How much are you willing to you spend on skincare?

Maximum price you are willing to spend skincare

• 0-15$

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 15-25$

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 25-40$

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah I was too for a couple of years when Covid hit and I wasn’t getting out much.
Yeah, I work from home right now and I’m worn out from working overtime every week during covid. Charcoal soap and witch hazel is about the extent of my beauty routine atm. :)

Yeah, I work from home right now and I’m worn out from working overtime every week during covid. Charcoal soap and witch hazel is about the extent of my beauty routine atm. :)
Honey is it for me. I have never been a primper.

aniciete

No more than $15—that’s roughly what it costs me for a whole body cleanser made from soapberries, mineral sunscreen and 100x washed ghee with rose water for my face and décolleté, and monoï oil for the rest of my body.
Do you have a specific brand of 100x washed ghee you like? Has it ever given you clogged pores?

Jennifer

@aniciete, washed ghee has never clogged my pores, no. It’s surprisingly light and absorbs well. This is the one I use:

aniciete

@aniciete, washed ghee has never clogged my pores, no. It’s surprisingly light and absorbs well. This is the one I use:

Great, thank you! So you typically use it like you would a face cream? I used tallow for a little while but I didn’t like how it made my face greasy.

Jennifer

My pleasure, @aniciete. :) Yep, it's just like a face cream. I put it on after I bathe and this also helps with absorption. I had debated trying tallow prior to the ghee, but was concerned it would be greasy so it's good to know your experience with it and that I made the right choice.

I would spend more on skin care if I thought the product was gonna work. Everything I see has PUFA or chemicals. I voted according to what I AM spending on skin care, which is nothing. Maybe I should change my vote according to what I am “WILLING” to spend?

golder

I would spend more on skin care if I thought the product was gonna work. Everything I see has PUFA or chemicals. I voted according to what I AM spending on skin care, which is nothing. Maybe I should change my vote according to what I am “WILLING” to spend?
This was my thoughts exactly. I'm willing to spend a substantial amount on good skin care. Do I? No. Why? Because I don't see anything out there worth spending it on.

This was my thoughts exactly. I'm willing to spend a substantial amount on good skin care. Do I? No. Why? Because I don't see anything out there worth spending it on.
I get people in shock when they hear that I pay $15 for a gallon of raw milk, but I say it is better to eat half as much good stuff than twice as much crap. Skin care is no exception to that rule for me. Our skin is our biggest organ and everything put on it goes into our bodies in an instant.

Jennifer

Our skin is our biggest organ and everything put on it goes into our bodies in an instant.

I believe the same. That’s why I try to stick to skincare that is edible like the washed ghee and monoï oil.

watermark

I believe the same. That’s why I try to stick to skincare that is edible like the washed ghee and monoï oil.
I feel exactly the same way. I also use washed ghee as my face cream, but I make my own. I was hoping to purchase the one that you Jennifer are using, but they were sold out. I hope that they will be back in stock very soon. I always try to follow your recommendations :)

Jennifer

I feel exactly the same way. I also use washed ghee as my face cream, but I make my own. I was hoping to purchase the one that you Jennifer are using, but they were sold out. I hope that they will be back in stock very soon. I always try to follow your recommendations :)

Aww…I hope my recommendations have worked well for you. :) The washed ghee must have been restocked this afternoon because I just placed an order and there were four left in stock. I'm really impressed that you make your own. It’s a lot of work.

watermark

Aww…I hope my recommendations have worked well for you. :) The washed ghee must have been restocked this afternoon because I just placed an order and there were four left in stock. I'm really impressed that you make your own. It’s a lot of work.
Thank you very much for letting me know about the ghee being restocked. This time my order for it got in just in time - they were running low on it again. My initial introduction to the washed ghee happened last year when I bought a small container at the local shop. I fell in love with it, but unfortunately it is no longer available. I found a few other brands that I was hoping to replace it with, but was very disappointed with them. So, I decided to make my own and I am happy with the results. Now it is my favorite cream for everything (face, hands - whole body). It is a time-consuming process though and that is why I would like to have a ready one just in case.

Jennifer, I wish I had your research abilities. I am so very pleased with all the products that I bought based on your recommendations. It 's been so helpful to me and I hope to so many other people here. Thank you for doing that! :)

Jennifer

It makes me so happy to hear that, @watermark. It’s my pleasure. :) I hope this washed ghee is another product that doesn’t disappoint. I planned on making my own, but decided to buy some first to try before committing to such a time consuming process, and I liked this one so much that I’ve continued buying it. I’m taking care of two people now and make so many things from scratch that any way I can lighten my workload, I take advantage of it. Plus, I like supporting artists and small business owners doing good work. Please let me know what you think of the ghee when you’ve had a chance to try it out? I’m curious how it compares to yours. :)

watermark

It makes me so happy to hear that, @watermark. It’s my pleasure. :) I hope this washed ghee is another product that doesn’t disappoint. I planned on making my own, but decided to buy some first to try before committing to such a time consuming process, and I liked this one so much that I’ve continued buying it. I’m taking care of two people now and make so many things from scratch that any way I can lighten my workload, I take advantage of it. Plus, I like supporting artists and small business owners doing good work. Please let me know what you think of the ghee when you’ve had a chance to try it out? I’m curious how it compares to yours. :)
@Jennifer Just knowing that you like this washed ghee leaves no doubts for me that it will also meet my so called high quality standard of approval, but I will definitely let you know what I think of it once it gets here. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals