How much of the 100 gram protein should be gelatin ?

Kasper

I'm wondering, how much of the 100 gram protein I eat daily should be in the form of gelatin ?
I've really no idea, I'm using the water soluble great lake gelatin (green one), and I thought about 20 gram or something daily.
One other thing, sometimes the gelatin doesn't seem to dissolve completely if I add milk/water or orange juice and I see big chuncks floating around in my solution.
Do you guys have the same problem ?

mas

To help with smoothness, try adding maybe 20% of your OJ (or whatever liquid) to the gelatin and whisk it well and then add in the rest of your fluid slowly while whisking.
Hope that helps!

north

IIRC I think Peat said he tested with 20g daily.
I use 50g per day, and my total protein is 160-170.

I remember someone claiming that anything over a tablespoon would be too much of a day's lead ration. This was according to levels written on the Great Lakes Gelatin tin.

Lin

Whoa! My can of Great Lakes Gelatin (green label) doesn't say anything about lead, nor does it have a California Prop. 65 label, which it should have if it has certain levels of toxins. The recommended dosage is one rounded tablespoon (10-12 gm) in the morning, and the same amount in the evening before going to bed. They say this will reduce appetite, hmmm... I hadn't noticed that before.

juanitacarlos

Kasper said:
I'm wondering, how much of the 100 gram protein I eat daily should be in the form of gelatin ?
I've really no idea, I'm using the water soluble great lake gelatin (green one), and I thought about 20 gram or something daily.
One other thing, sometimes the gelatin doesn't seem to dissolve completely if I add milk/water or orange juice and I see big chuncks floating around in my solution.
Do you guys have the same problem ?

I used to do about 50-60g per day, with no negative effects. Helped with digestion. I used to get acid reflux and it stopped that.

In my experience it never dissolves completely no matter how slow I put it in, but it never seemed to affect my digestion. To minimise clumping though, I sort of sprinkle it in and continuously stir.

Lin said:
Whoa! My can of Great Lakes Gelatin (green label) doesn't say anything about lead, nor does it have a California Prop. 65 label, which it should have if it has certain levels of toxins. The recommended dosage is one rounded tablespoon (10-12 gm) in the morning, and the same amount in the evening before going to bed. They say this will reduce appetite, hmmm... I hadn't noticed that before.

Is Gelatin worth the heavy metal contamination?

I only ever had NOW! foods gelatin. It's probably worse quality than great lakes!