How Much Aspirin In One Day

chispas

1gram a day max. I think Ray said it might hurt your intestines consuming more. There's probably a way to defend against that however.

OP
Luann

Luann

Kay thank you both. aspirin oxidizes to salicylic acid and 2,3 and 2,5 DHBA in the body, do these things hurt tissues like ROS and NOS do?

Orion

1gram a day max. I think Ray said it might hurt your intestines consuming more. There's probably a way to defend against that however.

Also he has recommended 4grams to 6grams per day for aggressive cancer. With 1mg K2 for every 325mg aspirin.

Peat Tong

were did the 81mg "low-dose" aspirin idea come from? is one 325mg regular aspirin every four days just as good?

sladerunner69

The upper limit for me is about 20 325mg pills. Yes, 20!!KA-BLAMO :bomb:!!!! let that one sink in for a sec...

Pure aspirin is actually generally safe, as Dr. Peat's research has shown. Some individuals, especially cancer patients, use it from 6-8 grams each day. There are studies where the dose would be almost 30 grams if memory serves.

Aspirin is just sallicyllic acid which is found in most fruits in smaller amounts.

BUT,... Start small! 1x325mg pill or if you are smaller, just a half. Do that for months and slowly start to increase each couple of weeks. The intestines need to build up a defensive coating because of the acid.

If you don't do this and jump right into 1-2 grams a day, I guarantee you will suffer for it and pay the ultimate potty price:toilet::fire:. I made that mistake in my early Peat days, as a cocky lad who thought he could handle a couple aspiring at lunch and before bed and at brekky, and boy-o-boy was I sorely mistaken. I was on the toilet for what seemed like a week, my bowels hated me for changing things too fast and everything I ate/drank shot right through me and the accompanying aches and pains down there were miserable.

But after aspiring for 3 years now I usually take 1 gram a day and like I said, a whole lot more if I have a cold or a headache. I love the way aspirin makes me feel, baby :babyangel:. No diarrhea anymore :pileofpoop::thumbsup:

Also aspirin definitely thins the blood. That means it's smart to take k2 which has the opossit effect- blood clotting. Dr. Peat actually recommends 1mg k2 per 1mg aspirin. That is a large amount, and I ahve found k2 to be expensive, but a worthwhile investment for the great benefits of the combo aspriin/k2 regimine :darts::gemstone:

Last edited:

superhuman

@sladerunner69 Thats cool to hear. I have never really noticed that much difference from taking aspirin, ive tried higher amounts as well but not consistent with it. If i try to go a little higher now say 3-500mg 2-3 times a day i start to get some ringing in the ears and also sometimes a little bloody nose. The blood and ringing is way less when i mix aspirin with sodium bicarb, if i just take some aspirin powder (i only use pure powder) with meal like RP does i get bloody nose right away no matter the amount which i think is strange and probably has something to do with my intestines then?

What have you noticed in terms of improvements from it? i know ray says its suppose to be great for lowering cortisol, stop aromatizing which means lowering estrogen and overall increase metabolic rate so it really is a wonder drug or should be.

sladerunner69

@sladerunner69 Thats cool to hear. I have never really noticed that much difference from taking aspirin, ive tried higher amounts as well but not consistent with it. If i try to go a little higher now say 3-500mg 2-3 times a day i start to get some ringing in the ears and also sometimes a little bloody nose. The blood and ringing is way less when i mix aspirin with sodium bicarb, if i just take some aspirin powder (i only use pure powder) with meal like RP does i get bloody nose right away no matter the amount which i think is strange and probably has something to do with my intestines then?

What have you noticed in terms of improvements from it? i know ray says its suppose to be great for lowering cortisol, stop aromatizing which means lowering estrogen and overall increase metabolic rate so it really is a wonder drug or should be.

Sounds like blood thinning, which is why it is advisable to take lots of k2. Kind of lame because there are only a few good k2 products out there with a strong dose and they are sorta expensive.

I dont get bloody noses but some people are just very susceptible to them it looks like.

Yeah it is a bit of a wonder drug because it covers many aspects of the peat perspective. The effect is sort of an increase in mental and physical stamina, warmer with stronger pulse, a mild euphoria feeling and less grogginess/tiredness harshness I have come to associate with estrogen. It is like a mild clean "high" almost that is signal the metabolism is properly stoked. My brain works quicker and it is easier to concentrate. Important to stay full of glycogen as aspirin without fuel can result in brainfog and burry vision and make you feel out of it mentally.

superhuman

@sladerunner69 cool. Hmm im properly fueled and everything so its strange that i dont get the effects from it. And if i increase i get the negatives .In terms of ringing in ears and blood in nose, have you experienced things like that and what did you do to counter the negatives? i have vitamin K2 and i take it aswell so thats not a problem.

sladerunner69

@sladerunner69 cool. Hmm im properly fueled and everything so its strange that i dont get the effects from it. And if i increase i get the negatives .In terms of ringing in ears and blood in nose, have you experienced things like that and what did you do to counter the negatives? i have vitamin K2 and i take it aswell so thats not a problem.

I only get the ringing in ears when I do multiple grams a day... I hav enever got a bloody nose. Maybe a couple times as a lil tike.

How much k2 ar you taking? should be like 5 miligrams

The effects like euphoria and acute senses and relaxation really come in on bigger doses of like 1 gram

Constatine

I only get the ringing in ears when I do multiple grams a day... I hav enever got a bloody nose. Maybe a couple times as a lil tike.

How much k2 ar you taking? should be like 5 miligrams

The effects like euphoria and acute senses and relaxation really come in on bigger doses of like 1 gram
How do you think aspirin has effected your androgen levels? The effects seem to be a bit strange: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6773893. With testosterone eventually dropping to below baseline after rising for a certain period. There is also this: Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans . I just don't know what to think of aspirin in terms of androgenic signalling.

sladerunner69

How do you think aspirin has effected your androgen levels? The effects seem to be a bit strange: Effects of aspirin on blood plasma levels of testosterone, LH and FSH in maturing male rats. - PubMed - NCBI. With testosterone eventually dropping to below baseline after rising for a certain period. There is also this: Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans . I just don't know what to think of aspirin in terms of androgenic signalling.

I believe it's great for raising T, and generally androgenic.

The problem I see with those studies is feeding. As aspirin increases metabolism, it will require more sugars and nutrients to support its effects, similar to caffiene. I have felt the aspirin crash after not feeding enough, it is actually comparable to a caffiene crash, disoriented/exausted feeling. I doubt the rats in that study were eating correctly...

Anecdotally I have been taking aspirin long before I encounterred peat. I was a serious athlete in high school and loved weight training. I was trying all out to increase my bench and squat, because I thought it was so important to be the strongest most muscular 17 year old hahaha... even at the expensive of my studies but anyway you get the picture, I hit the plateau and couldn't gain anymore so at that time I was reading into steroids and hormones and supplements. I knew enough not to take the plunge into roids ocean but I still wanted something to give me an edge and I was already taking huge amounts of protein, carbs, creatine, etc. So one day my Dad, (who has always been a fan of aspirin in spite of everyone telling him it causes ulcers) reccommended I try 1 aspirin each day. It actually worked great, and I was beginning to get scared just one aspirin was working so well. I was getting leaner and finally pushing near 250 on bench and all my friends were accusing me of taking steroids. Nope, it was a single aspirin a day, just like pops said, and he's never heard of Peat.

L

lollipop

@sladerunner69 do you think the K2 needs to be taken concurrently with Aspirin? I have started a recent experiment (8 days) of taking 2 x 325mg tablets with a glass of 2% (non homogenized, grassfed) milk before bed. It has made an awesome difference in my sleep. I then take 5mg of K2 in morning maybe only once or twice weekly. So far so good. And it has only been a relatively short time.

What do you think? Okay? Or not a good strategy for long term?

sladerunner69

@sladerunner69 do you think the K2 needs to be taken concurrently with Aspirin? I have started a recent experiment (8 days) of taking 2 x 325mg tablets with a glass of 2% (non homogenized, grassfed) milk before bed. It has made an awesome difference in my sleep. I then take 5mg of K2 in morning maybe only once or twice weekly. So far so good. And it has only been a relatively short time.

What do you think? Okay? Or not a good strategy for long term?

I think that sounds like a very safe strategy. The effects of k2 should last at least a day and k2 stores will last a few days before they are excreted. I know some people take k2 in large doses just once a week, I believe the organism absorbs it well and "store it" for a week or a few days...

L

lollipop

I think that sounds like a very safe strategy. The effects of k2 should last at least a day and k2 stores will last a few days before they are excreted. I know some people take k2 in large doses just once a week, I believe the organism absorbs it well and "store it" for a week or a few days...
Perfect. Thank you :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals