How much of topical zinc (scalp) will go systemically?

Motif

i got a bottle of zinc sulphate.
I will mix it like zix but without b6

most important question :

How much of the topical zinc will go systemically ?

I already take zinc because it’s low in blood.I don’t want to get too high with it.

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

I already take zinc because it’s low in blood.I don’t want to get too high with it.
I understand you had low serum zinc levels in a test, have you tested you levels after zinc supplementation to see where they at now?
You could do that before using it topically and then later do another test later after you start the topical application, then you know what did to what and when.

edoos

i got a bottle of zinc sulphate.
I will mix it like zix but without b6

most important question :

How much of the topical zinc will go systemically ?

Why not using B6. I'm using Zinc + B6 and acid azelaic and can tell it do not do much on me

OP
M

Motif

@Gustav3Y good idea.

@edoos ? that’s why I don’t want to put any effort in it, cause I don’t think it will do much. But I got the zinc here and want to give it a try for a few months

Perry Staltic

It wasn't the scalp, so probably different absorption, but some denture wearers got zinc poisoning from using too much denture adhesive containing zinc. So IMO you're wise to be cautious.

OP
M

Motif

It wasn't the scalp, so probably different absorption, but some denture wearers got zinc poisoning from using too much denture adhesive containing zinc. So IMO you're wise to be cautious.

Thanks for that info!

but i would probably be safe when I do blood tests every few months, right ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals