How Much Meat Do You Eat?

DaveFoster

Actually I think BCAA's have been lowering both my brain serotonin AND dopamine, which is why I have felt so irritable and lackluster as of late. I am going to stop taking the BCAA's for sure as well as start to watch out for my endotoxin intake, because I havent been as on top of that lately.
I know caffeine doesn't sit well with you due to the PFS, but maybe something dopaminergic would help like aspirin.

If you don't take l-tyrosine with the BCAA's, I'd recommend that; if you do, maybe try upping your ratio of tyrosine:BCAA.

I don't do well on BCAA's or higher doses of cypro; they both sedate me and make me feel hot and lethargic, similar to thyroid. It took me a while to figure out that this isn't how people are supposed to feel.

Also, maybe nicotine, but there's the FFA.

Tenacity

I remember a sense of bliss when I first started Peating, but feelings like that have long since left me.

sladerunner69

I know caffeine doesn't sit well with you due to the PFS, but maybe something dopaminergic would help like aspirin.

If you don't take l-tyrosine with the BCAA's, I'd recommend that; if you do, maybe try upping your ratio of tyrosine:BCAA.

I don't do well on BCAA's or higher doses of cypro; they both sedate me and make me feel hot and lethargic, similar to thyroid. It took me a while to figure out that this isn't how people are supposed to feel.

Also, maybe nicotine, but there's the FFA.

Could you describe in further detail your thoughts and perspective on thyroid supplementation? T3/t4 users here tend to say they take thyroid ebcause it lifts their mood, keeps them warm and full of energy. It makes you feel lethargic though? I assume you are well fed when you use the thyroid right? If its not low blood sugar then maybe thyroid is somewhat estrogenic, as I heard some people complaining here and there that thyroid lowers the androgenic feeling.

FredSonoma

I am really surprised by these responses. Does anyone else eat considerably higher amounts of muscle meat than everyone else in this thread? I easily hit a 1/2 a pound every day, often 1 - 1.5 pounds. I don't think it causes issues but now I'm a bit worried. I find I'm the most calm when I eat plenty of beef and pork to craving.

Edit: Never mind, sorry, didn't see some other people said they were doing about 8 oz. a day.

L

lollipop

I am really surprised by these responses. Does anyone else eat considerably higher amounts of muscle meat than everyone else in this thread? I easily hit a 1/2 a pound every day, often 1 - 1.5 pounds. I don't think it causes issues but now I'm a bit worried. I find I'm the most calm when I eat plenty of beef and pork to craving.
I think it is highly individual @FredSonoma! If it is working for you, why stop? I use around 4 oz 3-5 days a week. Helps me a lot. Do not use gelatin - other ham making homemade fruit or coffee jello, it simply has not really fit into my daily very well. My coffee with half n half and honey is just soooo good and tasty, I do not want to mess with it :):

8oz of grass fed ground beef 4times a week. Also 2 eggs almost every day and 8oz liver once a week. So im probably getting plenty of phosphorus, tryp, methionine. Coffee doesnt always agree after meat, i think due to excess acid in my stomach. Im taking a few glasses of milk and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of eggshell/day to counteract the phosphorus and 2tbs of collagen hydrolysate/day to counteract methionine. I almost always eat cheese with meat and i always feel powerful after. Usually without starch and usually with plenty of oj or cocacola.

DaveFoster

Could you describe in further detail your thoughts and perspective on thyroid supplementation? T3/t4 users here tend to say they take thyroid ebcause it lifts their mood, keeps them warm and full of energy. It makes you feel lethargic though? I assume you are well fed when you use the thyroid right? If its not low blood sugar then maybe thyroid is somewhat estrogenic, as I heard some people complaining here and there that thyroid lowers the androgenic feeling.
I like to think of your metabolic state as a certain amount of credits; things that raise your heart rate/temp use up these. Let's say I use 16 mg cyproheptadine to get my heart rate up to 100 and temperature up to 99.0; I achieved my goal, but I might still feel depressed.

With caffeine, I can get my heart rate up to 90 and temp up to 98.6, and I feel good: better than I would feel at the same markers with cyproheptadine or even thyroid.

I think thyroid is best used if you need it; for me, caffeine and red light seems to be safer and easier to dose. Thyroid is notoriously hard to dose, and even then, you don't get the effects of caffeine, such as the increased attention/concentration (although improved, I would argue less so).

A. squamosa

I eat meat only every few days, and only once on that day (rather than at multiple meals). I do my best to have bony cuts, so stews etc. Lamb shank, osso bucco stews etc. You can add gelatin if you want, but if you cook it at a low temp for a few hours you get the gelatin and amino acids and so on along with the muscle meat.

sladerunner69

I like to think of your metabolic state as a certain amount of credits; things that raise your heart rate/temp use up these. Let's say I use 16 mg cyproheptadine to get my heart rate up to 100 and temperature up to 99.0; I achieved my goal, but I might still feel depressed.

With caffeine, I can get my heart rate up to 90 and temp up to 98.6, and I feel good: better than I would feel at the same markers with cyproheptadine or even thyroid.

I think thyroid is best used if you need it; for me, caffeine and red light seems to be safer and easier to dose. Thyroid is notoriously hard to dose, and even then, you don't get the effects of caffeine, such as the increased attention/concentration (although improved, I would argue less so).

Caffiene is accompanied by a "crash" or downswing where you lose a certain amount of energy and focus... I think even the serious caffiene advocates like Roddy and Peat acknowledge that it works with highs and lows like anything else does....

I do apprecaite what you said about credits that seems accurate enough to me, although I have never treid cypro or any of the dopamergenic drugs because I have been much more concerned with 5ar activity considering my pfs situation.

sladerunner69

Does low serotonin and high thyroid make you feel lackadaisical?

sladerunner69

Edit: Never mind, sorry, didn't see some other people said they were doing about 8 oz. a day.

So you ea tlots of gluten and muscle meat? And no dairy?

DaveFoster

Does low serotonin and high thyroid make you feel lackadaisical?
Pretty lethargic, yeah. I think it's the lowered dopamine from the cypro; I haven't tried thyroid without cypro.

DaveFoster

Do you have any personal recommendations regarding raising dopamine and lowering serotonin without any troublesome cross effects?
I like caffeine, personally. Caffeine, l-theanine, and small amounts (100 mcg) of methylene blue helps. Thiamine helps with mood, energy, and focus (300-500 mg x3/day), and niacinamide with anxiety.

sladerunner69

what is methylene blue like? I am worried to try something that is more commonly used as pond scum. I have some SOURCE NATURALS brand L-Theanine Serene tablets that I picked up from Lassen's on clearance, but when I tried them they seem to knock me out after sending me to a strange headspace. They also contain magnesium, copper, GABA (500mg) and holy basil extract however.

I know niacinimide helps with anxiety, but too large doses can make me feel too emotionally flat and a bit spaced out so I take a couple grams before bed and that is all. Gelatin is also crucial for sleep.

X3CyO

Personally in hawaii, most food in the store if its not local has some bs added to it, or the animals are fed grain/soy so if I drink milk, its sugared skim n coconut oil. If I eat meat, its oysters or canned tuna with gelatin and coconut oil (eat fresh before the locals mix in soy sauce and sesame oil).

Currently working with pea protein mainly atm right now for past two months; no meat.

Most foods these days dont fit the peat view unless made at home from individual ingredients. Most food sources are fed cheap fattening pufas. Most processed food contains it too. Hell. Even my mountain dew has vegetable oil in it. What the ****.

Personally just doing the vegan thing cause you cant win until local foods come back with force.

Id rather ingest heavy metals through plants, and then chelate them out through coffee and activated charcoal. Its just routine now.

TheHound

anyone else eating large quantities of meat daily? I'm thinking of adding one pound of fairly lean group beef daily just to bulk hard for maybe two months or so. my calcium to phosphorus ratio would still be almost equal at this and I'd just add a bit of gelatin I guess

tyler

anyone else eating large quantities of meat daily? I'm thinking of adding one pound of fairly lean group beef daily just to bulk hard for maybe two months or so. my calcium to phosphorus ratio would still be almost equal at this and I'd just add a bit of gelatin I guess
I eat a large serving of meat or seafood daily. Its a really good way for me to get minerals. I find I have a hard time getting them if I am just eating dairy as my main protein source.
Always at least 6oz, sometimes way more. The meat is usually a gelatinous cut though. I eat it with cheese or some sort of dairy, and take a serving of bcaa with it to be safe.

lvysaur

I think meat is a must, but only in small quantities. I find it the most satisfying with lots of rice and coconut oil.

Simply drinking juice with meat, without a starch, doesn't really make me feel as good. Maybe the juice simply doesn't provide enough carbs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals