How Much Sugar Do I Add To Milk?

tara

Depends on:
what your overall calorie intake is, and how much you need to increase it if it is low
whether you tend to overhydrate or underhydrate
what tastes good to you - this may be the easiest guide to use

TheHound

Depends on:
what your overall calorie intake is, and how much you need to increase it if it is low
whether you tend to overhydrate or underhydrate
what tastes good to you - this may be the easiest guide to use

if drinking 8 glasses of milk a day + orange juice + sugared coffee would adding sugar to milk be too much? I want to increase my calories as much as possible but I'm not sure if there is negatives to this much added table sugar

tara

if drinking 8 glasses of milk a day + orange juice + sugared coffee would adding sugar to milk be too much? I want to increase my calories as much as possible but I'm not sure if there is negatives to this much added table sugar
I don't know if there is a simple definite answer.
What are you eating with these drinks?

I guess you've seen the threads discussing liver health and ability to handle large amounts of fructose.

The negatives of using very large amounts of refined sucrose include that refined sucrose doesn't bring any minerals with it. If you do a lot of it for extended periods without making sure you get lots of minerals from other sources, that might result in a risk of mineral deficiencies. Maybe also b-vits.

Other than that, too much sugar may well stop tasting good when you've got more on board than your body can deal with at once. That's why I think taste can be one relevant guide.

tara

I dont know? Isnt it good to do?
If I'm understanding your other thread right, you could be in the habit of overhydrating and getting anxious. Adding some sugar may help, esp. if you are not eating much (not sure about this - do you have an estimate of average daily calories?). I'd have a go at experimenting and see how much sugar in the milk tastes good to you, and whether it helps against the bothersome symptoms, and adjust up or down accordingly. It may also be good to look at how you are doing with other nutrients too, in addition to getting the sugar/calories - your system also needs a good supply of protein, minerals, vitamins.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

If I'm understanding your other thread right, you could be in the habit of overhydrating and getting anxious. Adding some sugar may help, esp. if you are not eating much (not sure about this - do you have an estimate of average daily calories?). I'd have a go at experimenting and see how much sugar in the milk tastes good to you, and whether it helps against the bothersome symptoms, and adjust up or down accordingly. It may also be good to look at how you are doing with other nutrients too, in addition to getting the sugar/calories - your system also needs a good supply of protein, minerals, vitamins.

I eat alot but do not have a good estimate for calories. I eat alot of cheese, pasta, pancakes, burgers, potatoes, yogurt, milk, soft drinks etc

Luann

@TurtleNeck, it depends on your other liquids during the day. If you drink fruit juice, coffee, you can sugar your milk to make it less watery.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals