How much are you willing to you spend on skincare?

Maximum price you are willing to spend skincare

• 0-15$

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 15-25$

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 25-40$

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Insomnia

I wanted to do a little survey on how much people are willing to spend on skincare. Typically bottles start at 30ml, so I take that as an example. The questions is simple: how much are you willing to spend on a skincare product monthly (assuming 30ml lasts approximately a month).

What benefits have you seen from using it on your skin? Let me know your experience.
Oh my gosh it plumps and tightens my skin like nothing else! It slowly eliminates wrinkles, one skin layer at a time. Both pics are right after I took off my honey mask. The one where I am “grounding” outside was taken 3 weeks ago and the other one last year. I just turned 59 this month.

Attachments

• 1350135D-12BF-43CB-9703-02EF46343537.jpeg
    1350135D-12BF-43CB-9703-02EF46343537.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 138
  • BCE78B74-7460-4ECD-A65A-A8CC37D3FA74.jpeg
    BCE78B74-7460-4ECD-A65A-A8CC37D3FA74.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 132

dreamcatcher

Oh my gosh it plumps and tightens my skin like nothing else! It slowly eliminates wrinkles, one skin layer at a time. Both pics are right after I took off my honey mask. The one where I am “grounding” outside was taken 3 weeks ago and the other one last year. I just turned 59 this month.
Nice! @Rinse & rePeat
I love Ayurvedic medicine and its principles, specially when it comes to skincare. I normally use tallow that I leave on my skin to soak it before washing it off with water.

Nice! @Rinse & rePeat
I love Ayurvedic medicine and its principles, specially when it comes to skincare. I normally use tallow that I leave on my skin to soak it before washing it off with water.
My skin is not dry so I think tallow might make my skin break out. The honey freshens, tightens and moisturizes in a non-greasy way.

dreamcatcher

My skin is not dry so I think tallow might make my skin break out. The honey freshens, tightens and moisturizes in a non-greasy way.
The oiling is not only to prevent dry skin. According to Ayurveda, regular oiling the skin increases the activity of the good bacteria by encouraging it to move deeper into the skin where it can flourish.
Cultivating more microbial activity helps the cells communicate at a deeper level, boosts immunity, creates a barrier from harmful pathogens, and offers a layer of protection from environmental threats.
It also penetrates through all seven layers of our tissues, nourishing the plasma, blood, muscle, fat, bone, nerve endings, and reproductive fluids.
So it boosts the immune strength, stimulates circulation and blood flow, helps rid the body of toxins by engaging the lymphatic system, and keeps the skin healthy and prepared to fight off invaders. The Charaka Samhita also states that regular oiling of the nostrils and ears prevents diseases associated with the Vata dosha, such as hearing loss.

reality

On this topic, what are peoples thoughts on BHA (salicylic acid) for exfoliating? I use this once a week and honestly my skin glows and look much younger

Cloudhands

On this topic, what are peoples thoughts on BHA (salicylic acid) for exfoliating? I use this once a week and honestly my skin glows and look much younger
once a week is good, anymore and its too strong

Peachy

You look amazing! Thanks for the reminder on raw honey. I haven’t used it in a while. I like the gentle antibacterial tingle.

Same here - I just can’t spend much money on skin care. I use an inexpensive squalane oil that contains vitamin e for gua sha. It’s $10

I’d rather oil cleanse, but I do get lazy and wash my face with cleanser. In that case I use alcohol-free witch hazel toner afterwards. $10 as well.

golder

Wow, which honey do you use out of curiosity? Do you apply a thick layer an hour before showering? How often do you apply it? Phenomenal skin!

Saphire

Wow! You look amazing. Can you give step by on how to do this. I have never used honey and am very interested. Thanks 😊

You look amazing! Thanks for the reminder on raw honey. I haven’t used it in a while. I like the gentle antibacterial tingle.

Same here - I just can’t spend much money on skin care. I use an inexpensive squalane oil that contains vitamin e for gua sha. It’s $10

I’d rather oil cleanse, but I do get lazy and wash my face with cleanser. In that case I use alcohol-free witch hazel toner afterwards. $10 as well.

Thank you Peachy! I could try tallow as a cleanser between honey masks and see what happens. Do I put it on dry and wipe it off, or do I work up a “ lather” with with some water?

The oiling is not only to prevent dry skin. According to Ayurveda, regular oiling the skin increases the activity of the good bacteria by encouraging it to move deeper into the skin where it can flourish.
Cultivating more microbial activity helps the cells communicate at a deeper level, boosts immunity, creates a barrier from harmful pathogens, and offers a layer of protection from environmental threats.
It also penetrates through all seven layers of our tissues, nourishing the plasma, blood, muscle, fat, bone, nerve endings, and reproductive fluids.
So it boosts the immune strength, stimulates circulation and blood flow, helps rid the body of toxins by engaging the lymphatic system, and keeps the skin healthy and prepared to fight off invaders. The Charaka Samhita also states that regular oiling of the nostrils and ears prevents diseases associated with the Vata dosha, such as hearing loss.
It sounds a lot like what raw honey does. Most times I use Manuka honey. Interesting about using oil to cleanse ears and nostrils. Do you use beef tallow for that?

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Thank you Peachy! I could try tallow as a cleanser between honey masks and see what happens. Do I put it on dry and wipe it off, or do I work up a “ lather” with with some water?
Your skin looks really good. You can also try some olive oil, a few drops on wet skin will work. Make sure to spread and massage it in. Make sure you really do it on wet skin though and let it dry by itself, do not use a cloth to dry the skin afterwards.

Peachy

I’ve never tried a saturated fat, only olive oil or squalane. But I bet tallow would work melted?

I just massage on the oil, then gently remove it with a soft hot-water washcloth. I also lay the washcloth over my face afterwards. Sort of a steaming pore opener. Splashing cold water after would be good. I don’t think I usually do that but may start.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I’ve never tried a saturated fat, only olive oil or squalane. But I bet tallow would work melted?

I just massage on the oil, then gently remove it with a hot-water washcloth. I also lay the washcloth over my face afterwards. Sort of a steaming pore opener. Splashing cold water after would be good. I don’t think I usually do that but may start.
If that works thats fine but what I do is just let it sit on my face and not remove it, that's why a small amount is important. If you find your face very greasy afterwards then you probably used too much. I have tried tallow in the past but I need to try again, since I made lots of mistakes aswell when applying skincare.
Another common mistake in my opinion is that most people use cleansers every day. Even if the cleanser is mild or it claims to be very soft on the skin, I would still not use it every day, You are washing the natural oils of the skin away and that could put your sebaceous gland in overdrive and actually worsen your oily skin.
What I am about to say may sound very weird, but using oil on oily skin can help it calm down and I found many benefits of using olive oil directly on the skin.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I just massage on the oil, then gently remove it with a soft hot-water washcloth. I also lay the washcloth over my face afterwards. Sort of a steaming pore opener. Splashing cold water after would be good. I don’t think I usually do that but may start.
Also, if you want to cleanse with water using the method you described, that could work. I think you just need to try it for some time and see how it goes, but I will still recommend using an actual leave-in / leave-on oil in very small amounts. See how your skin reacts to it. I find it very important to have my face moisturized, so if I use water regurlary and my skin feels somewhat dry, i just wash my face and put some oil on it and massage it in and leave it in (once again, very important to apply it onto wet skin). If you find that you used too much oil, you can just use more water afterwards and spread/wash it away by doing so. Then let it dry again by itself and do not use a cloth.

Wow! You look amazing. Can you give step by on how to do this. I have never used honey and am very interested. Thanks 😊
Thank you Saphire! I just grab a spoon and slather the thick raw honey on, avoiding my lips and eyebrows, since it has a slight bleaching effect. I leave it on for up to two hours, then rinse it off with warm water and a wash rag, no soap. The residue keeps nourishing the skin till my next washing. I usually use a raw Manuka honey and lately I have been using a thick raw honey that has the “cappings”. I do a honey mask about once a week, it is messy so try to get a thin layer on. Here is my mask with “cappings”. I put in on my neck, chest and lately the front of my legs. I even use raw honey in my hair to lighten it.

Attachments

• 60056BAC-90DC-4F9E-B109-52149FC1DF2D.jpeg
    60056BAC-90DC-4F9E-B109-52149FC1DF2D.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 52
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals