How much do you pee per day?

tastyfood

Serious question.

Urine output is a good indicator for cortisol levels. It can be used to gauge the state of metabolism as well. I just took a 24 hour sample to Labcorp. The amount this time was 2.1L.

I have struggled with large urine daily outputs for years. Frequent urination is really uncomfortable. One time, the 3L bottle for the 24 urine sample wasn't enough for me.

The challenge is that I drink a ton of milk, plus orange juice. With large liquid intake, how can one pee less than 2L per 24h?

I've tried to increase magnesium, thyroid, salt, taurine, in order to pee less.

What's everyone experience? Have you ever measured?

Thank you!

JamesGatz

I pee twice a day and my urine tends to be on the darker side of yellow - I can't recall exactly how this works but if I remember correctly if you are drinking too much, the prostate will enlarge due to PTH giving a sensation that you always have to go - I think a good indication that urine is looking good is the frequency and color: if it's frequent and on the clearer side I believe this becomes a problem

How much I drink strongly depends on the climate - if I am living in 80-90 degree sunny weather - I can easily drink liquids and fruit all day - however, in any other season/climate - I would immediately become hypometabolic if I attempted to do that - hence why I eat a lot of starch and focus on keeping a clean digestion - even though starch doesn't seem to be too popular - I definitely believe some are hurting their metabolism and androgens by forcing down liquid/fruit when their body is unable to handle it.

Vileplume

Kate Deering (a student of Ray Peat who wrote a book about his dietary principles) said 5-7 times per day is a healthy number, but I’m usually over that.

Usually I’m around 8-9 times per day, but if something doesn’t digest well for me, or irritates me in some unknown way, I will pee up to 15 times in a day. Coconut water does this, as does drinking too much of any cold liquid, and digestive problems cause it too.

I’ve had issues with frequent urination since my IBS started almost 15 years ago. In college, I would always pee my bed when I got too drunk, a problem none of my friends had.

I notice that when I pee less, when my pee stream has a strong easy flow, and when it’s darker—I feel better. Usually though, this isn’t the case for me.

One possible cause of frequent peeing is that our bodies aren’t producing enough heat to evaporate the liquids we drink. Do you take your body temperature?

Also, if you don’t warm your milk before drinking, try it out. Warm liquids cause less urination than cold liquids, in my experience.

Phosphor

Your main ingestion of liquid is two things I will not ingest for health reasons. Try WATER.

Herbie

Ray said that liquid intake to urine output is a good way to gauge metabolic rate.

He spelled it out that drinking water can be stressful and basically its useless because unlike milk and oj it's void of any nutrition.

Ulysses

My need for water and my urine volume both decreased dramatically after I did a parasite cleanse. Of course, I was concurrently taking a milk thistle based liver supplement, so that could have helped too.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

One possible cause of frequent peeing is that our bodies aren’t producing enough heat to evaporate the liquids we drink. Do you take your body temperature?
Yes. Constantly. My temps are good thanks to thyroid supplementation.

I pee twice a day and my urine tends to be on the darker side of yellow

Oh man, peeing twice per day would be a dream. You must not be drinking much!

Ray said that liquid intake to urine output is a good way to gauge metabolic rate.

He spelled it out that drinking water can be stressful and basically its useless because unlike milk and oj it's void of any nutrition.
Exactly! He said water just flushes out your nutrition before you can use it and replaces it with nothing.

Yes. Constantly. My temps are good thanks to thyroid supplementation.

Oh man, peeing twice per day would be a dream. You must not be drinking much!
I only pee a about three to four times a day and NEVER get up in the night to go. Everyone I know excuses them constantly to go the bathroom, and many go two to three times in just one restaurant visit. I am glad I never have to use a public toilet ?

TheCodez

I pee at least once per hour all night long. Not just a little either. It's terribly annoying and probably not helping my health either.

FitnessMike

I pee at least once per hour all night long. Not just a little either. It's terribly annoying and probably not helping my health either.
I think some of us might be abusing cortisol-lowering supplements, my pulse decrease, and urination frequency increase i believe when take too much cypro/aspirine/vit E, etc.

i will test dropping part of stress-reducing supplements in coming days/weeks

amd

Progesterone is diuretic, was waiting for RP to say something about it and finally did on a recent interview.

"Histamine can also increase the sensitivity of afferent nerves to the bladder through the H1 receptor, resulting in bladder allergy and excessive contraction."

Vanset

I think some of us might be abusing cortisol-lowering supplements, my pulse decrease, and urination frequency increase i believe when take too much cypro/aspirine/vit E, etc.

i will test dropping part of stress-reducing supplements in coming days/weeks
Have you measured your blood pressure?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Progesterone is diuretic, was waiting for RP to say something about it and finally did on a recent interview.

"Histamine can also increase the sensitivity of afferent nerves to the bladder through the H1 receptor, resulting in bladder allergy and excessive contraction."

How's progesterone related to the quote though? Progesterone doesn't increase histamine does it?

Back
Top Bottom