How many of you have gotten Vitamin D injections?

Gustav3Y

I see most injections are 100,000 IU to 300,000 IU and there are even 600,000 IU, to be given once, not every day supplementation.

What was the IU dose per injection and how many injections have you gotten?

Did you experience any side effect?

Have you also supplemented with Calcium before or after the injection?
Have you supplemented with anything else before or after the injection?
Have you had your blood Vitamin D levels tested after the injection?

Elize

I would like to know as well. Supplements by mouth made no difference to my levels.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

dibase-range-cropped.jpg

Elize

I asked my endocrinologist for Vitamin D injections and she said that it is only given to those on dialysis.

Trying Codliver oil to see if it will help.
My level is low at 27

OP
G

Gustav3Y

I can post studies regarding the doses I mentioned in my original post, but I wanted to hear the experiences of people rather than starting a discussion around studies and theories.
As far you can read they were most of the time given just for Vit D deficiency and of course other reasons too.
But again I would rather want to know the experiences of people rather than talk around studies.

P

Peatness

I see most injections are 100,000 IU to 300,000 IU and there are even 600,000 IU, to be given once, not every day supplementation.

What was the IU dose per injection and how many injections have you gotten?

Did you experience any side effect?

Have you also supplemented with Calcium before or after the injection?
Have you supplemented with anything else before or after the injection?
Have you had your blood Vitamin D levels tested after the injection?
Is there a particular reason you don’t want to use oral or topical vitamin D?

If not I would caution against vitamin D injections mainly because they then to be vitamin D2 rather than D3. Vitamin D is so well absorbed either orally or transdermally. I have used this product for years (oral and topical) and it has successfully raised my levels

The cofactors are also important; magnesium, zinc and b vitamins.

You may find this article on vitamin D2 useful

OP
G

Gustav3Y

If not I would caution against vitamin D injections mainly because they then to be vitamin D2 rather than D3. Vitamin D is so well absorbed either orally or transdermally. I have used this product for years (oral and topical) and it has successfully raised my levels

Again I do not attempt to make this theoretical discussion, because I want to know people's experiences, what have they felt, what have they done.
So far I have seen 3 brands and they are all Cholecalciferol, I have not even seen here any D2 (Ergocalciferol) ampules for sale.
Please actually look at the photo I have posted and read what it says.

P

Peatness

Again I do not attempt to make this theoretical discussion, because I want to know people's experiences, what have they felt, what have they done.
So far I have seen 3 brands and they are all Cholecalciferol, I have not even seen here any D2 (Ergocalciferol) ampules for sale.
Please actually look at the photo I have posted and read what it says.
My error I did not look at the image closely. When someone replies to a post they do so because they believe they are being helpful, however, if they are not then being gracious or polite costs nothing.

S-VV

I asked my endocrinologist for Vitamin D injections and she said that it is only given to those on dialysis.

Trying Codliver oil to see if it will help.
My level is low at 27
Your endocrinologist should have his license removed. Dialysis patients recieve calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxy cholecalciferol) injections, because the enzyme that produces it is located in the kidneys, and stops working when kidneys fail. This has nothing to to with D3 injections, that are two enzymatic steps removed from calcitriol.

Your endocrinologist should have his license removed.

Hehe. If in-depth, ongoing knowledge of biochemical processes were a prerequisite for keeping the title of endocrinologist, there would be very few of them left ;)

OP
G

Gustav3Y

My error I did not look at the image closely. When someone replies to a post they do so because they believe they are being helpful, however, if they are not then being gracious or polite costs nothing.
I said above several times I am interested in the experiences of peoples taking these injections, not even in the original post I attempt to ask for a debate about oral, topical, injectable, D2, D3, which I feared it will be started anyway and the topic will be lost in debates, rather in a testimony.
Do not take it offensive but the tendency is for them to be D3, not D2 at least in my experience.

Cholecalciferol-Injection-Supplier-India-Zymeth-DI-BON-4.jpg
P_XVD3.jpg

dibase-range-cropped.jpg
namanchitol-3l-injection-500x500.jpg

637300001_1.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals