How much of each substance do we need?

Velve921

I'm trying to find objective answers for what the body needs...I know everyone is different but I would at least like a baseline of measurements.

How much do we need of:

A, B, C, D, E, K vitamins?
Selenium, copper, magnesium, ca, zinc?
Limit of Starch, pufa, phosphorus, tryptophan?

I feel this could be a good thread for everyone to voice their input based on experience.

Let me know thoughts!

tara

Do you mean a baseline for maintenance for healthy people on a healthy diet or a baseline for people with sub-optimal health and/or severely deficient/toxic diet? If everyone is different, then what would count as a baseline? Do you mean the bare minimum that everyone needs to avoid deficiency symptoms?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hey Tara, Thank you for responding.

I'm thinking more of a baseline for a healthy individual. So for example, I have my athletes using cronometer...as I examine their macro/micronutrients I would like to have better guidelines on where they should be for an objective perspective.

So far the largest problems I see are:

Pufa intake is too high (15-20gs a day...I hear Ray likes no more than 6)
Ca:p ratio should be 1:1...most of my guys are 1:3.
Starch is 80-100 a day. My personal starch is now 2g a day.
Magnesium is low...so all of them have been doing epsom salt baths and coffee so magnesium is coming along well now.

These have probably been the largest markers I have used so far as to generally to understand the stressed state. As I have been correcting these 4 markers that I presented above the other vitamins and minerals have been falling in line and energy/sleep has improved.

However, understanding the amount of vitamins and minerals to a more particular I believe will beneficial to my understanding of more issues.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Strongbad

It depends on your gender, height, weight etc. I'd recommend cronometer (dot) com and it'll break it down for you based on your physical stats.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I use cronometer.com actually, that is how I monitor my athletes...but it does not give accurate percentages based on what I've learned so far.

For example, it says I only need 200 IU of vitamin D a day. Based on what I've read thats not even close to a standard intake.

kiran

Ewlevy1 said:
I use cronometer.com actually, that is how I monitor my athletes...but it does not give accurate percentages based on what I've learned so far.

For example, it says I only need 200 IU of vitamin D a day. Based on what I've read thats not even close to a standard intake.

You do realize that you can tweak the minimum and maximum values to your preference?
Just go to the nutrition report and click on Vitamin D.