How much sodium should I really be getting?

eeeeeeeeeeee

I know that RP suggests getting more sodium/salt than the FDA does but how much is really too much/not enough?

My diet is mostly yogurt, kefir, fruit and juice, plus some cola and coffee. The only supplement I use is 25mg zinc citrate, which is like 8mg elemental zinc. No real sodium content except for in the kefir and salting coffee makes me want to vomit. I have eggs most days of the week too with salted butter and extra salt but chronometer tells me that's only 400-500mg of sodium. Recently I've started having 8 jarred queen olives per day for the sodium and that adds 1800mg and brings the total to about 2200mg for a day of ~2500kcal.

Not enough sodium? My diet is very liquid-intensive but I still feel like I urinate too much.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I know that RP suggests getting more sodium/salt than the FDA does but how much is really too much/not enough?

My diet is mostly yogurt, kefir, fruit and juice, plus some cola and coffee. The only supplement I use is 25mg zinc citrate, which is like 8mg elemental zinc. No real sodium content except for in the kefir and salting coffee makes me want to vomit. I have eggs most days of the week too with salted butter and extra salt but chronometer tells me that's only 400-500mg of sodium. Recently I've started having 8 jarred queen olives per day for the sodium and that adds 1800mg and brings the total to about 2200mg for a day of ~2500kcal.

Not enough sodium? My diet is very liquid-intensive but I still feel like I urinate too much.
Did you ever find clear Peat guidance on this?

LucH

Not enough sodium?
Take salt to taste, with gradually progression but always with enough potassium. Let your kidneys get used to the change, over a period of +/10 days.
If you don't add much more fibber from vegetables, with target on polyphenols (broccoli, red lettuce, spinach if enough citrate / calcium, green soup) you'll probably get problems with dysbiosis, soon or later. Unbalanced microbiote. Mind transit (stools) and MMC.
As I suppose your don't eat meat (not seen in your menu), tell how is your digestion: gas / flatulence / transit & frequency of faeces.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals