How Much Testosterone Is Contained In Beef Heart And Milk? Does Heat Destroy Or Increase Absorption?

Cameron

Organ meat intake was related to higher total sperm count, higher sperm concentration and greater sperm motility. Compared with non-consumers, men who reported consuming organ meats had 53% (34% to 66%) higher total sperm count, 41% (20% to 56%) higher sperm concentration, and 8 (4 to 12) percentage units higher progressive motility after adjusting for potential confounders. We examined whether nutrients concentrated in organ meats explained these associations. Further adjustment for intakes of animal protein, animal fat, cholesterol, copper, manganese, iron or vitamin B12, alone or in combination, did not affect the association of organ meat intake with semen parameters (data not shown). Intakes of poultry or fish were not related to any of the semen quality parameters examined.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe it is not so much the testosterone contained in the organs and glandular's. I think the nutrients, enzymes, and their co-factors are incredible nutrition for the body and allow it to run optimally to make testosterone along with other hormones and such.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Meat intake and reproductive parameters among young men processed meat lower sperm counts. Organ meats (real food) higher sperm count. How much testosterone can we get from eating heart, muscle meat, and testicle taking into consideration cooking and how many mgs of testosterone per ounce of beef or chicken organs? @haidut
so lamb balls contain testosterone :lol:?
yes actual testosterone can be found in milk organ meat especially heart and testes.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Maybe it is not so much the testosterone contained in the organs and glandular's. I think the nutrients, enzymes, and their co-factors are incredible nutrition for the body and allow it to run optimally to make testosterone along with other hormones and such.
Very true I am curious to see a paper on concentrations of hormones as heart has a high concentration of actual testosterone and other androgens but my question is how much can be digested and used by the body.

Nebula

Very true I am curious to see a paper on concentrations of hormones as heart has a high concentration of actual testosterone and other androgens but my question is how much can be digested and used by the body.
I recently ate some fresh beef heart from a cow my brother raised. I don’t know about testosterone, but it definitely increased a sense of well being much more than store bought muscle meat. Not sure how much of that is due to being fresh and not aged or the unique nutrients in the heart. Also had fresh stewed beef tongue that same weekend.

Freshly slaughtered pasture raised beef whether organs or muscle is an amazing food.

redsun

I recently ate some fresh beef heart from a cow my brother raised. I don’t know about testosterone, but it definitely increased a sense of well being much more than store bought muscle meat. Not sure how much of that is due to being fresh and not aged or the unique nutrients in the heart. Also had fresh stewed beef tongue that same weekend.

Freshly slaughtered beef whether organs or muscle is an amazing food.

Even though heart is still a muscle, it has at least 2-3x more of most micronutrients then a steak. I wouldnt be surprised if the heart had a higher concentration of antioxidants though I dont have any studies or data on that.

stevrd

This thread has gotten me thinking about the importance of organ meats. Ironically, in the past couple of weeks I literally swapped out muscle meats for organ meats and shellfish. I feel a lot better as a result. Eating about 4oz of liver a day, oysters several times a week. I eat heart now and then when I can get it from the local Amish farmer. Probably won't do this long-term (Eating a ton of organs), but I think it's important to recognize that organ meats have a variety of benefits over muscle meats.

I initially had the idea of eating organ meats because my blood tests showed severe copper deficiency with concomitant low ceruloplasmin. Muscle meats are deficient in copper relative to iron, so if someone eats a lot of muscle meats without organs to balance it out, he will shift the balance to high iron/low copper. Copper is needed for the central nervous system, dopamine production, and thus eating copper-rich foods shifts the metabolism towards pro-dopamine, lower prolactin, higher androgens. The hyperbolic focus on zinc intake and zinc deficiency has been much to the detriment of many men. The reality is zinc is easy to obtain from diet and eating an oyster here and there or enough meat weekly will give one all the zinc he needs.

I think Ray's recommendation of eating about 4-8 oz of liver a week is a good general guideline, but many people who have not been eating well for a long time may nee much more than that for at least a period of time. The curative effects of eating liver cannot be overstated. I had unresolved dermatitis on my scalp for a long time that high doses of vitamin A did not resolve. Eating liver worked it out pretty quickly. Peat and Masterjohn have discussed EFA "deficient" rats who resolved dermatitis simply by eating liver. I'm probably going to eat about 1lb of liver a week for a few months. When someone is experiencing signs of deficiency, IMO there's nothing better to resolve it than liver. For me, my dermatitis could have been due to insufficient B6, biotin, vitamin A, or other b vitamins. I was tired of experimenting with different supplements to reverse it and just decided to not leave it to chance, and eat the real thing.

reality

I always feel great after eating liver, which I assume is from the mass dose of bioavailable nutrients and vitamin a especially. The body can absorb what it needs and when, which is comparatively different to taking isolated supplements (ie a b complex)

The other study showed INVERSE relationship between organ meat intake and sperm motility. Very confusing but these studies with humans and surveys are really not all that helpful. I am more of a believer in animal studies because they don’t fill out surveys and they don’t forget or lie and they don’t have hidden confounders.

Dr. B

I always feel great after eating liver, which I assume is from the mass dose of bioavailable nutrients and vitamin a especially. The body can absorb what it needs and when, which is comparatively different to taking isolated supplements (ie a b complex)
The other study showed INVERSE relationship between organ meat intake and sperm motility. Very confusing but these studies with humans and surveys are really not all that helpful. I am more of a believer in animal studies because they don’t fill out surveys and they don’t forget or lie and they don’t have hidden confounders.

is it fine to do beef organs and liver from ancestral supplements, freeze dried powder. they are freeze dried but I imagine the quality could be far beyond any meat available in the US since its from grass fed new zealand cows... he claims its not certified organic but exceeds and surpasses all the organic standards too. and the gelatin capsules they use arent organic so they cant label the product as a whole organic although the meat portion could be labelled organic.

is it fine to do beef organs and liver from ancestral supplements, freeze dried powder. they are freeze dried but I imagine the quality could be far beyond any meat available in the US since its from grass fed new zealand cows... he claims its not certified organic but exceeds and surpasses all the organic standards too. and the gelatin capsules they use arent organic so they cant label the product as a whole organic although the meat portion could be labelled organic.

no I don't think it's fine at all. I wouldn't use them except to get something like, say, pancreas if you need that and can't find it in its natural state.

Nomane Euger

hi,it is not fine if the fact that it is a supplement make you more tolerant to the potential bad taste of it either because you swallow it in a way that make you avoid the taste,or if you accept the bad taste because you invested money and think it will have benefits,a lot of organs even among the grass fed grass finished ones are toxic,the older the animal the more likely he will have toxic organs compare to young ones,i have personally never eaten a single grass fed grass finished beef liver/kidneys that didnt taste bad,or didnt make me feel bad despit i have tryed it a lot of times.

the "golden land,green land,promised land,new zealand"is a myth,i have seen the claimed grass fed grass finished from new zealand that people are eating or promoting on internet , all the ones i have seen,just by their appearances,they are 100% toxic and taste trash.you can find as good or better organs even in the US or europe.

the most important factors i have observed for the taste and health increasing potential of organs other than the potential pollution of the environnement,is grass fed grass finished since a copples of months,it take a copples of months for an ruminant animal that ate cereals to have his fat and organs to be as close as one ruminant that never ate any cereals,and very warm and sunny weather,even very tasty and health increasing organs from peak health animals starte to taste worst,potentially bad when we reach december,and they taste this way up until april approximativly

Last edited:

Dr. B

hi,it is not fine if the fact that it is a supplement make you more tolerant to the potential bad taste of it either because you swallow it in a way that make you avoid the taste,or if you accept the bad taste because you invested money and think it will have benefits,a lot of organs even among the grass fed grass finished ones are toxic,the older the animal the more likely he will have toxic organs compare to young ones,i have personally never eaten a single grass fed grass finished beef liver/kidneys that didnt taste bad,or didnt make me feel bad despit i have tryed it a lot of times.the "golden land,green land,promised land,new zealand"is a myth,i have seen the claimed grass fed grass finished from new zealand that people are eating or promoting on internet , all the ones i have seen,just by their appearances,they are 100% toxic and taste trash.you can find as good or better organs even in the US or europe
why are they toxic? the freeze drying process? what about freeze dried fish eggs, or beef jerky, pemmican, or some other dried beef products like sold by nose to tail or carnivore aurelius? @ecstatichamster

Nomane Euger

why are they toxic? the freeze drying process? what about freeze dried fish eggs, or beef jerky, pemmican, or some other dried beef products like sold by nose to tail or carnivore aurelius? @ecstatichamster
a lot of organs(not specifically the freeze dryed ones) are toxic because they taste trash and worsen health of peoples,at first it can be mild symptoms, on the long run it can be more debilitating symptoms even in moderate quantity like 30 grammes at once when tasty organs in the same quantity or beyond are among the most potent foods one can consume.if you asked me why in theory they are toxic,my less irelevant speculation is high heavy metals contain for certains of them specifically kidneys,and for beef liver high carotenoids contain,the liver of adult beef often has it inner flesh more redish,and its crunchy because there is fibrotic tissues in it it seems,and it taste unpleasantly herbal,up to stinging/spicy,all these beef liver characteristics worsen in the winter when its colder and there is more sun.you can try it as long as you feel better from it

Dr. B

a lot of organs(not specifically the freeze dryed ones) are toxic because they taste trash and worsen health of peoples,at first it can be mild symptoms, on the long run it can be more debilitating symptoms even in moderate quantity like 30 grammes at once when tasty organs in the same quantity or beyond are among the most potent foods one can consume.if you asked me why in theory they are toxic,my less irelevant speculation is high heavy metals contain for certains of them specifically kidneys,and for beef liver high carotenoids contain,the liver of adult beef often has it inner flesh more redish,and its crunchy because there is fibrotic tissues in it it seems,and it taste unpleasantly herbal,up to stinging/spicy.you can try it as long as you feel better from it
so testicles, eyeballs, penis, brain, thymus etc you dont think are worth eating? the ancestral site claims native americans ate all organs and this was responsible for their health, that eating the same organ improves the health of that same organ in your body. so do we not really need to consume any of the organs besides maybe a bit of liver and bone marrow? Ray thinks bone marrow has too much iron