How Much Testosterone Is Contained In Beef Heart And Milk? Does Heat Destroy Or Increase Absorption?

Discussion in 'Diet' started by Cameron, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Cameron

Cameron Member

Organ meat intake was related to higher total sperm count, higher sperm concentration and greater sperm motility. Compared with non-consumers, men who reported consuming organ meats had 53% (34% to 66%) higher total sperm count, 41% (20% to 56%) higher sperm concentration, and 8 (4 to 12) percentage units higher progressive motility after adjusting for potential confounders. We examined whether nutrients concentrated in organ meats explained these associations. Further adjustment for intakes of animal protein, animal fat, cholesterol, copper, manganese, iron or vitamin B12, alone or in combination, did not affect the association of organ meat intake with semen parameters (data not shown). Intakes of poultry or fish were not related to any of the semen quality parameters examined.

2. OP
    Cameron

Cameron Member

Meat intake and reproductive parameters among young men processed meat lower sperm counts. Organ meats (real food) higher sperm count. How much testosterone can we get from eating heart, muscle meat, and testicle taking into consideration cooking and how many mgs of testosterone per ounce of beef or chicken organs? @haidut

3. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Maybe it is not so much the testosterone contained in the organs and glandular's. I think the nutrients, enzymes, and their co-factors are incredible nutrition for the body and allow it to run optimally to make testosterone along with other hormones and such.

4. Aymen

Aymen Member

so lamb balls contain testosterone :lol:?

5. OP
    Cameron

Cameron Member

yes actual testosterone can be found in milk organ meat especially heart and testes.

6. OP
    Cameron

Cameron Member

Very true I am curious to see a paper on concentrations of hormones as heart has a high concentration of actual testosterone and other androgens but my question is how much can be digested and used by the body.

7. Aymen

Aymen Member

8. Nebula

Nebula Member

I recently ate some fresh beef heart from a cow my brother raised. I don’t know about testosterone, but it definitely increased a sense of well being much more than store bought muscle meat. Not sure how much of that is due to being fresh and not aged or the unique nutrients in the heart. Also had fresh stewed beef tongue that same weekend.

Freshly slaughtered pasture raised beef whether organs or muscle is an amazing food.

9. redsun

redsun Member

Even though heart is still a muscle, it has at least 2-3x more of most micronutrients then a steak. I wouldnt be surprised if the heart had a higher concentration of antioxidants though I dont have any studies or data on that.

10. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    Agreed.