How Many Ounces Of Carrot?

orewashin

I usually end up eating the whole bag (10 ounces).

It takes a long time, so I don’t use vinegar because it’d corrode my teeth in that time. How about drinking some afterward?

The oil sounds like a good idea, since it’d slide down easier.

Not sure what the salt would accomplish. Could cause gastritis, especially with vinegar.

Jessie

I'm not sure the "optimal" amount has ever been discussed. Whenever I hear Ray mention the carrot he's always saying something like "a carrot or two, would keep digestion optimal." The beta-carotene can be problematic, but it's poorly absorbed when the carrot is raw. You can also wash some of it out by shredding it then soaking it in water.

Whatever you feel is optimal I guess. I usually get around 100-150 grams, roughly 4-6 ounces.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

I'm not sure the "optimal" amount has ever been discussed. Whenever I hear Ray mention the carrot he's always saying something like "a carrot or two, would keep digestion optimal." The beta-carotene can be problematic, but it's poorly absorbed when the carrot is raw. You can also wash some of it out by shredding it then soaking it in water.

Whatever you feel is optimal I guess. I usually get around 100-150 grams, roughly 4-6 ounces.
Do you think a carrot should be consumed in the morning to reduce bacterial growth that occurred during the night, as well as in the evening to prevent bacteria from overgrowing at night in the first place?

Jessie

Do you think a carrot should be consumed in the morning to reduce bacterial growth that occurred during the night, as well as in the evening to prevent bacteria from overgrowing at night in the first place?
I think once a day is probably enough. I do it in the mid-afternoon, sometimes right before (1hr-30min) dinner. But I think it depends on how bad the individual's overgrowth is.

Bacterial endotoxin can get severe enough that someone could literally go into sepisis and die. It's rarely this severe, but it can happen. So I think there's different degrees to the severity.

I feel my best when doing it once daily, additionally I do charcoal two times a week with coconut oil. This routine keeps me cleared for the most part. I also do a 45 day phage therapy 3-4 times a year.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

I think once a day is probably enough. I do it in the mid-afternoon, sometimes right before (1hr-30min) dinner. But I think it depends on how bad the individual's overgrowth is.

Bacterial endotoxin can get severe enough that someone could literally go into sepisis and die. It's rarely this severe, but it can happen. So I think there's different degrees to the severity.

I feel my best when doing it once daily, additionally I do charcoal two times a week with coconut oil. This routine keeps me cleared for the most part. I also do a 45 day phage therapy 3-4 times a year.
Do you prepare it with vinegar, oil, or salt, and if so, does it make a difference for you?

Activated charcoal may be impure or cause persorption due to small particle size. IIRC, oil can reduce persorption by dissolving the smaller particles.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

Can you do the carrot daily?
Yes, and you should. I’ve heard that the benefits appear a few days or a week after you start eating it daily.

However, it’s hard to tell if it works, or if vinegar or oil with it is beneficial, because you have to go by feeling, and I’m not aware of a concrete method of measuring benefit from it.

It’s especially difficult for a fluctuating illness such as mine. People with CFS are prone to placebo effect because they can sometimes have plenty of energy, and sometimes be bed-bound. So being able to tell if a certain method of preparing carrots is more effective is much harder for me.

Jessie

Do you prepare it with vinegar, oil, or salt, and if so, does it make a difference for you?

Activated charcoal may be impure or cause persorption due to small particle size. IIRC, oil can reduce persorption by dissolving the smaller particles.
I put 1tsp MCT oil and 1sp of vinegar on it. I honestly don't know if this makes a difference. Sometimes I get tired of eating it that way, and I'll add some ground beef and cheese to it, make it more like an actual salad.

Yeah I use the charcoal granules, it prevents the persorption problem because it's not a powder. I mix it with coconut oil so the lauric acid can get deeper into the intestine, and exert more antiseptic effects.

清貴杉山

Yes, and you should. I’ve heard that the benefits appear a few days or a week after you start eating it daily.

However, it’s hard to tell if it works, or if vinegar or oil with it is beneficial, because you have to go by feeling, and I’m not aware of a concrete method of measuring benefit from it.

It’s especially difficult for a fluctuating illness such as mine. People with CFS are prone to placebo effect because they can sometimes have plenty of energy, and sometimes be bed-bound. So being able to tell if a certain method of preparing carrots is more effective is much harder for me.
Im dealing with some acne rn,i going to eat the carrot everyday and see if i can change something,im doing it 3 4 times a week

OP
orewashin

orewashin

I put 1tsp MCT oil and 1sp of vinegar on it. I honestly don't know if this makes a difference. Sometimes I get tired of eating it that way, and I'll add some ground beef and cheese to it, make it more like an actual salad.

Yeah I use the charcoal granules, it prevents the persorption problem because it's not a powder. I mix it with coconut oil so the lauric acid can get deeper into the intestine, and exert more antiseptic effects.
You use it with coconut oil because the lauric acid is more slowly absorbed and has stronger antimicrobial effects than MCT oil?

Jessie

You use it with coconut oil because the lauric acid is more slowly absorbed and has stronger antimicrobial effects than MCT oil?
Yeah, MCT oil is much lower in lauric acid then coconut oil. Lauric acid is the fatty acid that has strong antimicrobial properties to it. It breaks down into monolaurin I believe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals