How Much Fat Do You Guys Eat Per Day?

octaviankid

MightyFall said:
octaviankid said:

Gary Taubes is celebrating somewhere.

I prefer to stay moderate/low fat. Fruits are more nutrient-dense and are good energy sources. An egg or two a day, maybe a steak every now and then. I'd say 20-30g. Some days lower.

You could try adding more starches. You don't have to strictly follow Peat guidelines. Throw in a potato, some white rice. Make your meals palatable, over time you'll adapt and your body will be able to handle liquids.

The thought of eating another steak or any form of saturated fat made me gag after low carb. It is restrictive and challenging, and butter is nothing to rave about.

lol

Yeah coming form a high carb low fat vegan diet, I was extremely cold all the time and so I think fat has really helped warm me up. It may seem high, but it's around 25% of total calories. I usually get in 100g protein, 500g carbs, 90g fat a day.

mt_dreams

Dutchie said:
Charlie said:
Filip1993 said:
Have you tried sushi rice? I don't tolerate starches in general, but white sushi rice seems just fine.
What's the difference between sushi rice and regular white rice?

I have been eating some white rice lately. I really enjoy it and it doesnt seem to cause too much problems with me.

On the Kickas forum I've read that sushi rice/sticky rice is higher in Amylopectin compared to other rice types,which should make it easier to digest and thus be less food for gutbacteria.

Shushi rice/sticky rice/sweet rice is considered short grain. White rice is also available in medium (Basmati is usually medium) and long grain. The longer the grain, the more starch the grain will have. The high amylopectin in short rice is easily broken down by amylase produced in proper chewing. Many Asian cultures utilize congee (short grain) when a illness or digestive issue is present due to its easy digestion. Also any rice which has been coked and cooled (in fridge, or parboiled like basmasti) will yield more resistant starch than eating without it being cooled. You will get less sugar conversion from the starch when it's cooled. Although there's many people jumping on the resistant starch bandwagon due to its abilities to feed your large colons gut baceria & regulate fasting blood sugar levels, I'm sure Ray would advise to get the least amount of resistant starch as possible.

aquaman

at the moment i'm aiming for 10-15 grams of fat per meal, 5-6 meals per day. 3500-4000 calories per day

I can eat 600-1000 calories of cooked bananas with some added sugar and butter in about 10 minutes (say 80% calories from carbs). Cooking them helps with digestion and removes the water. I make a big batch which is about 10 bananas (roughly 250 grams of carbs), add 80grams of sugar, ~40 grams of fat. That's 1300 ish cals from carbs, and 350 from fat, a small amount of protein.

Eat half of this with some strained greek yoghurt (200 grams) and you'd smash down a serious chunk of your daily macros in 10 mins.

max219

Aquaman, try mashing those cooked bananas and adding some sugar and gelatin, then putting in the fridge. It turns to a really sloppy banana pudding haha. It tastes awesome.

J1000

I sometimes buy OJ concentrate and doesnt mix it with water, usually days when i workout to get a lot of kcal. It basically gives me 100g sugar in 2dl of OJ conc. Sometimes i use it with 50g gelatin and make OJ gummy candy.

I can easily down 3L of milk per day if i take it like 0,5 L at a time now and then and have at least one meal of solid foods per day. Makes the liquid problem go away for me. I get 3500 kcal on my workout days. Those days i sometimes make gummy/candy with OJ concentrate not mixed with water, only concentrate and 50g gelatin. gives me 100g carb, 50g protein in a tiny amount of easily eaten snack. Sometimes i mix down 50g suger in it aswall to up kcal post workout.

I get about 30/40g coconut oil per day - whatever is in my lowfat milk or meat etc.

arinryan

I do well on high fat, but of course its hard to make sure its all saturated. The majority of calories for me come from butterfat and coconut oil, I just cook everything in tons of it. My second most favorite diet guru is Dr. Kwasniewski. I know he and RP don't agree on everything, but there is some commonality with them (both love saturated fat and non-muscle animal protein).

kreeese

I play with fat daily depending on the results I want I recently have gotten into heavy weight training all the classic barbell movements weighted pullups dips etc. Amazing way to exercise! so I notice if I try to keep fats really low like 30 to 50 grams etc its the same as low carb! meaning trying to restrict a macro! also I feel trying to get protein in at a high level like 180 to 200 grams for me its impossible to get the protein in without the fat...they go together of course...so now i shoot for 80 to 110 grams a day of fat and that will come naturally if calories are 3000 or so but whats been fun is raising my carbs and getting leaner...

Reaper242xx

Back when I was weight lifting hardcore I ate a hypercaloric diet, somewhere around 3,500 calories a day. So, suffice to say, I ate a good amount of fat. About 800 calories from protein, 1,000 calories from fat, and around 1,400 to 1,500 calories of carbohydrates. Despite getting 1,000 calories from fat I was still keeping my PUFA intake at or below 70 calories per day. So I didn't experience anything negative. If you stick to coconut oil, butter, dairy fat, and occasionally beef & lamb tallow this shouldn't be a problem. Egg yolks and oysters were the highest concentrations of PUFA in my diet. Still are, but I've drastically cut back on weight lifting and about 1/4th of my total caloric intake, mostly from fat (little bit from protein).

kreeese

Back when I was weight lifting hardcore I ate a hypercaloric diet, somewhere around 3,500 calories a day. So, suffice to say, I ate a good amount of fat. About 800 calories from protein, 1,000 calories from fat, and around 1,400 to 1,500 calories of carbohydrates. Despite getting 1,000 calories from fat I was still keeping my PUFA intake at or below 70 calories per day. So I didn't experience anything negative. If you stick to coconut oil, butter, dairy fat, and occasionally beef & lamb tallow this shouldn't be a problem. Egg yolks and oysters were the highest concentrations of PUFA in my diet. Still are, but I've drastically cut back on weight lifting and about 1/4th of my total caloric intake, mostly from fat (little bit from protein).
nice hows your weight bodyfat percentge etc? thanks

Reaper242xx

nice hows your weight bodyfat percentge etc? thanks
I'm 6'4 and weigh 218 lbs. My bodyfat is 17% last time I checked. Like I said, I've laid off on weight lifting here recently. The only exercise I get is one set of pushups when I wake up every morning and a 1 mile walk in the evenings when I get time. I had good successes in the gym, but due to changing jobs I just don't have the time to hit it as frequently anymore. Plus if you're trying to build muscle you got to keep calorie intake high, I got tired of eating extra meals. I still lift on the weekends occasionally.