as: ADD, creative-depressive-types, fibromalgyia, not a morning person, dry mouth, IBS, all laid out in his book, Adrenaline Dominance] ), then you may have type-3 diabetes.

Last edited: