How much activated charcoal should one take?

cout12

How much activated charcoal should you take and when? Does it matter if you're also eating carrots?

ilovethesea

I don't think you need the carrot on the same day as you take the activated charcoal. When I do the charcoal, I take 3 spoonfuls in water before bed (away from meals) every other day or so. I think it works better for me than the carrot.

tara

What are you wanting to use it for?
For tackling a specific condition? I think Peat advise someone fighting cancer to take a significant dose (IIRC, 2-3 heaped tbsp?) approx every 3 days, away from food.
Support for fighting colds or other infections? Maybe similar?
Emergency remedy for tummy bug? I'd guess a similar amount, possibly repeated a few times till symptoms subside.
Poisoning? Lots.
Routine a maintenance for lowering endotoxin and estrogen in general? Peat has expressed concern about the particle size - potential for adsorption through the intestinal wall and blocking capillaries etc, and has recommended carrot salad/bamboo instead.

There's a risk/benefit trade off, so it depends on how much benefit you can get.

Mix with water in a sealed bottle so you don't inhale (and otherwise spread) the dust.