How Much Aspirin In One Day

Constatine

I believe it's great for raising T, and generally androgenic.

The problem I see with those studies is feeding. As aspirin increases metabolism, it will require more sugars and nutrients to support its effects, similar to caffiene. I have felt the aspirin crash after not feeding enough, it is actually comparable to a caffiene crash, disoriented/exausted feeling. I doubt the rats in that study were eating correctly...

Anecdotally I have been taking aspirin long before I encounterred peat. I was a serious athlete in high school and loved weight training. I was trying all out to increase my bench and squat, because I thought it was so important to be the strongest most muscular 17 year old hahaha... even at the expensive of my studies but anyway you get the picture, I hit the plateau and couldn't gain anymore so at that time I was reading into steroids and hormones and supplements. I knew enough not to take the plunge into roids ocean but I still wanted something to give me an edge and I was already taking huge amounts of protein, carbs, creatine, etc. So one day my Dad, (who has always been a fan of aspirin in spite of everyone telling him it causes ulcers) reccommended I try 1 aspirin each day. It actually worked great, and I was beginning to get scared just one aspirin was working so well. I was getting leaner and finally pushing near 250 on bench and all my friends were accusing me of taking steroids. Nope, it was a single aspirin a day, just like pops said, and he's never heard of Peat.
Thats a good point. I had wondered why aspirin would not have a consistent effect on testosterone in the cited study and the increased metabolism solution satisfies my curiosity. I'll have to take your Pops advise too.

DaveFoster

How do you think aspirin has effected your androgen levels? The effects seem to be a bit strange: Effects of aspirin on blood plasma levels of testosterone, LH and FSH in maturing male rats. - PubMed - NCBI. With testosterone eventually dropping to below baseline after rising for a certain period. There is also this: Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans . I just don't know what to think of aspirin in terms of androgenic signalling.
So in that abstract of the first study, researchers suggested that aspirin depleted vitamin C, which seems appropriate. Also, it may have depleted glycine. I cannot see a reasonable explanation as to why aspirin would downregulate androgen metabolism otherwise, as it's been shown to lower cortisol, and cortisol and testosterone have a universally-known inverse relationship.

Syncopated

Also he has recommended 4grams to 6grams per day for aggressive cancer. With 1mg K2 for every 325mg aspirin.

Don't you mean K1? Vitamin K1 is used for blood clotting. Vitamin K2 for calcium metabolism.

OP
Luann

Luann

Thank you all for the answers :D
Is it better to take aspirin with food or on its own? Maybe doesn't matter...
I worked up to just under 2g a day (taken with plenty skim milk), and don't have nosebleeds, bloody gums, or bruises despite not using K2. Why would this be?
And...

OP
Luann

Luann

Oops, the rest of that post didn't show.

Just for fun here are two studies that suggest that aspirin chelates iron
[A new property of aspirin and other salicylates. Their capacity for radical generation at the expense of chelating-oxidizing action on iron cations]. - PubMed - NCBI salicylic acid's binding effect on iron is less than that of EDTA but stronger than a second agent it mentions.
https://www.jci.org/articles/view/113289/version/1/pdf/render note: do not take aspirin to the point of liver damage like they did to the mice here

Mito

Don't you mean K1? Vitamin K1 is used for blood clotting. Vitamin K2 for calcium metabolism.
Blood clotting factors are produced in the liver. Vitamin K2 (MK-7) stays active in the liver much longer than K1 before being broken down. MK-7 is even better than K1 at supporting blood clotting.

Frankdee20

I eat liver often, good cheeses daily, occasionally broccoli, and milk daily. So I think I get K naturally. I don't take E on the same days. I safely consume 325 mg Aspirin 4 x week. I'd take more, but I don't want to load up on the enteric version I have.

tomisonbottom

The upper limit for me is about 20 325mg pills. Yes, 20!!KA-BLAMO :bomb:!!!! let that one sink in for a sec...

Pure aspirin is actually generally safe, as Dr. Peat's research has shown. Some individuals, especially cancer patients, use it from 6-8 grams each day. There are studies where the dose would be almost 30 grams if memory serves.

Aspirin is just sallicyllic acid which is found in most fruits in smaller amounts.

BUT,... Start small! 1x325mg pill or if you are smaller, just a half. Do that for months and slowly start to increase each couple of weeks. The intestines need to build up a defensive coating because of the acid.

If you don't do this and jump right into 1-2 grams a day, I guarantee you will suffer for it and pay the ultimate potty price:toilet::fire:. I made that mistake in my early Peat days, as a cocky lad who thought he could handle a couple aspiring at lunch and before bed and at brekky, and boy-o-boy was I sorely mistaken. I was on the toilet for what seemed like a week, my bowels hated me for changing things too fast and everything I ate/drank shot right through me and the accompanying aches and pains down there were miserable.

But after aspiring for 3 years now I usually take 1 gram a day and like I said, a whole lot more if I have a cold or a headache. I love the way aspirin makes me feel, baby :babyangel:. No diarrhea anymore :pileofpoop::thumbsup:

Also aspirin definitely thins the blood. That means it's smart to take k2 which has the opossit effect- blood clotting. Dr. Peat actually recommends 1mg k2 per 1mg aspirin. That is a large amount, and I ahve found k2 to be expensive, but a worthwhile investment for the great benefits of the combo aspriin/k2 regimine :darts::gemstone:

Wow...

How do you take 20 aspirin, and why?

How many calories do you have to eat to avoid a crash from say, a gram of aspirin?

sladerunner69

Wow...

How do you take 20 aspirin, and why?

How many calories do you have to eat to avoid a crash from say, a gram of aspirin?

I have taken 20 in one day when I had a severely sore throat and was in a great deal of pain. I needed to take a lot of k2 with it to prevent bleeding. Also when dissolving the aspirin in water mixing it with baking soda helps neutralize the acid so it is less harsh on your gut. When I first started taking aspirin I had terrible diahreea for a few days because I went from no aspirin to 3 pills every day. The stomach needs a few weeks to adapt to aspirin. I eat plenty of fruit and drink plenty of milk and OJ and other juices, I just go off of taste and appetite.

tomisonbottom

I have taken 20 in one day when I had a severely sore throat and was in a great deal of pain. I needed to take a lot of k2 with it to prevent bleeding. Also when dissolving the aspirin in water mixing it with baking soda helps neutralize the acid so it is less harsh on your gut. When I first started taking aspirin I had terrible diahreea for a few days because I went from no aspirin to 3 pills every day. The stomach needs a few weeks to adapt to aspirin. I eat plenty of fruit and drink plenty of milk and OJ and other juices, I just go off of taste and appetite.

Thanks!

So, how much do you take regularly, or daily now?

jondoeuk

It all depends on the condition/illness. Doses range from 75 milligrams to 3,000 milligrams a day (that a full 24 hours).

Kyle Bigman

The upper limit for me is about 20 325mg pills. Yes, 20!!KA-BLAMO :bomb:!!!! let that one sink in for a sec...

Pure aspirin is actually generally safe, as Dr. Peat's research has shown. Some individuals, especially cancer patients, use it from 6-8 grams each day. There are studies where the dose would be almost 30 grams if memory serves.

Aspirin is just sallicyllic acid which is found in most fruits in smaller amounts.

BUT,... Start small! 1x325mg pill or if you are smaller, just a half. Do that for months and slowly start to increase each couple of weeks. The intestines need to build up a defensive coating because of the acid.

If you don't do this and jump right into 1-2 grams a day, I guarantee you will suffer for it and pay the ultimate potty price:toilet::fire:. I made that mistake in my early Peat days, as a cocky lad who thought he could handle a couple aspiring at lunch and before bed and at brekky, and boy-o-boy was I sorely mistaken. I was on the toilet for what seemed like a week, my bowels hated me for changing things too fast and everything I ate/drank shot right through me and the accompanying aches and pains down there were miserable.

But after aspiring for 3 years now I usually take 1 gram a day and like I said, a whole lot more if I have a cold or a headache. I love the way aspirin makes me feel, baby :babyangel:. No diarrhea anymore :pileofpoop::thumbsup:

Also aspirin definitely thins the blood. That means it's smart to take k2 which has the opossit effect- blood clotting. Dr. Peat actually recommends 1mg k2 per 1mg aspirin. That is a large amount, and I ahve found k2 to be expensive, but a worthwhile investment for the great benefits of the combo aspriin/k2 regimine :darts::gemstone:
do you just stay on it consistently? If you ever go off aspirin, what is your taper protocol?

Steene

I don't have a taper protocol for aspirin. That sounds at least a little excessive, to be honest.

And totally unnecessary. As if aspirin is an addictive drug which has to be tapered off in order to prevent/ease withdrawal symptoms.

Kyle Bigman

Most people who take aspirin are on it for extended periods, and they do develop withdrawals. Their body has rebound and residual effects. That's why the rates of heart attacks/strokes increase 37% after cessation – generally within the first ten days the risk is highest. Therefore a taper is actually recommended.

But there isn't much research into the optimal discontinuation method.

What-a-Riot

i think with aspirin the biggest thing in taking it away after using it consistently is the possibility of platelet aggregation being augmented beyond where it would naturally be, but since aspirin has as much effect on that as its going to at a low dose, the tapering protocol probably wouldn't require a gradual reduction in the size of the dose but rather the frequency. if there's any question of safety in withdrawing aspirin, you could probably just take one aspirin every other day for a bit then maybe one every 3 or 4 days before stopping completely. makes sense to me anyway

dand

1 mg k2 per 1 mg aspirin? No. That isn’t right. Do you have a reference? It’s 1 mg per aspirin (325mg)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals