How Much DHEA Is Safe Daily?

Luis aguilar

Good morning folks, Im curious, how much DHEA is safe to take orally per day?

I remember Haidut say no more than 5mg at a time or else it may become estrogenic, but what if we wait a few hours, can we ingest yet again or just stick with 5mg daily dose?

One last add on, is DHEA powder soluable in coconut oil? I purchased a powder seemed like a great deal but now Im tryna dissolve it

Thank you

Frankdee20

I remember Haidut say no more than 5mg at a time or else it may become estrogenic, but what if we wait a few hours, can we ingest yet again or just stick with 5mg daily dose?

One last add on, is DHEA powder soluable in coconut oil? I purchased a powder seemed like a great deal but now Im tryna dissolve it

Thank you

Up to 10-15 daily in divided doses and I have seen that mentioned on this forum

rebuke

Kind of related question. Does the DSMO in Magnoil increase the absorption of steroids like DHEA if applied to the same area? I am taking 3-5mg DHEA + 4-5 drops magnoil on the inner arm. Am I effectively getting 30-50mg DHEA?

sladerunner69

Yeah max for an averaged size man would be 15 mg per day, taking no more than 5mg in each dose. There are people who get estrogenic effects from doses as small as 1mg which I've seen, though that is very rare.

It's funny how most capsules sold have 50mg or 100mg, which is clearly too much.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Yeah max for an averaged size man would be 15 mg per day, taking no more than 5mg in each dose. There are people who get estrogenic effects from doses as small as 1mg which I've seen, though that is very rare.

It's funny how most capsules sold have 50mg or 100mg, which is clearly too much.
Yea I actually purchase a bottle of DHEA pills at 100mg each, Im just tryna dissolve the contents and maybe take a few drops to get 5mg total, just wondering if coconut oil is a good solvent for DHEA

sladerunner69

Yea I actually purchase a bottle of DHEA pills at 100mg each, Im just tryna dissolve the contents and maybe take a few drops to get 5mg total, just wondering if coconut oil is a good solvent for DHEA

Yes it will work to dissolve it, but it isnt as good for topical application because it doesn't deliver through the skin as well as say, alcohol, or the SFA esters in haidut's products.

cjm

Thank you

From personal experience, I would urge caution with too frequent or too high doses.

I had gotten used to tolerating 5-10mg a day, with an equal amount of Androsterone and about 5 times as much progesterone, along these lines, but I like to push things and looked up studies to find the highest dose used.

Can you guess how much was used? I was shocked because my experience with 25mg (+125mg progesterone + 25 mg androsterone) was insomnia for a few days and chest pain.

1600mg.

Make sure to review the Suppversity link @bradley posted. Supp says anything over 100mg DHEA is dangerous. Aromatization is a real thing and some people can't tolerate even a drop of DHEA.

Less is more! I think the trick is to be consistent over time with lower dosages but hey, YMMV and YOLO.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

From personal experience, I would urge caution with too frequent or too high doses.

I had gotten used to tolerating 5-10mg a day, with an equal amount of Androsterone and about 5 times as much progesterone, along these lines, but I like to push things and looked up studies to find the highest dose used.

Can you guess how much was used? I was shocked because my experience with 25mg (+125mg progesterone + 25 mg androsterone) was insomnia for a few days and chest pain.

1600mg.

Make sure to review the Suppversity link @bradley posted. Supp says anything over 100mg DHEA is dangerous. Aromatization is a real thing and some people can't tolerate even a drop of DHEA.

Less is more! I think the trick is to be consistent over time with lower dosages but hey, YMMV and YOLO.
ill stick with under 10mg then but start off at 5 :9

cjm

ill stick with under 10mg then but start off at 5 :9

Word. Keep us posted. Don't sweat it if you're not getting the results you want after a few weeks, it might not be what you need. Do you mind sharing what your goals are?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Is it fine for a woman, aged 44 to take 10mg daily of DHEA, as long as my DHEA and other hormone serum levels stay within a healthy range? I’ve taken 10mg DHEA once a day, for years. I attached my most recent blood results.

Attachments

• BDDE1355-7F9A-4798-909B-F42D6AAD1A3F.jpeg
    BDDE1355-7F9A-4798-909B-F42D6AAD1A3F.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 47

Beastmode

Peat suggested 5 mg per day for a 41 year old male is a safe range.

I've done up to 15 mg per day in divided doses of 5 mg, but I think if you're doing all the supportive metabolic stuff, maybe the higher range isn't as necessary.

Frankdee20

Can one take some Examastane alongside DHEA to ensure there’s no estrogen conversion ?

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Word. Keep us posted. Don't sweat it if you're not getting the results you want after a few weeks, it might not be what you need. Do you mind sharing what your goals are?
Well I have what closely resembles a melanoma growth, Peat said DHEA is helpful in treating these (conversion of it into DHT?) So I was just wondering how much of this I can take before it starts becoming harmful

shine

I take 50mg preg + 5mg DHEA two times daily, morning and evening. Great effects in terms of mood and building muscle.

sladerunner69

Can one take some Examastane alongside DHEA to ensure there’s no estrogen conversion ?
I personally would take an AI like that because of the potential side effects. Instead I would just take vitamin E, aspirin, and safer anti-estrogens. Even taking too many vitamins can lead me to low-e symptoms.

Frankdee20

I personally would take an AI like that because of the potential side effects. Instead I would just take vitamin E, aspirin, and safer anti-estrogens. Even taking too many vitamins can lead me to low-e symptoms.

I am using about 6mgs, maybe every other day...

Frankdee20

How do you like it? I suppose as long as you aren't getting the supposed low-e symptoms of achy joints, tiredness, low libido, then you should be fine.

Well, I just got it yesterday in liquid form, and assuming 20 drops equal 1 ML, and it’s 25MG per ML, I’m guessing 1 drop is about 1.25 MG.... Took 5 drops yesterday and 4 today, so that’s about 12.5 MG... I won’t take anymore this week because pharmaceuticals are to be treaded lightly..... Can’t notice much as of yet, but I have also started the Pansterone and Androsterone.... I do about 4 drops daily of the Pansterone and occasionally take the Androsterone.... At least I don’t have to worry much about Estrogen from that Pansterone..... The last time I checked my E2 was in 2019 and it was about 40 ish..... My T levels suck

Energizer

DHEA
It's very common for people in their forties to become deficient in both pregnenolone and DHEA, but occasionally it happens in younger people, usually because of an imbalance of thyroid and estrogen. In women, too much DHEA can have a masculinizing effect, so it's best to work on the diet, or to use pregnenolone, which doesn't lead to an imbalance between progesterone and DHEA, since it turns into either, according to need.

Ten milligrams of DHEA is pretty safe for men, the most common side effects are pimples, oily skin, and sex dreams.

If your thyroid is very low, you should be cautious with the DHEA, because stress hormones can cause it to turn to estrogen. 5 mg of DHEA taken with a little olive oil or butter can have a noticeable effect on your mood and muscle tone in a few hours.

[Oral or topical use?] Orally.

[DHEA, type 1 diabetic] If thyroid function is good, and inflammation is low, about 5 mg of DHEA is probably safe, but I think pregnenolone and cynomel would probably be as effective.

[15mg DHEA and 5mg testosterone every day for a woman?] DHEA and testosterone at those doses are likely to grow whiskers. 5 mg. of testosterone is about ten times what a woman produces in a day, and is about what a muscular young man produces. (Reference)

[Dosage] Its production decreases fairly steadily with age, from a daily maximum of 12 to 15 mg in the teens, to nearly zero at 90, so supplements of 5 to 10 milligrams are usually safe for middle aged people.

[Conversion to estrogen] Thyroid and other antiinflammatory things (even aspirin) help to prevent conversion to estrogen.

[Would a ratio of 2:1 (pregnenolone : DHEA) help mitigate DHEA conversion to estrogen, given no more than 15 mg of DHEA is ingested in a day?] Yes, I think pregnenolone can protect against stress and conversion of DHEA to estrogen; larger quantities would be o.k.

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki