How Much Aspirin In One Day

SonOfEurope

I see clear effect already from 125mg, it makes me crave sugar. 250mg is also good, 500mg feels like wasting, but i must try larger "medicinal doses" some day. I have never had the slightest issue from these doses.

I don't advice MASSIVE doses at once.

On occasion after a long and inflammatory day of work, in winter with the cursed darkness, I take 1,300 mg to 1,625mg (with Some k2)... Right after a few bananas and a glass of orange juice for potassium and vitamin C. Then a warm bath...

My experience - Macho paradise for a few hours, all inflammation goes down, extremely calm and in control.... A very deep relaxation of the nervous system in which you even view things slower yet are fully in control of everything around you.

I always imagined High Testosterone feeling just like that.

SonOfEurope

Please NEVER exceed 1.6 gram at once, I'd say 1.3 gram... I can handle 1.6 because I'm a big guy of 180cm, 87-kgs with very good liver and kidney function plus I always take it with food. Stick to 1.3 gram (4 tablets) at once MAXIMUM.

Experienced

Mostly good, almost entirely good depending on which angle you see it from.

I have noticed increased urination from large doses and I always eat meat (some) on every meal, usually gelatinous cuts.

Aspirin, even in large doses, will be better handled by the kidneys if you maintain proper body PH.
Okay ty

Mauritio

Whats the dose that thins the blood at least?

I read low doses and higher doses do, low dose I guess would he around 75mg and high dose 1g or more.
So maybe 250mg hits the sweet spot ?

MayaPapaya

The upper limit for me is about 20 325mg pills. Yes, 20!!KA-BLAMO :bomb:!!!! let that one sink in for a sec...

Pure aspirin is actually generally safe, as Dr. Peat's research has shown. Some individuals, especially cancer patients, use it from 6-8 grams each day. There are studies where the dose would be almost 30 grams if memory serves.

Aspirin is just sallicyllic acid which is found in most fruits in smaller amounts.

BUT,... Start small! 1x325mg pill or if you are smaller, just a half. Do that for months and slowly start to increase each couple of weeks. The intestines need to build up a defensive coating because of the acid.

If you don't do this and jump right into 1-2 grams a day, I guarantee you will suffer for it and pay the ultimate potty price:toilet::fire:. I made that mistake in my early Peat days, as a cocky lad who thought he could handle a couple aspiring at lunch and before bed and at brekky, and boy-o-boy was I sorely mistaken. I was on the toilet for what seemed like a week, my bowels hated me for changing things too fast and everything I ate/drank shot right through me and the accompanying aches and pains down there were miserable.

But after aspiring for 3 years now I usually take 1 gram a day and like I said, a whole lot more if I have a cold or a headache. I love the way aspirin makes me feel, baby :babyangel:. No diarrhea anymore :pileofpoop::thumbsup:

Also aspirin definitely thins the blood. That means it's smart to take k2 which has the opossit effect- blood clotting. Dr. Peat actually recommends 1mg k2 per 1mg aspirin. That is a large amount, and I ahve found k2 to be expensive, but a worthwhile investment for the great benefits of the combo aspriin/k2 regimine :darts::gemstone:
K1 is involved in Blood clotting, but not K2!

Mito

K1 is involved in Blood clotting, but not K2!.
Both K1 and K2 are involved in blood clotting. K2 (MK-7) supports blood clotting better than than K1. K1 supports blood clotting better than K2 (MK-4).

MK-7 Supports Blood Clotting Better Than K1
MK-7 is not just three times better than K1 at reaching bone; it’s also five times better at supporting blood clotting (Schurgers, 2007). This may be because the greater fat-solubility of MK-7 makes it hold on more tightly to the membranes within liver cells, making it stay active in the liver much longer rather than being released and broken down (Shearer, 2008). The liver is where clotting proteins are made, so more extended activity in the liver would explain why MK-7 could better support blood clotting. If this is correct, other long-chain MKs such as MK-8 and MK-9 probably share this property as well.

MayaPapaya

Both K1 and K2 are involved in blood clotting. K2 (MK-7) supports blood clotting better than than K1. K1 supports blood clotting better than K2 (MK-4).

MK-7 Supports Blood Clotting Better Than K1
MK-7 is not just three times better than K1 at reaching bone; it’s also five times better at supporting blood clotting (Schurgers, 2007). This may be because the greater fat-solubility of MK-7 makes it hold on more tightly to the membranes within liver cells, making it stay active in the liver much longer rather than being released and broken down (Shearer, 2008). The liver is where clotting proteins are made, so more extended activity in the liver would explain why MK-7 could better support blood clotting. If this is correct, other long-chain MKs such as MK-8 and MK-9 probably share this property as well.
Thanks for responding! So, what about Aspirin: to take it at the same time as MK7 or at separate meals?

MayaPapaya

Also he has recommended 4grams to 6grams per day for aggressive cancer. With 1mg K2 for every 325mg aspirin.
I take 325 mg of GeriCare Aspirin with Vitamin C and Ginger powder at evening meals(4PM) every day. I don't have a Cancer, but calcified aorta and valves. With lunch I take Vit D 3000 IU and MK7 540 mcg. So, do you think to take 1000mcg of MK7 for this dose of ASA?

1gram a day max. I think Ray said it might hurt your intestines consuming more. There's probably a way to defend against that however.
So max 3 tablets at 325 mgs

metamorph

I typically bloom a bit of gelatin, add 3-9 mini-scoops of health natura asprin (300mg-1g), add hot water, add raw honey, stir and drink it alongside a meal. Perhaps adding a pinch of baking soda will help with a salicylate sensitivity. I do this 2-3x/day. I'm battling chronic pain and inflammation due to an iatrogenic condition. I'd even like to attempt higher doses but it seems like my digestion can't always tolerate big doses.

https://raypeatforum.com/wiki/index.php/Ray_Peat_Email_Exchanges#Aspirin

Gomes, I. Aspirin: a neuroprotective agent at high doses? Natl Med J India. 1998 Jan-Feb;11(1):14-7.Aspirin has been used for several decades as an analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agent. It is also used in the secondary prevention of stroke in patients with ischaemic symptoms. The antipyretic, antithrombotic and analgesic effects observed with low doses of aspirin (0.3-3.6 g/day) can be accounted for by the inhibition of cyclo-oxygenase-the enzyme responsible for the biosynthesis of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid. However, this mechanism alone cannot account for the antiinflammatory effects that are observed with higher doses of the drug (~4g/day)."Higher doses of aspirin (4-6 g/day) are used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and recent laboratory findings suggest that it could play a role in neuroprotection against glutamate excitotoxicity. This article reviews the possible mechanisms of action of high-dose aspirin in neuroprotection.”

“Metabolic effects of high-dose salicylates: Increase in oxygen uptake and carbon dioxide formation, oxidation of ketone bodies, fluid retention by kidneys and intracellular cAMP in neutrophils.” “Block in the formation of free fatty acids and conversion of arachidonic acid to cyclic endoperoxides.” “Uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation.” "Inhibition of antigen-antibody interaction, antibody production,antigen-antibody aggregation, antigen-induced release of histamine."

Hundal, R.S., et al. Mechanism by which high-dose aspirin improves glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2002 May;109(10):1321-6. "High-dose aspirin treatment resulted in a approximately 25% reduction in fasting plasma glucose, associated with a approximately 15% reduction in total cholesterol and C-reactive protein, a approximately 50% reduction in triglycerides, and a approximately 30% reduction in insulin clearance, despite no change in body weight.” "In conclusion, these data support the hypothesis that IKKbeta represents a new target for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus."

GorillaHead

I believe it's great for raising T, and generally androgenic.

The problem I see with those studies is feeding. As aspirin increases metabolism, it will require more sugars and nutrients to support its effects, similar to caffiene. I have felt the aspirin crash after not feeding enough, it is actually comparable to a caffiene crash, disoriented/exausted feeling. I doubt the rats in that study were eating correctly...

Anecdotally I have been taking aspirin long before I encounterred peat. I was a serious athlete in high school and loved weight training. I was trying all out to increase my bench and squat, because I thought it was so important to be the strongest most muscular 17 year old hahaha... even at the expensive of my studies but anyway you get the picture, I hit the plateau and couldn't gain anymore so at that time I was reading into steroids and hormones and supplements. I knew enough not to take the plunge into roids ocean but I still wanted something to give me an edge and I was already taking huge amounts of protein, carbs, creatine, etc. So one day my Dad, (who has always been a fan of aspirin in spite of everyone telling him it causes ulcers) reccommended I try 1 aspirin each day. It actually worked great, and I was beginning to get scared just one aspirin was working so well. I was getting leaner and finally pushing near 250 on bench and all my friends were accusing me of taking steroids. Nope, it was a single aspirin a day, just like pops said, and he's never heard of Peat.
This right here is interesting because i have read that muscle growth is inhibited by asprin

tastyfood

I think I found my sweet spot at 2x325mg with food. No more than that. I tried 3 tablets at once and the ear ringing started. 2 tablets seems ok, and I have been doing 2x325 4 times a day for about a week.

Inaut

I think I found my sweet spot at 2x325mg with food. No more than that. I tried 3 tablets at once and the ear ringing started. 2 tablets seems ok, and I have been doing 2x325 4 times a day for about a week.
I'm doing something similar but adding policosanols twice a day. I drawn to aspirin again for some reason.

tastyfood

I'm doing something similar but adding policosanols twice a day. I drawn to aspirin again for some reason.

I'm going all in on aspirin as one of the safer things to do in increased doses. I have a never ending high prolactin problem, and I'm experimenting with higher dose aspirin instead of using a deluge of pharmaceuticals to correct the problem.

sladerunner69

This right here is interesting because i have read that muscle growth is inhibited by asprin
That's possible, because aspirin inhibits estrogen which will promote muscle growth, particularly in combination with testosterone (Estrogen promotes growth and reproduction in most cells btw) . Bodybuilders, when they are trying to pack on size, will take testosterone and other steroids and not anything that inhibits estrogen too much. They will usually pack on fat and water weight during this time. Then, when they want to lean out, they will usually take a strong AI which keeps their muscles hard and the goal is to simply maintain as much muscle as they can while they lean out and lose water.

MayaPapaya

The upper limit for me is about 20 325mg pills. Yes, 20!!KA-BLAMO :bomb:!!!! let that one sink in for a sec...

Pure aspirin is actually generally safe, as Dr. Peat's research has shown. Some individuals, especially cancer patients, use it from 6-8 grams each day. There are studies where the dose would be almost 30 grams if memory serves.

Aspirin is just sallicyllic acid which is found in most fruits in smaller amounts.

BUT,... Start small! 1x325mg pill or if you are smaller, just a half. Do that for months and slowly start to increase each couple of weeks. The intestines need to build up a defensive coating because of the acid.

If you don't do this and jump right into 1-2 grams a day, I guarantee you will suffer for it and pay the ultimate potty price:toilet::fire:. I made that mistake in my early Peat days, as a cocky lad who thought he could handle a couple aspiring at lunch and before bed and at brekky, and boy-o-boy was I sorely mistaken. I was on the toilet for what seemed like a week, my bowels hated me for changing things too fast and everything I ate/drank shot right through me and the accompanying aches and pains down there were miserable.

But after aspiring for 3 years now I usually take 1 gram a day and like I said, a whole lot more if I have a cold or a headache. I love the way aspirin makes me feel, baby :babyangel:. No diarrhea anymore :pileofpoop::thumbsup:

Also aspirin definitely thins the blood. That means it's smart to take k2 which has the opossit effect- blood clotting. Dr. Peat actually recommends 1mg k2 per 1mg aspirin. That is a large amount, and I ahve found k2 to be expensive, but a worthwhile investment for the great benefits of the combo aspriin/k2 regimine :darts::gemstone:
What form of K2? I presently take 325mg of ASA and 180mcg x3 of MK7. MK7 does not affect blood coagulation, only K1.