How much should I be eating?

Cloudhands

How much more should a young man be eating than a woman in general? Would you say about 400 more calories?
it varies greatly, on average maybe 2-600, but i suggest each individual figure out their own metabolic rate by tracking fat loss or gain and how much theyve been eating

OP
P

Peatness

This was posted a while back on another thread.

Jennifer

Thank you for sharing the test kit you used, @Rinse & rePeat. I did a quick search and supposedly, if I call the lab where I get my blood work done, they should be able to tell me my blood type.

@Rinse & rePeat, I found it! I was just looking through some old blood work and saw AB at the top. Our diets are so similar but if I remember correctly, your blood type is O?

InChristAlone

I've been thinking about this because if I let my appetite decide I'd be eating 1400 calories but I know I need about 1700. And even that I always feel like is too low, but no matter how much I force myself to eat more I always end up at 1700-1800 when I'm doing well. When I was in burnout and very skinny I needed 3,000.

@Rinse & rePeat, I found it! I was just looking through some old blood work and saw AB at the top. Our diets are so similar but if I remember correctly, your blood type is O?
Yes mine is O blood type. Figured you would have the rarest blood type! Did you read up on your blood type yet?

“Type AB- is the rarest of all the blood types, with just 1% of the population having it. AB- donors are the universal plasma and platelet donor, meaning any patient can receive their plasma and platelets”

Jennifer

Yes mine is O blood type. Figured you would have the rarest blood type! Did you read up on your blood type yet?

“Type AB- is the rarest of all the blood types, with just 1% of the population having it. AB- donors are the universal plasma and platelet donor, meaning any patient can receive their plasma and platelets”

Interesting! I hadn’t read up on it, but I just did a quick search and saw this food chart for ABs:

It appears my ice cream addiction is harmful. lol

Interesting! I hadn’t read up on it, but I just did a quick search and saw this food chart for ABs:

It appears my ice cream addiction is harmful. lol
I am surprised about the beef, oysters and gelatin too being harmful to your blood-type, all of which are good for my blood type. I have balanced my blood type fairly well with Ray Peat principles. Right now I have traded a good portion of my milk for fresh mozzarella, as a better compromise lately. I think I might have to start making it myself with my raw milk. I have only done that one other time.

Apple

What blood type does Ray Peat have ? just cuorious

Jennifer

I am surprised about the beef, oysters and gelatin too being harmful to your blood-type, all of which are good for my blood type. I have balanced my blood type fairly well with Ray Peat principles. Right now I have traded a good portion of my milk for fresh mozzarella, as a better compromise lately. I think I might have to start making it myself with my raw milk. I have only done that one other time.

That’s great that you’ve been able to balance it with Peat principles, since I know the blood type diet has helped you. I love fresh mozzarella! It’s my favorite cheese. I was consuming 8 oz of it daily, up until last week when I started mono dieting on homemade ice cream. In my world, tough times call for ice cream. lol

That’s great that you’ve been able to balance it with Peat principles, since I know the blood type diet has helped you. I love fresh mozzarella! It’s my favorite cheese. I was consuming 8 oz of it daily, up until last week when I started mono dieting on homemade ice cream. In my world, tough times call for ice cream. lol
Aww that makes me happy to think you are eating mozzarella cheese because of me! I have been having the fresh mozzarella, rinsed, salted and then topped with lots of lingonberry jam. It tastes like Christmas!

I love a mono diet, I have talked about their effectiveness for losing weight, which I know you don’t need, but I love how easy they make the day, not having to think about food and how i get to eat my favorite meal all day long. I may just have orange Julius all day long today!

Jennifer

Aww that makes me happy to think you are eating mozzarella cheese because of me! I have been having the fresh mozzarella, rinsed, salted and then topped with lots of lingonberry jam. It tastes like Christmas!

I love a mono diet, I have talked about their effectiveness for losing weight, which I know you don’t need, but I love how easy they make the day, not having to think about food and how i get to eat my favorite meal all day long. I may just have orange Julius all day long today!

Oh, I’m not currently eating mozzarella. I had been eating it for months, up until last week. I got in the habit of having it because I make my dad homemade pizza with fresh mozzarella and always end up with a few ounces leftover that need to be eaten. I’ll have to try it your way with salt and lingonberry jam. Do you make your own? The closest to lingonberry I have are cranberries, but I think I can get the D’arbo brand at the market. I also want to make orange curd.

I love the ease of mono diets, too. Not as easy as a mono milk, fruit or meat diet, but I just mix up a base of raw milk, raw cream, raw egg yolks, raw cane juice crystals or apple sugar, and vanilla bean powder, pour it into ice cube trays and freeze it overnight, and the next day, when I go to make some ice cream, I just toss the cubes in my Vitamix with some frozen berries or frozen peaches and blend it into a soft serve. In the future, I’d like to get the Ninja CREAMi.

Oh, I’m not currently eating mozzarella. I had been eating it for months, up until last week. I got in the habit of having it because I make my dad homemade pizza with fresh mozzarella and always end up with a few ounces leftover that need to be eaten. I’ll have to try it your way with salt and lingonberry jam. Do you make your own? The closest to lingonberry I have are cranberries, but I think I can get the D’arbo brand at the market. I also want to make orange curd.

I love the ease of mono diets, too. Not as easy as a mono milk, fruit or meat diet, but I just mix up a base of raw milk, raw cream, raw egg yolks, raw cane juice crystals or apple sugar, and vanilla bean powder, pour it into ice cube trays and freeze it overnight, and the next day, when I go to make some ice cream, I just toss the cubes in my Vitamix with some frozen berries or frozen peaches and blend it into a soft serve. In the future, I’d like to get the Ninja CREAMi.

I have made homemade mozzarella once, early last year, with raw whole milk. I am thinking I wanna start making it more regularly. It is expensive though, especially throwing away all the whey. I gotta think on that one.

I like your ice cream idea! I do the same thing freezing milk in ice cube trays and then making an orange Julius with fresh orange juice, vanilla and sugar, or lately your raw white Wendall Estate honey. I bought 8 more tubs of that honey last week! It is one of my most important staples!

Cloudhands

dude...i think i want a ninja creami. We could make orange juice milk collagen icecream with loads of salt....

Jennifer

I have made homemade mozzarella once, early last year, with raw whole milk. I am thinking I wanna start making it more regularly. It is expensive though, especially throwing away all the whey. I gotta think on that one.

I like your ice cream idea! I do the same thing freezing milk in ice cube trays and then making an orange Julius with fresh orange juice, vanilla and sugar, or lately your raw white Wendall Estate honey. I bought 8 more tubs of that honey last week! It is one of my most important staples!

Apologies for not being clear. I was asking if you make your own lingonberry jam? But I’m impressed you’ve made mozzarella before. The expense is why I stopped making my own curds. It’s a lot cheaper for me to buy raw cheese from Buffalo Valley Pastures online.

That’s a great idea! I have the authentic Orange Julius recipe and it calls for plain ice, but I like your idea of using frozen milk so I’m going to give it a try. When it comes to WE honey, I’m having to live vicariously through you so I’m glad you’re enjoying it. :)

dude...i think i want a ninja creami. We could make orange juice milk collagen icecream with loads of salt....

Mmm…like a Peaty creamsicle. Yum! We could also experiment with adding things like gummy bears, marshmallows, salted caramels and maybe even shredded carrot—a carrot cake flavored ice cream? We could even make our own Magic Shell using chocolate and coconut oil:

Apologies for not being clear. I was asking if you make your own lingonberry jam? But I’m impressed you’ve made mozzarella before. The expense is why I stopped making my own curds. It’s a lot cheaper for me to buy raw cheese from Buffalo Valley Pastures online.

That’s a great idea! I have the authentic Orange Julius recipe and it calls for plain ice, but I like your idea of using frozen milk so I’m going to give it a try. When it comes to WE honey, I’m having to live vicariously through you so I’m glad you’re enjoying it. :)

Mmm…like a Peaty creamsicle. Yum! We could also experiment with adding things like gummy bears, marshmallows, salted caramels and maybe even shredded carrot—a carrot cake flavored ice cream? We could even make our own Magic Shell using chocolate and coconut oil:

I have no access to lingonberries, and even if I did I probably wouldn’t make jam. I get mine online from IKEA. I get their orange marmalade too, as I can’t find any other that is organic. Now I am gonna go look up your Buffalo Pastures website :)

Attachments

• F6AD3C7F-E382-4A7D-A431-F1944881577B.jpeg
    F6AD3C7F-E382-4A7D-A431-F1944881577B.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 12

Jennifer

I have no access to lingonberries, and even if I did I probably wouldn’t make jam. I get mine online from IKEA. I get their orange marmalade too, as I can’t find any other that is organic. Now I am gonna go look up your Buffalo Pastures website :)

Gotcha. Thank you for explaining and for the links. I get the Rigoni di Asiago brand because they use apple juice to sweeten their jams and I just looked and it appears they make a lingonberry one:

Here’s the website for Buffalo Valley Pastures:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals