How Much Liver Is Too Much?

EIRE24

I'm wondering how much liver is too much? I usually buy beef liver and eat it all in one day, not sure how much it is weight wise but I was guess maybe 200 grams raw weight? I love the taste but wonder if the Vitamin A or other vitamins are something to worry about blocking thyroid as I know Ray says that Vitamin A can have this affect?

OP
E

EIRE24

Also, I have experienced feelings of sickness and headaches after eating liver, is this due to the vitamin A? I eat it mainly for my acne

raypeatclips

I only know about Rays recommendations which is 1-4 times a month at around 120 grams I believe. I have felt nauseous after liver before and also had strong heartburn, but both don't happen every time. I'd try eat less than 200 grams at a time that does seem pretty high. Experiment with a few things, try different animals livers, different amounts, different accompanying foods.

OP
E

EIRE24

I only know about Rays recommendations which is 1-4 times a month at around 120 grams I believe. I have felt nauseous after liver before and also had strong heartburn, but both don't happen every time. I'd try eat less than 200 grams at a time that does seem pretty high. Experiment with a few things, try different animals livers, different amounts, different accompanying foods.
Yes I ate it with some white rice and a few well cooked veggies maybe it could have been hypoglycemia too? Also maybe I am too hypo to handle liver? All thoughts

Ray recommends no more than 6oz per week. We asked him. Less if your needs are low, but no more liver than that. If you need more A, supplement it, but Nutrisorb is out of stock atm.

OP
E

EIRE24

Ray recommends no more than 6oz per week. We asked him. Less if your needs are low, but no more liver than that. If you need more A, supplement it, but Nutrisorb is out of stock atm.
Well I am not sure what my vitamin A needs are. I have acne, nothing major but it is annoying so I try to eat liver to clear it up. Maybe I need some thyroid to be able to handle more vitamin A

raypeatclips

Yes I ate it with some white rice and a few well cooked veggies maybe it could have been hypoglycemia too? Also maybe I am too hypo to handle liver? All thoughts

Possibly yeah that is quite a lot of protein as well unless you're having a lot of rice you might simply have had too much protein at once in relation to carbs. Maybe your negative symptoms are your body's way of telling you you're having too much liver? It is quite a unique food. I usually stop eating liver when it starts to taste nasty to me, rather than force it down. I usually eat around 80-100 grams before it starts tasting unappealing.

OP
E

EIRE24

Possibly yeah that is quite a lot of protein as well unless you're having a lot of rice you might simply have had too much protein at once in relation to carbs. Maybe your negative symptoms are your body's way of telling you you're having too much liver? It is quite a unique food. I usually stop eating liver when it starts to taste nasty to me, rather than force it down. I usually eat around 80-100 grams before it starts tasting unappealing.
Well I actually had more carbs than liver, I was thinking the rice with the lean protein would have digested rapidly?

Thats the strange thing I am craving more liver?

raypeatclips

Well I actually had more carbs than liver, I was thinking the rice with the lean protein would have digested rapidly?

Thats the strange thing I am craving more liver?

Are you eating low fat in general? I felt awful eating as low fat as I could, I think because of the harsh blood sugar spikes then drops. Eating more fat solves this issue

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals