How Many Times To Masturbate A Week

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster Yeah I gained quite a bit on the Dave Foster eat as much as you can diet (oh I most certainly did the kilo of white sugar a day!) but I’ve lost about 20 pounds over the last six months while still eating massive amounts of food. But I was skinny to start off with (been skinny my whole life). But I still eat as much as I can around the clock and I’m relatively sedentary. Weight loss was probably due to my T3 dose plus just adapting to eating high amounts of food (billy Craig’s 6000 kcal experiment comes to mind). Still have weight to lose to get to my ideal look but I’m not sure what the optimal body fat percentage is. Peat told tca300 he thinks it might be between 20-30! if so I’m definitely between 20-25 percent. Did you put on a lot of weight in your more extreme dietary experiments? Is that what discourages you? I think I could have avoided all weight can with adequate thyroid supplementation.
When I was eating blended skim milk, coconut oil, orange juice concentrate while also taking eighteen mineral and vitamin powders, megadoses of caffeine and aspirin, methylene blue and obscure mitochondrial uncouplers? My weight has remained pretty much the same. After increasing my thyroid dosage, my weight has remained exactly the same. Taking cyproheptadine? I became grossly overweight. Not taking cyproheptadine, eating almost no fat, and working out, as well as working outdoors? I'm miserable, but I'm a bit thinner.

30% bodyfat? I hope you enjoy your new ideal physique.
BF-Male.jpg

Attachments

• BF-Male.jpg
    BF-Male.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8

ilikecats

@DaveFoster I just said I’m between 20-25... lines up with the picture in the photo (20-24) which looks alright to me. But I never said this was my ideal physique but it is what it is now. I said ray told tca300 that he thought the ideal body fat percentage was between 20-30 percent so I’m not sure getting leaner is healthier we shall see.

Kind of a weird turn to take there when I was being complimentary and trying to help. Have fun being miserable. I guess we had the same goal but I just did everything better (Why would you take 18 vitamin and mineral powders or use “obscure” uncouplers?) and saw it through. Maybe you never achieved the bliss state but just acted like you did to drum up hype for your nutritional coaching.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster I just said I’m between 20-25... lines up with the picture in the photo (20-24) which looks alright to me. But I never said this was my ideal physique but it is what it is now. I said ray told tca300 that he thought the ideal body fat percentage was between 20-30 percent so I’m not sure getting leaner is healthier we shall see.

Kind of a weird turn to take there when I was being complimentary and trying to help. Have fun being miserable. I guess we had the same goal but I just did everything better (Why would you take 18 vitamin and mineral powders or use “obscure” uncouplers?) and saw it through. Maybe you never achieved the bliss state but just acted like you did to drum up hype for your nutritional coaching.
It's not a weird turn because I understand where you're coming from. I've been there. I make peanuts from my nutritional coaching because of all of the time invested with each client; less than minimum wage for the vast majority. I also talk with anyone who messages me regardless of them being a client. I don't do it for the money at all.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Alright, I guess somethings getting a little lost in translation here. I assumed you were making a dig on me for not being lean.
No, because neither am I! I wish I could live on milk, fruit and ice cream and maintain a normal weight, but it just doesn't work. Maybe for some it does. Vision of Strength doesn't hang around here any more, but maybe for him. So many moving parts pervade; I'm unsure. This place is a battleground for ideas, and it's changed remarkably over the past few years.

Last edited:

ilikecats

@DaveFoster Okay gotcha. My bad for calling you a liar but to be accurate I said there's a possibility you were lying. But I take that back you seem like an honest guy. But like I said I lost 20 lbs without reducing caloric intake or exercising (beyond occasionally walking and light strength training). But yeah I'm not lean yet we'll see how far I can go I don't plan on stopping this experiment. I became pretty overweight with some of my dietary approaches before I stopped gaining and started losing weight. I still eat a ton and I still eat a diet consisting of oj, milk, coke, sugar, CO, oysters, and liver and eggs once a week. like I said I think it was a combination of things that stopped and reversed the weight gain but for me but personally I feel a lot of it was due to taking large amounts of T3. Yes VoS was great. Did you ever see his posts on the other RPF? I didn't always agree with them but they were all pretty great and interesting. He claimed to be 8 percent body fat in one of his posts over there. I actually have some of his posts on my desktop.

"Aspirin, caffeine and emodin are the triumvirate of mitochondrial energy. But getting them into the tissue is tricky. It's one thing to have high plasma levels, and quite another to have the tissue concentrations that are needed to really optimize mitochondrial processes, especially where there's been progressive deterioration of the collagenous matrix, by inflammation, fibrosis or cancer."

"Aspirin, caffeine and emodin are the triumvirate of mitochondrial energy." I love things like that

he sent this email to ray

"I just heard your recent interview (below) about a CO2 bath. I've looked into that in the past and I think CO2 diffuses very quickly into the air, due to kinetic energy, which is why you almost never suffocate from CO2. It's even hard to keep it in a plastic bag, when you move about. But by the same token, you are not overcome by breathing pure CO2 that leaks out of the bag, because it diffuses so quickly.

It's true that you can pour CO2 temporarily, but then it quickly diffuses given the slight air currents in a room.

When I experiment, I find that the best way to diffuse CO2 into the tissues is through breathing air with a higher concentration of CO2. There are about 50 square meters of thin membranes in the lungs, compared to less than 2 square meters of thick skin.

Also, I think you can lose CO2 rapidly through breathing faster than you can absorb it through the skin. I also find that no matter how much CO2 I generate, or absorb through the skin, if I breathe fast enough I will not retain the CO2 (as measured with etCO2).

So after thinking about it, it seems to me the real key is to maintain a breathing rate that is slower than my CO2 generation rate, as in the ancient yogi practice of pranayama. I find that small, frequent amounts of sodium and potassium bicarbonate help with this, since this allows for a greater build up of carbonic acid (and neutralizes lactic acid).

I've also designed a few devices for breathing through tubes that help to increase the CO2 of the air I rebreathe, and let me control the amount of CO2 I add from a tank.

I think the nose and lungs have been imprinted for fight or flight, but the rate of CO2 loss through breathing is the primary cause of aging. I think I would live for hundreds of years if I could simply do much more rebreathing, like a whale."

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster Okay gotcha. My bad for calling you a liar but to be accurate I said there's a possibility you were lying. But I take that back you seem like an honest guy. But like I said I lost 20 lbs without reducing caloric intake or exercising (beyond occasionally walking and light strength training). But yeah I'm not lean yet we'll see how far I can go I don't plan on stopping this experiment. I became pretty overweight with some of my dietary approaches before I stopped gaining and started losing weight. I still eat a ton, like I said I think it was a number of things that stopped and reversed the weight gain but for me but personally I feel a lot of it was due to taking large amounts of T3. Yes VoS was great. Did you ever see his posts on the other RPF? I didn't always agree with them but they were all pretty great and interesting. He claimed to be 8 percent body fat in one of his posts over there. I actually have some of his posts on my desktop.

"Aspirin, caffeine and emodin are the triumvirate of mitochondrial energy. But getting them into the tissue is tricky. It's one thing to have high plasma levels, and quite another to have the tissue concentrations that are needed to really optimize mitochondrial processes, especially where there's been progressive deterioration of the collagenous matrix, by inflammation, fibrosis or cancer."

"Aspirin, caffeine and emodin are the triumvirate of mitochondrial energy." I love things like that

he sent this email to ray

"I just heard your recent interview (below) about a CO2 bath. I've looked into that in the past and I think CO2 diffuses very quickly into the air, due to kinetic energy, which is why you almost never suffocate from CO2. It's even hard to keep it in a plastic bag, when you move about. But by the same token, you are not overcome by breathing pure CO2 that leaks out of the bag, because it diffuses so quickly.

It's true that you can pour CO2 temporarily, but then it quickly diffuses given the slight air currents in a room.

When I experiment, I find that the best way to diffuse CO2 into the tissues is through breathing air with a higher concentration of CO2. There are about 50 square meters of thin membranes in the lungs, compared to less than 2 square meters of thick skin.

Also, I think you can lose CO2 rapidly through breathing faster than you can absorb it through the skin. I also find that no matter how much CO2 I generate, or absorb through the skin, if I breathe fast enough I will not retain the CO2 (as measured with etCO2).

So after thinking about it, it seems to me the real key is to maintain a breathing rate that is slower than my CO2 generation rate, as in the ancient yogi practice of pranayama. I find that small, frequent amounts of sodium and potassium bicarbonate help with this, since this allows for a greater build up of carbonic acid (and neutralizes lactic acid).

I've also designed a few devices for breathing through tubes that help to increase the CO2 of the air I rebreathe, and let me control the amount of CO2 I add from a tank.

I think the nose and lungs have been imprinted for fight or flight, but the rate of CO2 loss through breathing is the primary cause of aging. I think I would live for hundreds of years if I could simply do much more rebreathing, like a whale."

He was pretty obsessed with CO2 and Buteyko stuff.
He understands Dr. Peat's mode of thought on an experienced, almost masterful level. If it's of any consequence, I've inhaled CO2 for hours at a time and noticed some thyroid-like effects. I e-mailed Danny Roddy about it actually, and he's never tried a similar set-up.

I've actually been taking four grains of thyroid, but then I dropped it to three and then two. I tested rT3 while on three and it came out at the high-end. I e-mailed Ray and he told me that a lower level corresponds to better thyroid function, so even the 1:4 ratio in NDT (Idea Labs DC's TyroMax) had elevated it. I'm wary of adding T3, but I think @lampofred is correct in his endorsement of progesterone. Nathan Hatch (@natedawggh) swore by progesterone, and I'm unsure as to whether thyroid can substitute. I've always wanted to believe that "thyroid is all you need," but reality's more complex.

The main problem is that, at least for me, cyproheptadine does function as a "wonder-drug," but it causes such ridiculous weight gain. So, maybe larger amounts of progesterone would be helpful. Dr. Peat has recommended around 1,200 mg daily to some with cancer, so lampofred's phrase, "drown yourself in progesterone," doesn't necessarily clash with Ray's advice at all.

I think the high altitude offers some benefits unobtainable by substances, else why would Dr. Peat live there? That's another complex issue, though.

Another thing that's always confused me: more developed nations consume more fat, but Dr. Peat thinks 40 grams "is enough." He's also said that the diet should be around 50% fat, though. He does recommend a lower amount because of the PUFA and because larger amounts of fat can make you fat! o_O From this, I can only conclude that Dr. Peat thinks that 50% of calories consumed should be from fully hydrogenated coconut oil, but that seems absurd. Nathan Hatch solved his health problems by literally drinking cream, and he lost weight, but Dr. Peat says that this should make him gain fat instead!

Vegans are aggressive and insane; I actually work around them. This starch-based, <5% fat McDougall diet is literally making me crazy. I feel like Westside PUFAs, but I am losing weight.

Last edited:

ilikecats

@DaveFoster yeah progesterone is great, I feel I went a little over board with it recently though and got some undesirable effects but I’m still using small amounts daily to good effect. VoS was a big fan of Progest-e and said he applied it a few times a day, every day for years. Breathing CO2 from a canister and actually just placing dry ice strategically around my bedroom are on my to try list. Bag breathing and reduced breathing have a great effect on me when done right. Hmmm I’ve never heard peat say 50 percent of cals should be from fat but I know he said that at one time he was eating that much saturated fat without bad effects. In one interview he said a 33 33 33 macro ratio might be ideal but he seems to have moved away from that and I personally think that’s the right move in my opinion. He mentioned that now a days he eats 60 grams of fat a day. I was below 10 grams of fat a day for quite a bit without issues (maybe contributed to my weight loss) but now I’ve added in 28 grams of hydrogenated coconut oil. But that’s just my personal experience, it’s probably not typical and too low for most people. I never crave fat personally, just added in CO for health benefits. But I’m open to my cravings being misguided (like low salters who lose their desire for salt).

Megadosing progesterone can be good in my experience.

I’d probably never take NDT again I can’t stand T4. Even when peat told me I should have some T4 before bed I didn’t listen and still have yet to implement that approach.

Yeah peat did say high altitude effects can’t be replicated through other methods. He lives at around sea level in Oregon but there’s a place in Mexico that I think he vistits frequently that is at at a higher altitude.

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster yeah progesterone is great, I feel I went a little over board with it recently though and got some undesirable effects but I’m still using small amounts daily to good effect. VoS was a big fan of Progest-e and said he applied it a few times a day, every day for years. Breathing CO2 from a canister and actually just placing dry ice strategically around my bedroom are on my to try list. Bag breathing and reduced breathing have a great effect on me when done right. Hmmm I’ve never heard peat say 50 percent of cals should be from fat but I know he said that at one time he was eating that much saturated fat without bad effects. In one interview he said a 33 33 33 macro ratio might be ideal but he seems to have moved away from that and I personally think that’s the right move in my opinion. He mentioned that now a days he eats 60 grams of fat a day. I was below 10 grams of fat a day for quite a bit without issues (maybe contributed to my weight loss) but now I’ve added in 28 grams of hydrogenated coconut oil. But that’s just my personal experience, it’s probably not typical and too low for most people. I never crave fat personally, just added in CO for health benefits. But I’m open to my cravings being misguided (like low salters who lose their desire for salt).

Megadosing progesterone can be good in my experience.

I’d probably never take NDT again I can’t stand T4. Even when peat told me I should have some T4 before bed I didn’t listen and still have yet to implement that approach.

Yeah peat did say high altitude effects can’t be replicated through other methods. He lives at around sea level in Oregon but there’s a place in Mexico that I think he vistits frequently that is at at a higher altitude.
Here's a quote from one of his e-mail exchanges found on the Wiki:

'Sugar helps the liver to make cholesterol, switching from starchy vegetables to sweet fruits will usually bring cholesterol levels up to normal. If the fat is mostly saturated, from milk, cheese, butter, beef, lamb or coconut oil, I think it's usually o.k. to get about 50% of the calories from fat, but since those natural fats typically contain around 2% polyunsaturated fats, I try to minimize my PUFA intake by having more fruit, and a little less fat, maybe 30 to 35%."

Does he actually still live here? I'm in the same town as him then, probably within walking distance. I assumed he lived in Coeneo. Wait, I'm in the library! He used to read here. Maybe I'll run into him!

Last edited:

Sheik

I think the matter of whether a high fat diet should make a person gain weight is complex. I think stress (perhaps more specifically, chronic emotional stress) could be a bigger factor in this. I really wish I knew what to recommend to the people around me who want to lose weight.

I read about a study that tried to make participants gain weight by feeding them tons of calories, but instead found that their body adapted to eating tons of food and maintained a normal weight. I have no idea if this is true but if so it's a very important piece of information. If anyone happens to have a source for this, please share it.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster yeah I'm almost certain he still lives in Oregon (he mentioned this in one of the recent radio one interviews), he just visits that town occasionally (I think he mentioned he owns a place there). Dude you should try to meet up with him that would be sick. At the very least you could probably do a one on one consultation with him for a fee (if you have the dough to spare).

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster yeah I'm almost certain he still lives in Oregon, he just visits that town occasionally (I think he mentioned he owns a place there). Dude you should try to meet up with him that would be sick. At the very least you could probably do a one on one consultation with him for a fee (if you have the dough to spare).
I'd pay him whether I had the cash or not. I think I will. This will be amazing if he says yes!

TheCalciumCad

This is just a hypothesis, not saying it definitely applies to your situation, but: I've heard of observations with monkeys where it was noticed that they only masturbate if they are trapped in captivity. The implication to me is that masturbation acts like a tranquilizer. If it is impossibly hard to not masturbate without getting agitated to a degree that you are nonfunctional, then maybe your life situation, diet, and surroundings are not appropriate for you, and you are using masturbation as a coping tool for chronic stress/learned helplessness/feeling trapped?

From the book Bronze Age Mindset (which mentions Ray Peat a few times)

"Chimp in state of nature never jerks off, but in captivity he does, wat does this mean? In state of nature he’s too busy, to put plainly. He is concerned with mastering space: solving problem of life in and under trees, mastering what tools he can, mastering social relations in the jockeying for power and status. Deprived of this drive to development and self-increase he devolves to pointless masturbation, in captivity, where he senses he is in owned space and therefore the futility of all his efforts and all his actions. The onanism of modern society is connected with its supposed “hyper-sexualization” and its infertility. It’s not really hyper-sexualization, but the devolution of the spirit to the lassitude of a diffuse and weak sexuality. Life in owned space becomes drained of energy through low-grade pointless titillation—and nofap is a kind of cargo cult that tries to reestablish energy in order, on path of ascent. Sometimes, however, it’s a successful cargo cult, but whether it works or no can be seen usually within a week. The unfortunate thing about all this is that w*m*n have exceptionally good antennae for this kind of thing, and when a man frees himself from these pressures…they see this from very far away. They have an instinct to seek out ascending life and drain it…they and the species thereby achieve their goals, but you are bled dry and sometimes left a husk........Life is at most basic, struggle for ownership of space."

Jing

Like cirion I notice benefits from no ejaculation .. after a week I get morning wood back and erections are very easy to get and testicles are much bigger and sensitivity during sex is so much better .. if I was to ejaculate today I wouldn't be able to get an erection without lots of work, so just that shows me ejaculating isn't too good, but like cirion says someone in poor health is going to notice the effects more than someone who is healthy. I have chronic prostatitis which gives me a burning pain in my penis I'm on day 27 with no ejaculation and I haven't felt the pain in about 3 weeks if I would ejaculate the pain would come back.

ilikecats

@TheCalciumCad they offer a citation for that my guy?

"A variety of creative techniques are used, including genital stimulation using the hand or front paw (primates, Lions), foot (Vampire Bats, primates), flipper (Walruses), or tail (Savanna Baboons), sometimes accompanied by stimulation of the nipples (Rhesus Macaques, Bonobos); auto-fellating or licking, sucking and/or nuzzling by a male of his own penis (Common Chimpanzees, Savanna Bonobos, Vervet Monkeys, Squirrel Monkeys, Thinhorn Sheep, Bharal, Aovdad, Dwarf Cavies); stimulation of the penis by flipping or rubbing it against the belly or in its own sheath (White-tailed and Mule Deer, Zebras and Takhi); spontaneous ejaculations (Mountain Sheep, Warthogs, Spotted Hyenas); and stimulation of the genitals using inanimate objects (found in several primates and cetaceans).

Many birds masturbate by mounting and copulating with tufts of grass, leaves or mounds of earth, and some mammals such as primates and Dolphins also rub their genitals against the ground or other surfaces to stimulate themselves.

Autoeroticism in female mammals, as well as heterosexual and homosexual intercourse (especially in primates), often involves direct or indirect stimulation of the clitoris. This organ is present in the females of all mammalian species and several other animal groups, and that:

Apes and Monkeys use a variety of objects to masturbate with and even deliberately create implements for sexual stimulation often in highly creative ways."

-Bruce Bagemihl, Canadian biologist

Ron J

Not caloric intake but yes, from any macronutrient.
What if cypro is used at low body fat and more muscle mass than average? I wanted to try cypro, but haven't yet due to its tendency to increase body fat. Also, have you tried something else that's almost as good as cypro and doesn't increase body fat? I've been using famotidine(20mg) several times a week, but I don't know how it compares to other anti-serotonin drugs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals