How Much Carrot

superGrover

The size of carrots vary a lot. I eat a pretty large carrot a day, but I think it's too much. Does anyone know how many grams/lbs Ray means?

Lurker

Try the ones with the greens still attached. They tend to be smaller and more tender.

theLaw

Why do you think it is too much? Not all fiber is the same. Peat has mentioned a "cup full" of carrot before in an email to me.

+1

He mentions the same in one of the herb doctor's episode.

I would take it with the coconut oil/mct + vinegar for full effect.

Also, the oil might keep the carrot and vinegar from disturbing the intestinal wall if it's compromised. Raw carrot alone has been uncomfortable for me in the past.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Why do you think it is too much? Not all fiber is the same. Peat has mentioned a "cup full" of carrot before in an email to me.
Because my skin gets kind of orange, and that could be a marker of not enough conversion to vit A from beta carotene. I read that it's not good to take too much when you're hypothyroid, and I have symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Really, a cup full? I'm going to check how much it is I take from now on.

Thank you so much for your clips on YT by the way!

Also, the oil might keep the carrot and vinegar from disturbing the intestinal wall if it's compromised. Raw carrot alone has been uncomfortable for me in the past.
Hmm, I most of the time eat it on my way to work in the car. Maybe I can think of some method to cleanly be able to eat it with coconut oil in the car. I really dislike vinegar though.
I listened to a lot of the episodes already, but it's a lot to take in for me. I'll get there, eventually.

theLaw

Because my skin gets kind of orange, and that could be a marker of not enough conversion to vit A from beta carotene. I read that it's not good to take too much when you're hypothyroid, and I have symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Really, a cup full? I'm going to check how much it is I take from now on.

Thank you so much for your clips on YT by the way!

Hmm, I most of the time eat it on my way to work in the car. Maybe I can think of some method to cleanly be able to eat it with coconut oil in the car. I really dislike vinegar though.
I listened to a lot of the episodes already, but it's a lot to take in for me. I'll get there, eventually.

A someone who hates carrot salad, I usually just eat a carrot, wash it down with soda, then take a shot of vinegar followed immediately by mct oil.

Lurker

I also usually just eat the carrot and take a shot of the dressing (EVOO/MCT/ACV with salt and garlic powder). I don’t mind eating the salad but the shredding operation is a hassle.

tara

I have had to grate and rinse raw carrots if I'm to tolerate eating them everyday.
The grating takes time, I know, and that's why I don't always get around to it. I think eating the carrot is more important than the dressing, but if you are getting orange skin, then rinsing might be important too.

NFF

But why does it work?!?!?

Being hypothyroid gives you low stomach acid, SIBO & constipation. The last is my nightmare. I've tried senna tea, psyllium, flax, prunes, glycerin - all the usual, which at best have intermittent effect.

I was very skeptical of this carrot thing - why would it be different than any other veggie? - and so for 2 days ate 90 grams of fresh organic carrot in olive oil with salt. I always put raw ACV with the mother in my water, so I drank that after.

First day, no result. Second day - bingo. Perfect Bristol 4, no hassle, no cramping, no pain, no strain.

Didn't believe it so I skipped 2 days. Disaster. A lot of cramps & pain.

Ate some for lunch and just 2 hours later - bingo. All good again.

What is it about the carrots? Pub Med doesn't give me any useful info. Ty!

L

Lord Cola

+1

Do you happen to remember which episode?

L

Lord Cola

How much do the forum members eat? I ended up eating about half a cup a day. Don't know if that's too little in the long run.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals