How Much Time Do Spend Online?

mujuro

Too much. I spent 2 weeks house sitting for the in-laws last month, so I was away from games and high speed internet but not Netflix. To be honest I felt a lot better, and read a lot more. I don't even like gaming that much, but rather use it to kill time. The whole thing is ironic.

M

member 2106

Far too much. I recently cancelled my wifi contract, and had no internet connection at home for about 2 months. I'd go to the library for an hour a day if there was something I wanted to find out, or discuss. Then I discovered I could connect to the wifi of my local supermarket, which has ruined everything, because I have no willpower. The internet can become a substitute for actual thinking for yourself when used too frequently.

Queequeg

Far too much. I recently cancelled my wifi contract, and had no internet connection at home for about 2 months. I'd go to the library for an hour a day if there was something I wanted to find out, or discuss. Then I discovered I could connect to the wifi of my local supermarket, which has ruined everything, because I have no willpower. The internet can become a substitute for actual thinking for yourself when used too frequently.
I don't think its an accident it's called the web or the net.

walker_in_aus

I realized recently that my hobbies include the internet (netflix, youtube, facebook, 9gag, wordswithfriends, news, forums, pinterest), and tweezing blackheads out from around my nose. Not the greatest lifestyle, nor a great conversation starter when you meet people. "What do you like to do outside work?"

M

member 2106

Internet addiction is very common these days.

It is, and it probably won't be long before there's a thriving community like NoFap for people trying to overcome this addiction. NoBrowse? What would it be called? Although, in order to discuss their progress, as NoFappers do, they'd have to use the internet.. so maybe that wouldn't work.

InChristAlone

I am grateful for the internet, without it there is no way I would have come across Ray Peat and countless other things that have improved my health and that of my kids. It's just that our willpower to avoid it gets really hard as we become more connected through it. I remember having to go to the library for it and my life was not better because of it. Just different.

And people say our smartphones are replacing real conversation but I disagree, before phones people chilled in front of the tv or read a book, and before that maybe it was the radio or a newspaper. People have always entertained themselves in one way or another.

zztr

If you need to be working on a computer it can help to have a computer with no network access. You can remove the wifi card from a laptop or desktop and throw it out. Keep a separate device for downloading things and wasting time on the web and be very deliberate about using it. Ideally, keep it in a separate room, or maybe in the trunk of a car. You can transfer any software and documentation you really need via USB stick.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals